What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

Uhh what character issues? I certainly hope you’re not referring to the security guard suing him after said security guard put hands on Shilo first. Then mysteriously wasn’t injured enough to sue him until years later when Shilo had made money for himself.

I also think you and Zandi might be the only people who could watch Shilo in videos and interviews and say he’s not likable.

This is also coming from me who was banging the drum for the defense being better without Shilo because I like how Stoudmire plays the positions better, so I’m not exactly biased here.

I wonder if you would think he had character issues if he was white? Something tells me no.
🤣🤣🤣

Talk about not having a grasp in that situation at all!

Maybe get to know people who've had interactions with Shilo outside of football and tell me he's a good dude.

Uhh what character issues? I certainly hope you’re not referring to the security guard suing him after said security guard put hands on Shilo first. Then mysteriously wasn’t injured enough to sue him until years later when Shilo had made money for himself.

I also think you and Zandi might be the only people who could watch Shilo in videos and interviews and say he’s not likable.

This is also coming from me who was banging the drum for the defense being better without Shilo because I like how Stoudmire plays the positions better, so I’m not exactly biased here.

I wonder if you would think he had character issues if he was white? Something tells me no.
And **** off painting me as a racist.

You realize someone can have an opinion about a person of any color without being racist, right.

That security guard who you apparently know nothing about, had surgery just days after the event, and brought charges up shortly thereafter.

It didn't go to trial until 2022. Shiloh couldn't even be bothered to show up, and that's why a default judgement of almost 12 million was made against him.

Every single investigation into the incident came to the same conclusion, with reports that Shilo had been causing issues at the school for some time.

**** off being this small brained to go to ****ing race.

And **** off painting me as a racist.

You realize someone can have an opinion about a person of any color without being racist, right.

That security guard who you apparently know nothing about, had surgery just days after the event, and brought charges up shortly thereafter.

It didn't go to trial until 2022. Shiloh couldn't even be bothered to show up, and that's why a default judgement of almost 12 million was made against him.

Every single investigation into the incident came to the same conclusion, with reports that Shilo had been causing issues at the school for some time.

**** off being this small brained to go to ****ing race.
Lol, you ignore that the security guard put hands on Shilo first. Even if he was causing issues, that doesn't give a security officer right to put hands on a minor.

It's funny, the only people that get angry when someone infers they are racist, happen to be people that are actually racist.

@Bread You do actually know the facts of the Shilo case, right?

Cuz you don't seem to.

The security guard acted within his rights. He'd had a previous spinal fusion surgery, making that area susceptible to future injury.

He was struck in the upper chest area multiple times, and had to have further surgery on five other vertebrae...and the surgery was only a couple days after the incident.

Workman's Comp, the school board, the police, etc. all investigated and came back in favor of the security guard...but you know better right?

Deion even sided with the security guard but changed his tune after the lawsuit.

Lol, you ignore that the security guard put hands on Shilo first. Even if he was causing issues, that doesn't give a security officer right to put hands on a minor.

It's funny, the only people that get angry when someone infers they are racist, happen to be people that are actually racist.
You bringing race up right away shows you some race issues.

You just want to bury your head in the sand, play the race card, then dip out of the conversation. You're not even trying to look at the facts.

You're wrong on every fact of the case, but I'm racist for having every fact on my side...got it.

You're basically using the MAGA playbook of you're right, despite everything you say being inaccurate and provably false...in court, no less.

I hope that the way I behaved in HS isn't how people define me as an adult man.
Most people didn't cause a guy to have quintuple spinal fusion in high school...then try to file bankruptcy, so he gets out of paying damages years later 🤷.

It's POS behavior to do what he did, and it's somehow even bigger POS behavior to try to get out of any consequences.

@Bread I'd love to hear your thoughts on the case, since you apparently know more than everyone involved.

Let me guess...police and school board are all racists too? Doesn't matter that the security guard is also a black man?

And stop acting like someone trying to take your phone away is grounds for physical violence.

How does someone become an adult and have that juvenile of a take on this?

You bringing race up right away shows you some race issues.

You just want to bury your head in the sand, play the race card, then dip out of the conversation. You're not even trying to look at the facts.

You're wrong on every fact of the case, but I'm racist for having every fact on my side...got it.
Lol yeah I totally have race issues, you got me there!

Is it dipping out of the conversation if I responded after my initial post?
You're basically using the MAGA playbook of you're right, despite everything you say being inaccurate and provably false...in court, no less.
No, I'm not right. I looked up multiple sources and they state that what you are saying is true. I was wrong about the court case because the initial stories I read detailed what I stated above. So my fault there.

