What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

The major problems are with the O, KD has multiple stints as OC, so how much of the current problems are from what he created? If he has nothing to do with the O and it is all on Chev, great lets fire Chiv and find someone else. If KD has been heavily involved with the O, getting rid of Chiv will do nothing. Who is going to come in here after an historically bad season to be OC? Anyone with any skills are going to pass, knowing KD has one foot in the grave. Right now KD is an anchor that is going to sink the entire program. He can fire everyone, but I don't have any faith in his ability to hire anyone better.
Ya this where I’m not putting the puzzle together just yet. I remember KD at some point saying he wanted more motion and more deception added this past offseason.

What we have now is 0 of either of those things. Did Chev a full blown air raid bro decide to go with whatever you would call this O or did KD take spread air raid concepts out of the playbook? Something doesn’t add up.

I don’t think getting a competent OC will be an issue actually. A lower level guy will get a P5 step up and salary boost. A retread with a somewhat proven track record will take a 2nd chance opportunity. Do I think we are getting a name like Grahame Harrel should he be available, no but the other options i mentioned would be substantially better than Chev.

Ya this where I’m not putting the puzzle together just yet. I remember KD at some point saying he wanted more motion and more deception added this past offseason.

What we have now is 0 of either of those things. Did Chev a full blown air raid bro decide to go with whatever you would call this O or did KD take spread air raid concepts out of the playbook? Something doesn’t add up.

I don’t think getting a competent OC will be an issue actually. A lower level guy will get a P5 step up and salary boost. A retread with a somewhat proven track record will take a 2nd chance opportunity. Do I think we are getting a name like Grahame Harrel should he be available, no but the other options i mentioned would be substantially better than Chev.

Harrell is going to be available. USC's going to replace him with a guy who will run something else. The air raid offense never has been that popular there.

I wish I could be bottom 1% at my job and just ride it out guaranteed.

Kinda ridiculous to me that any public employee can have a multi-year guaranteed contract at all, much less one that isn’t tied to performance, and especially for the highest paid public employee by an enormous margin.

Guys, let’s stay calm. I am sure there has been a lot of evaluations going on and HCKD has been popping into meetings. I am sure we will get different results going forward by not changing anything we’ve been doing.
We will wear our right footed socks on our left feet and our left footed socks on our right feet. How’s that for subtlety? Always thinkin.

as I enter the acceptance phase, what makes me sad is that change will only come through relentless bullying of RG and KD by fans and journalists (which I don’t like) or through a total boycott by the fans (which more directly impacts the players)

so, what we’d really need is for someone like Fowler to be very very vocal about the POS coach that KD is and how RG is essentially conning the CUAD at this point — only way out of this is to emotionally damage someone, and it may as well be the millionaires who suck at their jobs

as I enter the acceptance phase, what makes me sad is that change will only come through relentless bullying of RG and KD by fans and journalists (which I don’t like) or through a total boycott by the fans (which more directly impacts the players)

so, what we’d really need is for someone like Fowler to be very very vocal about the POS coach that KD is and how RG is essentially conning the CUAD at this point — only way out of this is to emotionally damage someone, and it may as well be the millionaires who suck at their jobs
We better all be on our knees ready to pray to or suck off whomever it takes to get a president who is more than a political hire and who will be a strong leader who refuses to accept mediocrity in his/her organization- particularly with one of the most visible, public-facing aspects of it.

We better all be on our knees ready to pray to or suck off whomever it takes to get a president who is more than a political hire and who will be a strong leader who refuses to accept mediocrity in his/her organization- particularly with one of the most visible, public-facing aspects of it.
I’ll do it. Can’t be more than 15 minutes of my time to suck someone off to get at LEAST mediocre football.

It doesn't matter who or what entity you chose to pray to, it's not going to improve things in Boulder, and especially not for CU athletics. Their only collective objective is their agenda and that does not include successful, winning athletic programs. There is an increasingly long history of this fact.

Prove me wrong. Please, I beg you.

P.S. Thanks for the title, you pretentious liberal hacks haha.

It doesn't matter who or what entity you chose to pray to, it's not going to improve things in Boulder, and especially not for CU athletics. Their only collective objective is their agenda and that does not include successful, winning athletic programs. There is an increasingly long history of this fact.

Oh, politics tough guy.

tantrum GIF

I think that almost ALL universities lean left in their zeitgeist. It is the nature of academia.

Ours is just particularly bad at helping the football team win because they are too elitist about letting in the kids we need to win.

I beleve that had we let Rayshon Wright in, Tucker is still here

Bunch of posts destined for the Island.

Please take a step back and do some introspection if politics so dominates your life that you can't even enjoy a football game without thinking about that stuff.

Go Buffs!

Played a really limited opponent today, so I'm not gonna read too much into this win. Dominating performance on defense. Great special teams. Plus the offense.

OL continues to show improvement in pass protection, which makes a big difference. RB touches more weighted to Broussard, which needs to happen. Biggest thing is that Lewis was asked to be aggressive & they consistently challenged the defense vertically.

There's a lot to build on with this one. Next week's against a better bad team on the road and vs a more physical team. Tougher challenge and a great measuring stick.

We've handled the 2 bad teams on our schedule.

We played toe to toe against the best team we've seen.

We got crushed and didn't really compete against 3 pretty good opponents.

