What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

Let me put it to you this way.

I have a 17 year old son. He's been arrested, he's gotten in trouble with the school multiple times. He has character issues.

If he is a good person, does everything right for the next ten years, he still has underlying character issues as far as I'm concerned.

You don't get to wash your hands of past inequities by behaving for a long time. Maybe that makes me a hard ass, IDK, but I'm gonna be this way towards anyone based on not only current but past behavior as well.
Nm

Yeah, a Big10 Championship would be EPIC!
Still need D to get out of man coverage near goal line.. Well coached teams are going to exploit this if it is not changed. Take a look at KSU's first TD... ouch. It is like a few of CU's defenders were racing the KSU QB with backs turned to him and NO communication to see who got in the end zone first. This is on Prime and Livingston, not the players!!

Last edited:
Surprised Fire GIF

Still need D to get out of man coverage near goal line.. Well coached teams are going to exploit this if it is not changed. Take a look at KSU's first TD... ouch. It is like a few of CU's defenders were racing the KSU QB with backs turned to him and NO communication to see who got in the end zone first. This is on Prime and Livingston, not the players!!
What’s interesting is Kirk Herbstreit says in EA College Football “being near the goal line allows the defense to play more man”.

In my mind: “Wait. What?”

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I'm mostly upset that Robert Livingston had his first real amateur hour moment as a DC/playcaller at the end of the game and is cost CU the game
I didn't feel qualified to bitch too much because I was very surprised that KSU went to a wide open pass offense their last 2 possessions, including a lot of empty sets. We got the big INT out of one of them, so had some success. Anyway, it was such a mixup from expectations that I didn't feel justified being too critical - especially since we were playing pass defense without Travis and couldn't afford to burn a timeout to collect ourselves. That said, we made them look like the "Greatest Show on Turf" Rams.

I didn't feel qualified to bitch too much because I was very surprised that KSU went to a wide open pass offense their last 2 possessions, including a lot of empty sets. We got the big INT out of one of them, so had some success. Anyway, it was such a mixup from expectations that I didn't feel justified being too critical - especially since we were playing pass defense without Travis and couldn't afford to burn a timeout to collect ourselves. That said, we made them look like the "Greatest Show on Turf" Rams.
It was just the last drive. You’re up 4 so they need to drive 80 yards for a TD, and you’ve got 8 in the box and playing press man with no Safety help and no Travis. The one thing you can’t do in that situation is give up an explosive TD play and that defense is the most susceptible to giving those plays up. Have to make them take 10+ plays to score.

It was just the last drive. You’re up 4 so they need to drive 80 yards for a TD, and you’ve got 8 in the box and playing press man with no Safety help and no Travis. The one thing you can’t do in that situation is give up an explosive TD play and that defense is the most susceptible to giving those plays up. Have to make them take 10+ plays to score.
They are not confident in stopping the run when playing zone, and they probably thought if KSU was going to get a TD in this drive anyway, it's better to give up a TD through the air rather than ground.

But ya, it feels strange that they are married with press man when they don't really have the personnel to run it (especially with Travis out)

They are not confident in stopping the run when playing zone, and they probably thought if KSU was going to get a TD in this drive anyway, it's better to give up a TD through the air rather than ground.

But ya, it feels strange that they are married with press man when they don't really have the personnel to run it (especially with Travis out)

I have no doubt the mentality was to make KSU win the game throwing the ball.

But there is a huge difference between forcing them to go 8-10 plays versus giving up the explosive play.

Yeah, it can be explained away but IMO it was just an inexperienced DC making a dumb decision. Had Travis been in the game, I would have understood it a little bit more as you're willing to ride or die with the best player in the country man to man on a mediocre WR. Hodge isn't that guy, though.

I'm mostly upset that Robert Livingston had his first real amateur hour moment as a DC/playcaller at the end of the game and is cost CU the game
I'm mad we went predictable cover 0, but not mad about showing the bear front and being aggressive. They had proven that we couldn't play the run straight up so if we wanted them off the field we needed to go heavy or they would have done the 8 minute drill on us. If Travis was out there I'd have been more ok with it.

I didn't think I had been coy about me feelings about him, but here goes:

He's a slightly dirty player, who's only looking for the giant hit to either get on ESPN/social media, or he doesn't even bother trying. Missed tackles, horrible angles, doesn't seem to realize he has arms with which to tackle. If he can't make a spectacle out of it, he's not going to do it.

We played better without him.

He wouldn't even be talked about in the NFL without the name on the back of his jersey.
How is there a different opinion than this.

And **** off painting me as a racist.

You realize someone can have an opinion about a person of any color without being racist, right.

That security guard who you apparently know nothing about, had surgery just days after the event, and brought charges up shortly thereafter.

It didn't go to trial until 2022. Shiloh couldn't even be bothered to show up, and that's why a default judgement of almost 12 million was made against him.

Every single investigation into the incident came to the same conclusion, with reports that Shilo had been causing issues at the school for some time.

**** off being this small brained to go to ****ing race.
Be careful

There was 3:12 left. KSU had two timeouts and the two minute warning. KSU had been running all over us - and the last thing you want is to give up a TD off of a long 10-play drive with little time left. We only had one timeout remaining.

When KSU scored, I felt a bit lucky that they scored so quickly.

There was 3:12 left. KSU had two timeouts and the two minute warning. KSU had been running all over us - and the last thing you want is to give up a TD off of a long 10-play drive with little time left. We only had one timeout remaining.

We had been moving the ball it will. Next to a stop, it was the best outcome.

My friend that was at the game said the same thing and as many times as we have been in these last second games made me wonder if that was true, but, but, but, we had hardly any WR's left, we had Shilo playing very unconfidently, and you have to prevent them from immediately lighting you up, and even though they were running decent, they never fully broke any homerun carries. I think 9 out of 10 times it is the wrong choice to not have safety help for passing and they can still come off and support the run with good vision. The wheel route was worse than the TD throw in terms of being disorganized and in the wrong call. Hodge just needed to make the play or just PI the guy

My friend that was at the game said the same thing and as many times as we have been in these last second games made me wonder if that was true, but, but, but, we had hardly any WR's left, we had Shilo playing very unconfidently, and you have to prevent them from immediately lighting you up, and even though they were running decent, they never fully broke any homerun carries. I think 9 out of 10 times it is the wrong choice to not have safety help for passing and they can still come off and support the run with good vision. The wheel route was worse than the TD throw in terms of being disorganized and in the wrong call. Hodge just needed to make the play or just PI the guy

Kind of got unlucky there. DJ was covering a crossing route in the opposite direction of the play, and Shilo ran into him when he started his pursuit of Giddens. If that doesn't happen, that play probably is limited to 10 or 15 yards.

Whatever. KSU outplayed us. But we had a chance to steal that game.

We had been moving the ball it will. Next to a stop, it was the best outcome.
I thought the same thing but hero ball that much at end of games will catch up. I'm hoping KSU game was the outlier

Kind of got unlucky there. DJ was covering a crossing route in the opposite direction of the play, and Shilo ran into him when he started his pursuit of Giddens. If that doesn't happen, that play probably is limited to 10 or 15 yards.

Whatever. KSU outplayed us. But we had a chance to steal that game.
We seemed incredibly unorganized during that Drive? I was at the game and remember like 2/3 of the defense coming on the field late and everyone was doing the Sideline Gaze to see what they were doing. The whole thing was a cluster

Back