What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's bball hosts #13 Tennessee (Saturday, 12/5/21,Noon MT, FS1) and Eastern Washington (Wednesday, 6:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

One other observation on offense - we never have more than one player down low in rebounding position when a shot goes up. Last year it seems like we had two or three players attacking the boards when a shot went up. Kin was one of those more often than not. I have yet to see our guards actively get in the mix if they are not already in the paint.

While I do agree that it's concerning that we don't have more people in rebounding position, asking any guard to live up to Kin's level of rebounding is unfair. I'm more concerned with the wings not going down there.

No such thing as a bad win.

Lots to fix while getting wins in the next 2 and the KU game is still gonna be brutal.

FIFY

Need to cut down the turnovers and shoot better. We had great looks from 3 but couldn't hit. Something isn't clicking. Defense was good but I don't know why we switch so much instead of fighting thru ball screens. It's creating mismatches and teams are taking advantage. I'd like to see us trap those high ball screens, at least sometimes.

Part of the problem is that Kee dies on way too many screens. The other guards aren’t a whole lot better. I think that’s why we are scheming for so much switching, the guards across the board have to be better fighting through screens.

Our section was saying this all night. He gets caught up and then doesn’t fight to get back into a good defensive position. That and the fact that the hot shooting Venters kid simply abused DaSilva tonight. Tristan looked like he was in mud trying to guard a slow white kid. Not good.

Our guards can't get off screens to save their asses. It's like they're wearing velcro, they just stick to the screener and the ball handler does whatever he wants.

There is too much attitude on this team for their production. Jabari misses a shot / turns it over, takes the next 2 plays off on defense. Lovering and his hands of stone turns the ball over, puts his head down, trudges to the other end, then either watches his player score or fouls him (or both). These guys got caught up in the "top 15 recruiting class" and early success, but have no idea how to play as a team or handle adversity.

FIFY

Our guards can't get off screens to save their asses. It's like they're wearing velcro, they just stick to the screener and the ball handler does whatever he wants.

There is too much attitude on this team for their production. Jabari misses a shot / turns it over, takes the next 2 plays off on defense. Lovering and his hands of stone turns the ball over, puts his head down, trudges to the other end, then either watches his player score or fouls him (or both). These guys got caught up in the "top 15 recruiting class" and early success, but have no idea how to play as a team or handle adversity.
They’ve won 4 games by 4 points or less and both of their OT games. If that’s not handling adversity then idk what is.

I couldn’t make it up there tonight, but is the clock wrong on the PAC-12 network? Did we get a shot clock violation with only 23 seconds run off the main clock? What and how?

View attachment 48557
I still want a answer here, dammit! Could not find with a google search. There must be a rule about a 20-second shot clock if the tip goes out of bounds?? Any better researchers out there wanna give it a go?

938DC50C-0E2A-4876-851C-37A0B1CB1C53.jpeg

I still want a answer here, dammit! Could not find with a google search. There must be a rule about a 20-second shot clock if the tip goes out of bounds?? Any better researchers out there wanna give it a go?

View attachment 48603
I think E Washington knocked the opening tip out of bounds, which I think was deemed an offensive team rebound for CU. Shot clock is set to 20 after an offensive rebound. At least that's my best guess.

Meme Reaction GIF

These guys have practiced and played together for 3 months or so. Tad hasn't turned into a bad coach. Truly, WTF?

Is there 2 threads? We are playing Milwaukee and there is another game thread?

16% shooting is unbelievable

Back