Cal should tell us whether we're bad or mediocre & whether we've got a shot in the remaining games.

Last edited:

Please take a step back and do some introspection if politics so dominates your life that you can't even enjoy a football game without thinking about that stuff.

Go Buffs!

Played a really limited opponent today, so I'm not gonna read too much into this win. Dominating performance on defense. Great special teams. Plus the offense.

OL continues to show improvement in pass protection, which makes a big difference. RB touches more weighted to Broussard, which needs to happen. Biggest thing is that Lewis was asked to be aggressive & they consistently challenged the defense vertically.

There's a lot to build on with this one. Next week's against a better bad team on the road vs a more physical team. Tougher challenge and a great measuring stick.

Cal should tell us whether we're bad or mediocre & whether we've got a shot in the remaining games.
I want to see lots of Rice, Bru, and Smith on offense next week. Keep the spread plays going

The pac 12 crew today said at halftime that the Arizona D had no tackles from their linebackers when CU ran the ball. For some reason our run pro is absolute garbage right now and the pass pro improved a little.

Mac was an elite recruiter. The phoenix is always rising in College Football when you’ve got a closer at the helm with the entire staff following suit.
We cant afford a staff of closers. Back then I suspect good Assistant coaches were cheaper than they are now.

Also, this admin above RG hasnt shown an incling of being supportive of success.

Go Buffs!

There's a lot to build on with this one. Next week's against a better bad team on the road and vs a more physical team. Tougher challenge and a great measuring stick.

Beyond this there is a reason we have a politics forum.

There are lots of people on this site who I don't agree with politically and who don't agree with me politically. In the politics forum we can respectfully disagree but first and foremost this is a site based on mutual interest and support of University of Colorado athletics.

Bringing political crap into sports forums defeats the purpose of the site. Doing it in a disrespectful manner makes it that much worse.

Feel great for the players who busted their tails today and earned a convincing win. Don't care if they beat Fort Lewis College, they beat the team in front of them.

Also feel great for many of the long-suffering fans on this site who have stuck with the program through much more thin than thick.

I don't have any illusions about the rest of the season. We have two wins, next week may be our best shot at getting to three.

Don't mix the political garbage into our chance to enjoy a rare win.

We cant afford a staff of closers. Back then I suspect good Assistant coaches were cheaper than they are now.

Also, this admin above RG hasnt shown an incling of being supportive of success.
You don't think it's possible for CU to fill the staff with assistants who enjoy sales and are good at it? Weird, because a good percentage of the good salespeople I've worked with were athletes. I'd think those guys would be easy to find & it would be harder to find the x & o analytical chess player types who would be on the coordinator track.

You don't think it's possible for CU to fill the staff with assistants who enjoy sales and are good at it? Weird, because a good percentage of the good salespeople I've worked with were athletes. I'd think those guys would be easy to find & it would be harder to find the x & o analytical chess player types who would be on the coordinator track.

I really think you could succeed with a Recruiting Coordinator and recruiters who don't know anything about football. Just hire some salesmen.

Why do you think we cant get the guys you speak of? All hires at CU include a pair of handcuffs. So they take a pass and find somewhere else to work.

There are lots of people on this site who I don't agree with politically and who don't agree with me politically. In the politics forum we can respectfully disagree but first and foremost this is a site based on mutual interest and support of University of Colorado athletics.

Bringing political crap into sports forums defeats the purpose of the site. Doing it in a disrespectful manner makes it that much worse.

Feel great for the players who busted their tails today and earned a convincing win. Don't care if they beat Fort Lewis College, they beat the team in front of them.

Also feel great for many of the long-suffering fans on this site who have stuck with the program through much more thin than thick.

I don't have any illusions about the rest of the season. We have two wins, next week may be our best shot at getting to three.

That's such bull****. Just about every thread has some elitist, woke, bashing some "hillbilly" school, and it gets cheered. The NPR we're better than you attitude is thick on all threads in this forum. But since it's a passive aggressive slip it's ok. Just not when you don't agree. You all went ultra snowflake when someone said "woke". This forum, and actually the group of posters here, would be the best of the best if everyone would just post about football in the football threads.

Cue the take Trump back to Russia you antivaxxer, racist.

I agree. This forum is supposed to be interesting and enjoyable. It usually is.

Politics is so uninteresting and miserable right now that I hate to see it taint one of the few escapes I have left.

That's such bull****. Just about every thread has some elitist, woke, bashing some "hillbilly" school, and it gets cheered. The NPR we're better than you attitude is thick on all threads in this forum. But since it's a passive aggressive slip it's ok. Just not when you don't agree. You all went ultra snowflake when someone said "woke". This forum, and actually the group of posters here, would be the best of the best if everyone would just post about football in the football threads.

Cue the take Trump back to Russia you antivaxxer, racist.
Go back your hillbilly school you antivaxxer, racist.

After a day of fun college football and the probable intake of various mind numbing liquids and/or solids, can’t we all just Get Along? I mean the Buffs won a football game, eh?

Life is short, Be happy. I spent 2 F’ing HOURS between 5:45 and 7:45 PM driving in SloGo GD traffic between Ft Collins & the Denver Tech Center today but then drifted into a Taoist peace at the hotel. Wu Wei. Y’all can do the same.

Back