What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-MEN'S BBALL opens season hosting UC-Riverside (Monday, 11/7/22, 6:30 MT) & at Grambling (Fri, 6 MT) & #11 Tennessee (Sun, Noon MT)

It's about being diplomatic. If a player doesn't fit your system exactly, why did you recruit him? Why not play him despite his faults? Especially in a game you have in hand. This bone headed devotion to making a "system" work properly is insane, and if you lose a top-50 player to the portal you will sabotage all future recruiting efforts.
Dude you need to stop. I seriously doubt he's not playing him because he doesn't fit the system. You are just making things up now, it's weird.

It's about being diplomatic. If a player doesn't fit your system exactly, why did you recruit him? Why not play him despite his faults? Especially in a game you have in hand. This bone headed devotion to making a "system" work properly is insane, and if you lose a top-50 player to the portal you will sabotage all future recruiting efforts.
This just isn't true. Every single guy that plays D1 was a star in high school. Then you have to do what's asked of you to get on the floor once you get to college because everyone else is good too.

Like I've said. Quincy is the best athlete, maybe the best scorer on the team. Maybe there's an issue with his defensive rotations, communication, playing within the offense, etc. Maybe he's simply not putting in the work.

I was initially with you a bit on this, but you're off the rails on this now.

Dude. You’re a bonehead. Nobody said he doesnt fit the system. Do you think playing D1 hoops at a P5 level is easy?

Dude. You’re a bonehead. Nobody said he doesnt fit the system. Do you think playing D1 hoops at a P5 level is easy?

I'm boneheaded? I think the boneheaded move would be to not play your top-50 recruit in a blowout to bring him along and get his mistakes on film so you can work with him and develop him as a player. The boneheaded move is to not play him at all and see him go to the transfer portal and thrive somewhere else

I really think we need to tell Tad how to handle his players. He is obviously completely unfair with his players and doesn't have a clue how to handle a roster. No way he can top the superior knowledge of the interwebs.

No individual to match Sabatino but this may be our best "hair" roster since Tad has been here, got some serious hairstyles out there

When he transfers and is putting up 25+ points a game somewhere I will save this post.
John Oliver Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

When he transfers and is putting up 25+ points a game somewhere I will save this post.
Dude...just because he can score doesn't mean he's a winning player yet. If he doesn't play defense or makes his teammates worse by freelancing, then he shouldn't be out there.

Dude...just because he can score doesn't mean he's a winning player yet. If he doesn't play defense or makes his teammates worse by freelancing, then he shouldn't be out there.

So you dont play him when you are winning a game by a huge margin? Doesn't it make much more sense to find the issues on film and work with him instead of stubbornly keeping him out?

Pretty sure Tad has earned the benefit of the doubt on people playing. You may question minute allocation at times but you can’t say that he hasn’t put the guys most prepared to succeed on the court.

Also, anyone who doesn’t like Hadley might want to mute me now.

Excited for the Tennessee game and how we stack up. I didn't expect this team to be playing this way even against UC Riverside.

So you dont play him when you are winning a game by a huge margin? Doesn't it make much more sense to find the issues on film and work with him instead of stubbornly keeping him out?
Quit making assumptions about why he's not playing. Maybe it's not about ability. Maybe it's attitude. Maybe it's breaking team rules. Maybe it's not something you'd see on tape.

Chill the **** out or take it to another thread.

Back