What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-MEN'S bball hosts CSU (Thurs., 12/8/22 7:00 MT, ESPN2), No. Alabama (Thurs., 12/15 6:30 MT, Pac 12 Net.) and UNC (Sun.,3:00, Pac 12 Net.)

Anyone know the story with QA? I assume because he hasn’t played in a year and a half that he’s still not up to speed and/or he has still been recovering from his injury?

He'll need to improve on D to get more minutes.

KJ, just wow!

Tonight is the 'Nique we need to see more consistently. Slow first step and isn't the best creating off the dribble, but he can give defenses headaches moving without the ball, running the baseline and cutting down the lane. Maybe get him more involved in pick n rolls.

When prime came out I can’t remember the last time I’ve heard the student section so loud, dude is electric. Hope that got him extra hyped up after seeing how we’re gonna show up for him.

Has to be the best game of KJ’s CU career right? Dude was damn unstoppable in the 2nd half and looked like a man among boys for a while. Hope he stays that aggressive for the rest of the season because our offense desperately needs him to take over at times. Definitely has the makings of a good NBA player.

This team settles for way too many 3s early in the clock, tonight especially in the first 10 minutes. Tristan especially, but other guys too. Game turned when we went inside to Tristan and KJ attacked the rack in the second 10 of the first half. Then Prime came in the second half and the energy went through the roof and it was game over.

That's about what I was hoping this team would be from jump. Hopefully, they can find some consistency pretty quickly. Also hope QA has things figured out and will start getting more minutes. Hard to find that game to game consistency with so many new pieces but it has to happen. The sooner the better.

Was worried about that game in the first half (CSU was hitting 3s and we weren't), but the second half was CRAAAAZY. I don't know that we'd ever seen dunking like that in the second half. Some serious PRIME energy in the CEU tonight.

Put in some bleachers behind the basket. No reason for that much space.

- Crazy thought, but Clifford reminds me of young Scottie Pippen when he "decides" to be explosive and engaged defensively. Need his intensity to be more consistent.
- KJ was incredible! Not only making shots, but good decision making.
- Hadley is a stud and just puts in work.
- Quincy Allen might need to get his feet wet a little more.

CSU isn't very good, but they started hot. The zone at the end of the half changed things around IMO.

It's amazing how this team plays when they play with energy. Maybe it was Prime, but the team has to bring this energy every game. I think this is the hardest they've played all year. Pace was crazy, guys were gassed during timeouts. That's what it takes.

Go Buffs!!!

They should amend DS's contract. Additional $10,000 for each home BB game he attends - hopefully showing up mid-game.

Watching the last minutes of the video above, and thinking Allen looks very good, but he is rusty. In 2 minutes, 2 passes bounce off his hand, before he gets control. Just rusty.

Last edited:
When prime came out I can’t remember the last time I’ve heard the student section so loud, dude is electric. Hope that got him extra hyped up after seeing how we’re gonna show up for him.

Has to be the best game of KJ’s CU career right? Dude was damn unstoppable in the 2nd half and looked like a man among boys for a while. Hope he stays that aggressive for the rest of the season because our offense desperately needs him to take over at times. Definitely has the makings of a good NBA player.
That's the thing.

ESPN2 national broadcast
Rivalry game
Sold out crowd
Blackout
Coach Prime arrival

I knew we would win and KJ would be unstoppable.

But can he be that same guy when we play North Alabama with no external energy in the building?

Quincy looked elite with the ball in his hands. However, he looked completely lost in all other situations. I do hope we start to see more of him, but given how we know Tad emphasizes defense and rebounding it's pretty clear why he isn't getting minutes.

Back