What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Buffs @ Bruins

Congrats Buffs! I fell asleep with about 5 minutes to play. It was already after midnight.

The Pac12 Network guys seemed to think UCLA would come back and beat CU because.....UCLA or Pauley or something.

Keep playing the way you are playing! Go Buffs!

You know what's fun?

Watching these talking heads on PACN try to talk through and figure out how the Buffs, with no low post scorer, no McDonald's All-Americans, a ton of youth, and mediocre shooting are beating the best teams in the conference.

Tadball, bitches! You'd think they would have figured it out by now that Tad has a formula that wins games that can't be explained in conventional ways. Even I try to talk about certain efficiencies and priorities, but let's face it: Tad's a witch and there is magic involved because it doesn't really make sense.
This morning they've covered the 2 Az games, but nothing on the Buffs yet. Had to be the game of the day. to an extent, CU is still an outsider to many P12 people

Truth is, CU doesn't match up at all with Arizona and has the same issues with UCLA. Those are the 2 teams in the Pac-12 this year that our Buffs had no business beating. Just enjoy it. This is allsome! :cool:

Hit the 3-ball: Against UofA 7-16 43.8%, Against UCLA 11-22 50%

Hit free throws: Against UofA 15-17 88.2%, Against UCLA 13-17 76.5%

Put up those kind of numbers and you have a shot to beat anyone.

"Just Enjoy It" You're damn right Nik!!!!!!

The difference this season is Wright and Brown can really defend on the perimeter. That's why UCLA's best scorer was neutralized. I love Dom, but he gets exposed on defense.

Watching Welsh, with his goofy looking mask and goofier looking shot almost single handidly bring UCLA back was driving me nuts. Probably almost as much as GK drive their fans nuts.

Watching Welsh, with his goofy looking mask and goofier looking shot almost single handidly bring UCLA back was driving me nuts. Probably almost as much as GK drive their fans nuts.
The only thing that drove me crazy with Welsh is when they were allowing him to catch with deep post position. This was a huge problem from Wes last season that killed us many games and it's killing this year's team at times. Siewert does better than Dallas on this. It's the biggest thing that Dallas needs to improve in his game.

Watching the game again this morning showed me a few key things:

First, that Dom Collier is willingly playing good basketball and leads the "2nd Team" very well, and then slides in to the 1st team in critical moments and plays like a senior should. His play has been a big difference this year over last year! He should be considered for some kind of 6th man of the year award.

Second, that Tyler Bey plays way bigger than his size, and his athleticism and length are very effective on both ends. He has a very, very bright future

Thirdly, that Zone defense is effective at certain times and for Tad to avoid it for all these years and then break down and use it this year just might get him a lifetime contract in Boulder. Coaches should never say never to any strategy that works.

Finally, that McKinley is a stud, but in really critical moments, he is a little sloppy with the ball, and specifically tries to dribble behind his back in traffic and in desperate moments he can turn the ball over. Would like to see a little more one on one coaching with him on ball security late in games. Many of those times, Collier is the better ball handler. Get's my heart beat racing when he puts the ball at risk.

Otherwise, this team is a blast to watch, and with Dallas developing, and all the other pieces, Tad has himself quote the team!

Bey-King was dope in Pauley.

Looking forward to Bey-King again in Boulder

Re-watched the game. That Zone D looking good!
Before last night, it was just a different different look to keep a team off balance while hoping the opponent didn't shoot well. But something changed. That was an active, aggressive, effective zone defense. Eyebrow raising, for sure. If this is a thing now, this team is a lot more dangerous.

Before last night, it was just a different different look to keep a team off balance while hoping the opponent didn't shoot well. But something changed. That was an active, aggressive, effective zone defense. Eyebrow raising, for sure. If this is a thing now, this team is a lot more dangerous.

I thought the announcers on the Pac-12N were pro UCLA. They did comment several times on the active, aggressive zone being played by Colorado.

I thought the announcers on the Pac-12N were pro UCLA. They did comment several times on the active, aggressive zone being played by Colorado.
Oh, they were definitely hoping and expecting UCLA would come back and win.

Great game Buffs!

Why can't I find a single highlight from this game anywhere on the Internet?

pac-12 web site has the game recap and highlights. A lot of Thomas Welsh, but still.

http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-colorado-mens-basketball-gets-first-ever-win-pauley-pavilion

Also, pending the outcome of the Utah/USC game tonight,George King should be the clear-cut Pac 12 Player of the Week, even though the Buffs only split. He led the biggest road upset of the week in the conference and played great in the USC loss too. But they'll probably give it to Trier after the cats pulled off the much-less-impressive sweep of the Oregon schools at McKale, and the fact that McKinley Wright won the award last week.

Yeah, not sure why Don MacLean was so excited about UCLA...

maclean-don-card-3.jpg

****ing Pac-12 Network....

Not sure who the former coach is on the Pac 12 Network sports review show is, but he has the Buffs at No. 4 in his weekly power rankings. Nice.

Love this team, but it would be a stretch to make the Big Dance without a potential PAC 12 Tournament Championship, which is possible! Would not mind seeing a deep NIT run, or even an NIT Championship, that would pay huge dividends for next year, where this team could be really freaking good!!!
Careful, ppl round here will roast you for saying such things . . .

Love this team, but it would be a stretch to make the Big Dance without a potential PAC 12 Tournament Championship, which is possible! Would not mind seeing a deep NIT run, or even an NIT Championship, that would pay huge dividends for next year, where this team could be really freaking good!!!

This is where I am at.

But as long as our Buffs are sitting in bubble range (#53 RPI right now), I'll keep the tourney dream alive.

We have 11 wins for the season. We are about to blow through the floor of the "worst case" scenario for the season, and have 2/3 of the conference season + the tourney left to go.

That's with one starter out for the year, and another potential/probable starter sidelined all year. We are almost playing with house money the rest of the year.

Tad may have had his worst coaching job at CU last season (I think so). He is on track to have his best year yet this year.

Conclusion: Tad is back to being a witch. Enjoy the year. We are basically in "gravy" mode from here on out, and already have the best regular season week in CU history in our back pocket.

Back