It doesn't change the fact that you're stating he has character problems from something that happened in high school. Have you yourself had any actual conversation time with the guy? Or have you just heard stories from people you know?

@Bread I'd love to hear your thoughts on the case, since you apparently know more than everyone involved.

Let me guess...police and school board are all racists too? Doesn't matter that the security guard is also a black man?
As I stated before, people that aren't racist are sad to have someone infer such and will typically step back and think about how they are communicating that would make someone think they might have racial biases. I have only ever seen racist people get upset at the inference.

Most people didn't cause a guy to have quintuple spinal fusion in high school...then try to file bankruptcy, so he gets out of paying damages years later 🤷.

It's POS behavior to do what he did, and it's somehow even bigger POS behavior to try to get out of any consequences.
Honestly, when I watched the video of the incident I didn't think Shilo pushed him violently. He was wrong to push him, but if it weren't for the preexisting condition you earlier described I can't imagine it would have resulted in injury.

So, I guess you could call the whole thing luck.

Honestly, when I watched the video of the incident I didn't think Shilo pushed him violently. He was wrong to push him, but if it weren't for the preexisting condition you earlier described I can't imagine it would have resulted in injury.

Or maybe Shilo is skilled at injuring people because of the thrust velocity of his pushes?

As I stated before, people that aren't racist are sad to have someone infer such and will typically step back and think about how they are communicating that would make someone think they might have racial biases. I have only ever seen racist people get upset at the inference.
I literally made a statement about someone who happened to be black, assaulting another black person.

How you can construe what I said as racist is truly mind boggling ****.

I didn't compare his situation to anyone else. There was never an inference of anything other than evidence for why Shilo isn't a "nice guy".

Your argument is a straw man because without any other evidence, you're just saying I'm racist because I don't like this one black man.

Where do you get off?

Would you feel better if I said Patrick Mahnke was an asshole every time I dealt with him and everything I've heard about him personally...because I think Patrick Mahnke is a dick too.

Show me anything I said that would indicate racial bias in what I said. To you...apparently racial bias is having a negative opinion about someone based off behavior, and it happens to be a black man in this case.

Push? If you think there was one push, you have an incomplete understanding of the incident.

And I'm mad to be called a racist because of everything I'm involved in...my family, personal and professional life.

You are race baiting. That's why I'm pissed off

I literally made a statement about someone who happened to be black, assaulting another black person.

How you can construe what I said as racist is truly mind boggling ****.

I didn't compare his situation to anyone else. There was never an inference of anything other than evidence for why Shilo isn't a "nice guy".

Your argument is a straw man because without any other evidence, you're just saying I'm racist because I don't like this one black man.

Where do you get off?

Would you feel better if I said Patrick Mahnke was an asshole every time I dealt with him and everything I've heard about him personally...because I think Patrick Mahnke is a dick too.

Show me anything I said that would indicate racial bias in what I said.
Racial bias is very often unconscious. I don't think you are racist. I truly don't. I think that you as a white man, have racial biases that you may or not be aware of that might be influencing your thoughts on the situation. I simply believe that if this story were about, say Trevor Woods, you might have thought similar things about him. But I don't believe you would have said that he has "Character issues". You don't know Shilo personally and you're basing his character off his desire to go for the big hit and an incident that happened when he was 15?

To further clarify, it doesn't make you a bad person. It's just something to think about. We are all products of the society we grow up in. This country is a racist society.

Racial bias is very often unconscious. I don't think you are racist. I truly don't. I think that you as a white man, have racial biases that you may or not be aware of that might be influencing your thoughts on the situation. I simply believe that if this story were about, say Trevor Woods, you might have thought similar things about him. But I don't believe you would have said that he has "Character issues". You don't know Shilo personally and you're basing his character off his desire to go for the big hit and an incident that happened when he was 15?

To further clarify, it doesn't make you a bad person. It's just something to think about. We are all products of the society we grow up in. This country is a racist society.
Let me put it to you this way.

I have a 17 year old son. He's been arrested, he's gotten in trouble with the school multiple times. He has character issues.

If he is a good person, does everything right for the next ten years, he still has underlying character issues as far as I'm concerned.

You don't get to wash your hands of past inequities by behaving for a long time. Maybe that makes me a hard ass, IDK, but I'm gonna be this way towards anyone based on not only current but past behavior as well.

Back