What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

This has supposedly been the issue with Omarion Miller not seeing more playing time until this week as well. Tyler Johnson as well, although that one is a bit more speculation.

To take it a step further, these decisions are just more reasons why I think CP is here to build a program for the long term. He's actively benching more talented players who would probably perform better in the game than their alternative, in order to set the precedent in his program that it doesn't matter how talented you think you are, you will also be a student of the game or you won't see the field. If he was just trying to win and bounce out of Boulder after this year, he wouldn't be concerned with that, IMO.
Totally agree with this! I think that there was some of this that played into Offerdahl starting at the beginning of the season.

It might be the best thing about Prime is that he does not compromise talent over character.

I'm not following. Which concert post are you wondering how I reconcile w/ acceptance of visiting fans and enjoying road wins?

I'm not following.

I'm not a violent person, but the second push would seemingly justify a punch to the face.
I have only been in one fight in my life, over something silly in high school. This was the closest I’ve been since to getting in my second one. The only reason I didn’t was because I was just barely sober enough to recognize that if I punched him, we both would have been kicked out of the game. Didn’t want to get kicked out with 2.5 quarters to go.

I have only been in one fight in my life, over something silly in high school. This was the closest I’ve been since to getting in my second one. The only reason I didn’t was because I was just barely sober enough to recognize that if I punched him, we both would have been kicked out of the game. Didn’t want to get kicked out with 2.5 quarters to go.
oh, I get it. I wasn't trying to imply that "justified" = "the smart thing to do"

This has supposedly been the issue with Omarion Miller not seeing more playing time until this week as well. Tyler Johnson as well, although that one is a bit more speculation.

To take it a step further, these decisions are just more reasons why I think CP is here to build a program for the long term. He's actively benching more talented players who would probably perform better in the game than their alternative, in order to set the precedent in his program that it doesn't matter how talented you think you are, you will also be a student of the game or you won't see the field. If he was just trying to win and bounce out of Boulder after this year, he wouldn't be concerned with that, IMO.
O Miller got 30+ yards every time ball thrown in his direction. Must really suck at practice.

Explicitly define what you're basing this off of

It's pretty wild that a CU fan is saying that he has never been on the "same side" of a current player.
I didn't think I had been coy about me feelings about him, but here goes:

He's a slightly dirty player, who's only looking for the giant hit to either get on ESPN/social media, or he doesn't even bother trying. Missed tackles, horrible angles, doesn't seem to realize he has arms with which to tackle. If he can't make a spectacle out of it, he's not going to do it.

We played better without him.

He wouldn't even be talked about in the NFL without the name on the back of his jersey.

Totally agree with this! I think that there was some of this that played into Offerdahl starting at the beginning of the season.

It might be the best thing about Prime is that he does not compromise talent over character.
If Tyler Johnson isn't playing due to effort in practice/not watching film, then I understand him not playing.

Guy got his check and dipped basically, if that's the case.

I was surprised at Hayden's lack of vision last Saturday.

There was a play that had he broke off tackle, he had room, and he ran up the tackles ass instead.
I've been saying that all season. I don't know if it's a play design thing - I don't have the full picture. But in every game he's played, it seems like he's missed the open opportunity. I hope he gets that figured out.

He's a slightly dirty player, who's only looking for the giant hit to either get on ESPN/social media, or he doesn't even bother trying. Missed tackles, horrible angles, doesn't seem to realize he has arms with which to tackle. If he can't make a spectacle out of it, he's not going to do it.

He wouldn't even be talked about in the NFL without the name on the back of his jersey.
It's 100% fair to say he's a head hunter and has shown in his life he's got character issues.

He's not good.

I'd love for him to play better because he's on our team, but I wouldn't say Shilo is likeable.

Same here. And I can have that stance as well as the one where I believe he played one of the worst games by a Buff I've ever witnessed live. And I was there for every game Connor Wood was under center...
Shilo's a damn good college safety who should get a shot to play on Sundays.

In his own words, he played the worst game of his life on Saturday.

Aren't we talking about Welch?

I don’t really care about your feelings about his play. It’s more about your comment that you were never on his side and I find that to be a weird thing to say about a player on the team you root for. You seem to have the same feelings about Shedeur. And Prime for that matter.

It’s weird.

It's 100% fair to say he's a head hunter and has shown in his life he's got character issues.

He's not good.

I'd love for him to play better because he's on our team, but I wouldn't say Shilo is likeable.
Uhh what character issues? I certainly hope you’re not referring to the security guard suing him after said security guard put hands on Shilo first. Then mysteriously wasn’t injured enough to sue him until years later when Shilo had made money for himself.

I also think you and Zandi might be the only people who could watch Shilo in videos and interviews and say he’s not likable.

This is also coming from me who was banging the drum for the defense being better without Shilo because I like how Stoudmire plays the positions better, so I’m not exactly biased here.

I wonder if you would think he had character issues if he was white? Something tells me no.

Last edited:
Back