What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Buffs @ Bruins

tenor.gif

Now they know they can win on the road, that's very big. Snag a few more road wins and hold serve at home.

What I learned tonight is that all Pac12 teams are very beatable, by this team, so therefore this team can be a tourney team if they take on Vegas like they did tonight.

What I learned tonight is that all Pac12 teams are very beatable, by this team, so therefore this team can be a tourney team if they take on Vegas like they did tonight.
Can we go 9-0 at home in conference play?

We're 1-3 on the road. Can we find a way to go 2-3 in the last 5?

If so, we're looking at a 9-3 finish to this season and a record of 22-10 (12-6) heading into the Pac-12 tourney. That's a lot to ask. But even a 20-12 (10-8) record heading into the P12T is likely to put us on the bubble and into the Dance if we can get to the tourney final.

Edit: 8-4 in OOC play, not 10-4. So need that 9-3 finish to get to 20 wins heading into the P12T.

Last edited:

If so, we're looking at a 9-3 finish to this season and a record of 22-10 (12-6) heading into the Pac-12 tourney. That's a lot to ask. But even a 20-12 (10-8) record heading into the P12T is likely to put us on the bubble and into the Dance if we can get to the tourney final.
split in Arizona and split in Washington and we are going to be in the conversation.

Really satisfying watching McKinley Wright and our freshmen stick it to the 5 star guys that litter the UCLA squad. Was not impressed with a single UCLA player outside of Welsh who was still fairly meh. You expect seniors to step up and have good games from time to time which is what I saw. Everyone else just jacked up threes and I can't help but think what Tad could accomplish with similar talent. If I were a UCLA fan, I'd be calling for Alford's head. No excuse for consistently underperforming given the talent UCLA attracts year in and year out.

Commentators alluded to it -- Tad is on a mission and it seems to have rubbed off on the players. No fear and playing with a chip on their soldier. Love it.

Really satisfying watching McKinley Wright and our freshmen stick it to the 5 star guys that litter the UCLA squad. Was not impressed with a single UCLA player outside of Welsh who was still fairly meh. You expect seniors to step up and have good games from time to time which is what I saw. Everyone else just jacked up threes and I can't help but think what Tad could accomplish with similar talent. If I were a UCLA fan, I'd be calling for Alford's head. No excuse for consistently underperforming given the talent UCLA attracts year in and year out.

Commentators alluded to it -- Tad is on a mission and it seems to have rubbed off on the players. No fear and playing with a chip on their soldier. Love it.
I agree, but that's also a UCLA team that was in 1st place in the conference. They are still damn good.

And our Buffs still ****ing took it to them! I'm not going to cheapen that by making a case that the Bruins were overrated.

With the bad losses we have (CSU, Iowa, and Oregon State) we gotta get that game in Seattle.

I can't believe we finally won in Pauley, and I really can't believe that I didn't ****ing see it because I didn't know what ****ing day it was.

Yes, you read that right. This asshole thought it was Sunday.

You know what's fun?

Watching these talking heads on PACN try to talk through and figure out how the Buffs, with no low post scorer, no McDonald's All-Americans, a ton of youth, and mediocre shooting are beating the best teams in the conference.

Tadball, bitches! You'd think they would have figured it out by now that Tad has a formula that wins games that can't be explained in conventional ways. Even I try to talk about certain efficiencies and priorities, but let's face it: Tad's a witch and there is magic involved because it doesn't really make sense.

You know what's fun?

Watching these talking heads on PACN try to talk through and figure out how the Buffs, with no low post scorer, no McDonald's All-Americans, a ton of youth, and mediocre shooting are beating the best teams in the conference.

Tadball, bitches! You'd think they would have figured it out by now that Tad has a formula that wins games that can't be explained in conventional ways. Even I try to talk about certain efficiencies and priorities, but let's face it: Tad's a witch and there is magic involved because it doesn't really make sense.
O’Neill and Mulebutt are idots.

I agree, but that's also a UCLA team that was in 1st place in the conference. They are still damn good.

And our Buffs still ****ing took it to them! I'm not going to cheapen that by making a case that the Bruins were overrated.
Oh I don't doubt that they are good. They are too talented not to be. Was just saying that if you look at their team success over the years, they have vastly underperformed under Alford. They should probably be closer to an Arizona in terms of consistency.

And I don't mean to cheapen this win at all. I think we played really, really well. In fact, one of the best games I've seen us play in years. Commentators kept commenting on the execution and I agree 100%. The way we continually broke UCLA's press and made them pay for it was a thing of beauty. Haven't seen that level of execution in a few years. Past years' teams would have folded when UCLA went on that 10-0 run. I also think a lot of that has to do with having a steady hand at point -- something we've sorely lacked since Dinwiddie. McKinley didn't have a great night stats wise but his presence goes beyond the box score. He really is a stud and plays well beyond his years. And it doesn't hurt that King and Dom have stepped up like we expect seniors to do -- something that was also lacking last year.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I didn't think we had a snowball's chance in hell to win this game. Glad to be wrong :D.

I think Shwartz has a lot of upside. It’s clear watching him that he is less used to the game at this level than the other Freshman. He seems just as athletic.

I think he’ll get a lot better as the year goes on.

I think Shwartz has a lot of upside. It’s clear watching him that he is less used to the game at this level than the other Freshman. He seems just as athletic.

I think he’ll get a lot better as the year goes on.
He's improving and showing flashes of how polished he's going to be. Going to be a very efficient scorer for CU who takes great care of the ball. I'll be surprised if he becomes more than an average defender, but I also don't think he'll hurt us by doing lazy or stupid stuff on that end. You can live with that if a guy is the big positive on offense I believe he will be.

Back