What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-MEN'S bball hosts CSU (Thurs., 12/8/22 7:00 MT, ESPN2), No. Alabama (Thurs., 12/15 6:30 MT, Pac 12 Net.) and UNC (Sun.,3:00, Pac 12 Net.)

Looking at other arenas, perhaps CEC is a bad design. Locker room entry should be at the corners. Not directly behind the basket. Just seems you should want as many fans possible on top of the court.

Dean Smith Center

https%3A%2F%2Fkeepingitheel.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F52285226.jpeg

Rupp Arena

Rupp_Arena_February_2020.jpg

Allen Fieldhouse

46668218565_0193e93c28_b.jpg

Looking at other arenas, perhaps CEC is a bad design. Locker room entry should be at the corners. Not directly behind the basket. Just seems you should want as many fans possible on top of the court.

Dean Smith Center

https%3A%2F%2Fkeepingitheel.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F52285226.jpeg

Rupp Arena

Rupp_Arena_February_2020.jpg

Allen Fieldhouse

46668218565_0193e93c28_b.jpg
Very weird that the CEC isn’t as nice as those arenas, which I’ve never even heard of before now.

Very weird that the CEC isn’t as nice as those arenas, which I’ve never even heard of before now.
All I'm saying is put some bleachers up. Maybe that can't be done. I haven't been there in years.

Hank, honest to God I’m amazed that it has the amenities it does. And I think we should embrace it and make it as bunkerish as possible. ****, put in air raid sirens.
Yeah. I just think you put as many fans close to the floor as possible.

Tad asked last night - Why can't we have a crowd like this every night? Part is the product - but part is the marketing of the product.

My freshman year (same year as Chauncey), I could go get tickets 3-4 days before the game and have center court, first row seats. That's crazy. I feel like they can market the product better. And put fans (preferably students) behind both baskets.

Both basketball teams could have better marketing. They don't have much in the way of marketing now for either team. For the women's team, the last game the first 100 people got a coffee mug. Who cares? Coors used to be sold out for women's teams. Since Ceal retired, it hasn't come close to selling out.

I haven't been in the arenas pictured. I have been to Carver Hawkeye at Iowa several times since the mid-90's. It has changed a lot as they keep up with the times. They have 40 rows of seats and television monitors for the upper seats and on the concourse. They have elevators that aren't slow as molasses.

Their tunnel is a narrow area between two sets of seats. People line up along the edge to high 5 the players and coaches when they go on the court and when they come off. That area leads to the elevators. It is closed for 15 minutes after the game ends to get the teams to the locker rooms and to press conferences.

Around the upper level are display cases of their trophies, etc. Our trophies are hidden away in offices.

There should not be empty seats around the floor. Fill that area where they have the platforms in with rowdy students. The tunnel doesn't need to be that wide. The idea is to have butts in the seats and make the arena intimidating to other teams.

You mean an arena that was built in the 1970s and closely resembles a bomb shelter is poorly designed?

It seemed really nice when it opened and it was because we had moved from Balch to the big time. However, where the game is played hasn't been changed since then. For many years that area with the platform seats, didn't exist. It was just cement.

Yeah. I just think you put as many fans close to the floor as possible.

Tad asked last night - Why can't we have a crowd like this every night? Part is the product - but part is the marketing of the product.

My freshman year (same year as Chauncey), I could go get tickets 3-4 days before the game and have center court, first row seats. That's crazy. I feel like they can market the product better. And put fans (preferably students) behind both baskets.
We used to. Simple solution - 1) Win, 2) Marketing, 3) Don't charge $35 for crappy GA seats.

Easy.

I think the spilled beer from that first night way back in the dark ages can still be seen on the cement in the seating area.

You mean an arena that was built in the 1970s and closely resembles a bomb shelter is poorly designed?
WE could install a ton of improvements and get Homeland Security to pay for them , if we labelled the Events Center a tornado shelter!!!
Happened with a small town near Lincoln, NE. DHS built them a new B-ball arena because they called it a "tornado shelter" for the Town!

If Allen is to have any impact this season it seems like his participation the next couple of games will be key. And looking at Arizona and UCLA's recent elite performances we need some additional athleticism.

If Allen is to have any impact this season it seems like his participation the next couple of games will be key. And looking at Arizona and UCLA's recent elite performances we need some additional athleticism.
He's gonna have a lot of vacation practice time to work himself into the rotation.

Preview in front of this evening's game - https://cubuffs.com/news/2022/12/14/mens-basketball-colorado-hosts-north-alabama-thursday.aspx

"
THE SEASON: Colorado is 5-5 overall after defeating Colorado State 93-65 on Dec. 8 to begin a four-game home stand to finish off nonconference play. The Buffaloes began their Pac-12 Conference schedule, dropping consecutive games to Arizona State at home, 60-59 on Dec. 1, and at Washington, 73-63 on Dec. 4, to open 0-2 in league action for the first time in four years.

Colorado is averaging 73.5 points per game while shooting 44.0 percent from the field. The Buffaloes broke out of a four-game sub-70 point slump (60.5 ppg) with their 93-point effort against Colorado State. Colorado leads the Pac-12 in offensive rebounds at 12.5 per game and is fourth on the league charts in overall rebounding at 39.6 an outing and fifth in assists at 14.1 per game. Defensively, the Buffaloes have held their opponents to 68.4 points on 41.4 percent shooting. Colorado is tied for the Pac-12 lead in steals at 8.4 per game.

ABOUT THE LIONS: North Alabama is 6-4 overall and has won its last two. The Lions will be playing their seventh game away from home in the last eight contests. UNA averages 78.7 points while shooting 48.7 percent from the field. Defensively, the Lions allow 73.1 points while opponents shoot 45 percent.

Sophomore guard Daniel Ortiz leads North Alabama at 13.7 points per game hitting 45 percent from the field. He's even better beyond the arc, hitting 46.8 percent (29-62) a mark that ranks 21st in the nation. Junior forward Damian Forrest, a native of Fort Collins, Colo., leads the Lions in rebounding (6.7 rpg) while averaging 10.7 points on 55.4 percent from the floor. Junior guard KJ Johnson averages 10.0 points and 3.1 assists per game.

SERIES RECORDS: This will be the first meeting between Colorado and North Alabama. Colorado is 9-1 against teams that currently make up the ASUN Conference. The last meeting against an ASUN team was an 84-75 CU win over Lipscomb on Nov. 30, 2014. Colorado is North Alabama's first ever Pac-12 opponent.
"
__________________________________________________________________________________________

You were high?
2nd year of law school. If I had the night off, I'd likely blow one, but don't remember that part. I do remember, you found out real early you were the shooter, so I left the game and went over to Balch Fieldhouse, thinking I could practice. Wasn't able to. Missed.

their leading rebounder and 2nd leading scorer, is Damien Forrest from Ft Collins

"Hadley is the Buffs most consistent player", Tad.

They have a live lion for a mascot. Not here tonight.

Last edited:
Back