What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-MEN'S BBALL opens season hosting UC-Riverside (Monday, 11/7/22, 6:30 MT) & at Grambling (Fri, 6 MT) & #11 Tennessee (Sun, Noon MT)

Which is why we have a human selection committee instead of just going by NET. They won't treat it the same as if we'd played in Chicago or something.
No, but they won't give it the full credit of an away win.

All my UT buddies were at the game, I had fun.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Anyone that wants to watch, here's the full game condensed to 25 minutes (not my youtube channel)

That was really fun, thanks for the link. I was camping this weekend and had no clue about the 2 games.

1 note -- reading this thread I thought there was a lot of homerism, anti-ref sentiments. Holy crap. The first half was highlights of TN shooting 3's or TN shooting free throws.

The Buffs couldn't breathe on anything in white and orange without a whistle.

That's a hell of a win-but what a weird 48 hours for this team. This is probably what they are.

Still feel like 20 wins and an NIT bid at a minimum is likely. Especially with a road win over a program like Tennessee. They are as good or better than anybody in our league.

Myrtle Beach is going to be interesting-Hopefully we get to play both A&M and Boise.

Last edited:
Tad used 10 players in the game and none played fewer than 12 minutes (Ruffin) or more than 29 (Simpson). This is a testament to the depth of this squad.

How about this statistic, points in the paint - CU 34, Tenn 10. This combined with the Buffs winning on battle of the boards and you can see why CU took command of the game in the second half. Of course it helped a lot that they cut down on both turnovers and fouls.

Just about everyone that played made an important contribution.

Tad used 10 players in the game and none played fewer than 12 minutes (Ruffin) or more than 29 (Simpson). This is a testament to the depth of this squad.

How about this statistic, points in the paint - CU 34, Tenn 10. This combined with the Buffs winning on battle of the boards and you can see why CU took command of the game in the second half. Of course it helped a lot that they cut down on both turnovers and fouls.

Just about everyone that played made an important contribution.
I thought CU outhustled Tennessee. That's what pissed me off about the Grambling game-We let them outwork us.

I was wondering why no reporters, including MJ on KOA, have mentioned Allen's absence at all. If he's a head case, that should be obvious at practice. He doesn't dress for G and not a word from anyone. It's a CONSPIRACY. lol..

and this, this morning:

"After missing the game at Grambling State due to undisclosed reasons, redshirt freshman Quincy Allen was dressed and on the CU bench on Sunday"

very odd

KJ is putting himself in the leadership role. And looking good

Last edited:
I was wondering why no reporters, including MJ on KOA, have mentioned Allen's absence at all. If he's a head case, that should be obvious at practice. He doesn't dress for G and not a word from anyone. It's a CONSPIRACY. lol..

and this, this morning:

"After missing the game at Grambling State due to undisclosed reasons, redshirt freshman Quincy Allen was dressed and on the CU bench on Sunday"

very odd

So he met the team in Nashville? Because that dude wasn't in Louisiana on Friday night. Or if he was, they made him stay in the hotel the whole time.

and this, this morning:

very odd

Tad has a lot of play with the media that covers CU sports. Obviously, it's not something he wants to talk about, and they're not pushing yet.

It was interesting listening to Rick Barnes postgame. He respects the heck out of Tad. Even made a comment something to the effect "He never should have been put in that situation at Grambling" IE meaning a conference making their teams go on the road early in the year to a non-power conference game. The PAC was 2-2 in the SWAC conference games. While most conferences try to set up their conference for success with early high profile games, conference match up IE Big 10 ACC Challenge, the PAC continually does the opposite. Huge blunder for a conference already facing an uphill battle with lack of media rights and late games that east coast media doesn't stay up for.

It was interesting listening to Rick Barnes postgame. He respects the heck out of Tad. Even made a comment something to the effect "He never should have been put in that situation at Grambling" IE meaning a conference making their teams go on the road early in the year to a non-power conference game. The PAC was 2-2 in the SWAC conference games. While most conferences try to set up their conference for success with early high profile games, conference match up IE Big 10 ACC Challenge, the PAC continually does the opposite. Huge blunder for a conference already facing an uphill battle with lack of media rights and late games that east coast media doesn't stay up for.
Posted above re: Tad's subtle anger in his UC-Riverside postgame when asked about the schedule. Sounds like this must've have been a big part of that displeasure. Makes better sense now.

Alcorn State beat Wichita State in Kansas, so hopefully the SWAC will be decent enough to make our loss less bad.

This is what I don't understand about people. Tad has been here for 13 years now and folks still lose faith at a drop of a hat. Like jump off a bridge level loss of faith. Baffling.
You're right, I wasn't jump off a bridge despondent, just in a "is our upside NIT this year?" state of mind.

Anyone that wants to watch, here's the full game condensed to 25 minutes (not my youtube channel)

It's weird people are botching about this. Tennessee is a great team that many think have FF potential. The announcers are going to talk about them 🤷. I didn't find it egregious or homerish... Also odd, I felt the officiating was fine today but sucked at Grambling.

I just watched both the highlights only and the shortened replay, and if anything, I'm more angry about the refs and the homer call than I was during the game.

Ethan Wright gets absolutely hammered on his break away layup - no call. KJ gets grabbed by the arm and spun around at mid-court when TN starts fouling (no play whatsoever on the ball) - common foul. KJs 3 at the end of the half was at least as much of a foul as their first 3, no call.

Back