What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games this week 12/1 - 12/2

I think Washington and Oregon are the 2 best teams this year.
Logically they can. I'll let you think about that.
Any of the other undefeated teams in the country are fair game for top 2.

So Im guessing now the Nik was limiting that to just the Pac12. In which case, yeah, Oregon is not 1st.

Michigan, for example, HAS to be top 2 with all theyve gone thru distraction wise and remained undefeated.

Last edited:
Oregon cant play and lose twice with all their starters to the same team and be two of the best in the country
We'll find out if UW is as good as I think they are. Two losses means UO is out - each by 3 points to UW (road & neutral). But if this was a 12-team playoff, I don't think anyone would have reason to be surprised if Oregon ended up in the Final Four.

We'll find out if UW is as good as I think they are. Two losses means UO is out - each by 3 points to UW (road & neutral). But if this was a 12-team playoff, I don't think anyone would have reason to be surprised if Oregon ended up in the Final Four.
A 12 team playoff is a criminal money grab imho. Especially when were moving to a P2 system and there are already CCGs to limit the size of the pool. The regular season means nothing the further this goes.

A 12 team playoff is a criminal money grab imho. Especially when were moving to a P2 system and there are already CCGs to limit the size of the pool. The regular season means nothing the further this goes.
So, not a fan of it?

So, not a fan of it?
12 teams…. No. The regular season should matter. Winning your conference should matter. Letting a two loss Oregon team in should be bad.

If you go to 12 teams itll be all the TV ratings media darlings….because ratings. Stick with 4 teams and the games were watching tonight matter. In a 12 they wouldnt.

12 teams…. No. The regular season should matter. Winning your conference should matter. Letting a two loss Oregon team in should be bad.

If you go to 12 teams itll be all the TV ratings media darlings….because ratings. Stick with 4 teams and the games were watching tonight matter. In a 12 they wouldnt.
Only because you'd posted in another thread that you haven't been paying much attention these days, I feel I need to ask- did you know that it's a 12-team playoff starting next year?

Only because you'd posted in another thread that you haven't been paying much attention these days, I feel I need to ask- did you know that it's a 12-team playoff starting next year?
I do. I just think its a travesty. why even play CCGs if the same two teams make the playoff???

You know as well as I do why they are moving to a 12 team playoff.

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

And you‘ve been rooting for money the whole time. A two loss team crowned National Champs after beating a team they lost to whose QB is out for the playoffs? Thats what were signing up for.

If your a senior with high draft potential why even risk playing thru a 12 team playoff ahead of a draft?

I do. I just think its a travesty. why even play CCGs if the same two teams make the playoff???

And you‘ve been rooting for money the whole time. A two loss team crowned National Champs after beating a team they lost to whose QB is out for the playoffs? Thats what were signing up for.

If your a senior with high draft potential why even risk playing thru a 12 team playoff ahead of a draft?
Absolutely about money. That's why I was shocked that they did 12 instead of 16. Those 4 extra games featuring the 4 highest ranked teams would be a windfall.

I wonder if we'll see the end of conference championship games. They seem a detriment to placing as many teams as possible in the playoffs.

Absolutely about money. That's why I was shocked that they did 12 instead of 16. Those 4 extra games featuring the 4 highest ranked teams would be a windfall.

I wonder if we'll see the end of conference championship games. They seem a detriment to placing as many teams as possible in the playoffs.
Its a couple million bucks to the conferences in TV rights? And gate? Why give that up?

Iowa is getting beat at its own game. Losing the turnover battle and gave up a big play on special teams. Otherwise, this game is going exactly how they wanted.
You still think Iowa is a "good" team?

I told you they'd get worked.

I think teams might even go back to 11 game regular seasons.

They scored 0 points against ranked teams this season. Maybe on the meh side of good

I watched them a few games this year. Their defense is elite. Their offense is so, so, so bad. I feel kinda bad because this was a make or break year for their OC and their transfer QB blew out his knee, but they weren't exactly an offensive juggernaut before then. Their backup QB was as painful to watch as any of our QBs last year.

This. Actually, if you're a senior that is projected as a Top 15 first rounder, why even play beyond game 7 or 8 of your senior year? is that a mercenary mindset or just good economic sense? I don't know.

This. Actually, if you're a senior that is projected as a Top 15 first rounder, why even play beyond game 7 or 8 of your senior year? is that a mercenary mindset or just good economic sense? I don't know.
Violation of your NIL agreements, probably.

Yes, that could be.....Although I think you could just give a pro rata refund back to your funder. Devil is in the contractual details.

Last edited:

I kind of wonder if NIL might start to shut down the portal insanity. Language that says something like, if you leave within 3 years of signing this deal, you have to pay us back.

Just a loss leader.

Buy a bunch of half barrels of Miller Lite or 30 racks of Natty Light.

Sell a ton of liquor and food.
it's going to be at least four more weeks before Iowa even has a chance to score. Tennessee is pretty good -- that bar could be giving out free beer until Labor Day 2024. I'm thinking very few taverns in Iowa can afford that.

edit: nm, I clicked through to the sub-tweet and saw an additional condition was not reported by the quoted tweet that this applies only for the one game

it's going to be at least four more weeks before Iowa even has a chance to score. Tennessee is pretty good -- that bar could be giving out free beer until Labor Day 2024. I'm thinking very few taverns in Iowa can afford that.

edit: nm, I clicked through to the sub-tweet and saw an additional condition was not reported by the quoted tweet that this applies only for the one game

OT - looking at your sig - Wisconsin beat Marquette the other day. I have a nephew who went to UW-Madison and a niece who went to Marquette, but I don't know if that's a rivalry or not.

Back