What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's Bball scheduled to visit #6 Arizona (Thurs., 1/13/21, 9:00 PM MT, FS1) and ASU (Sat., 8:00 PM MT, ESPN2)

I know Tad always subs this way, but have to question taking Walker out after his best start to any game this year.
This may be the worst shooting team I've ever watched. These are not shooters getting bad bounces, if you told me the problem was they were shooting with their eyes closed I might believe it.

I know Tad always subs this way, but have to question taking Walker out after his best start to any game this year.
This may be the worst shooting team I've ever watched. These are not shooters getting bad bounces, if you told me the problem was they were shooting with their eyes closed I might believe it.
Walker has been missing open looks from 3.

Is he so hot he shouldn't sit, or is he one of those trash shooters you're talking about? Make up your mind.

Walker has been missing open looks from 3.

Is he so hot he shouldn't sit, or is he one of those trash shooters you're talking about? Make up your mind.
He had 9 points and 1 missed shot before they took him out. But he has also not been a good shooter this year. Was dominating inside.

battey and Bari with 2 fouls and we went into half with a lead. can't hate it. ASU seems to really want this one though.

Lawson did a lot of great things that half. He's struggling to score, but defended, rebounded and passed well. You guys are too hard on him. The thing I love is that he's got a ton of fight in him. Never hangs his head when things don't go his way, but starts playing pissed. He's a winner.

Practice free throws LL. You could have 4 points. Everyone practice free throws. A-team seems to be hot. Hopefully still hot to start the second half. Would hate to lose to Hurley and this terrible college.

Da Silva is good for two horrible TOs per game seems like. 3 point shooting is why we have a lead. Seems shaky.

Lawson did a lot of great things that half. He's struggling to score, but defended, rebounded and passed well. You guys are too hard on him. The thing I love is that he's got a ton of fight in him. Never hangs his head when things don't go his way, but starts playing pissed. He's a winner.
I think in time he is going to be a dominant player for us. You don't get guys as tall as he is who have the athletic ability he has and the willingness to do the work to make it better. And while he isn't physical right now he's not like a Ben Mills. He isn't far from being able to stand up physically at this level.

Just have to remember that he played his HS ball in Wyoming and his AAU ball in Utah. In HS he rarely had to deal with somebody over 6'3" and in AAU he faced some bigger guys (6'8"- 6'10") Utah isn't a hotbed of power 6 big men. Lawson is facing guys right now every minute he is on the court who are better than anything he faced in high school outside of a few rare instances.

He needs to adapt to the level of competition while making the same adjustments that all freshmen do with the speed and physicality of the game and the higher mental level of the game.

He'll get there, give him time.

I think in time he is going to be a dominant player for us. You don't get guys as tall as he is who have the athletic ability he has and the willingness to do the work to make it better. And while he isn't physical right now he's not like a Ben Mills. He isn't far from being able to stand up physically at this level.

Just have to remember that he played his HS ball in Wyoming and his AAU ball in Utah. In HS he rarely had to deal with somebody over 6'3" and in AAU he faced some bigger guys (6'8"- 6'10") Utah isn't a hotbed of power 6 big men. Lawson is facing guys right now every minute he is on the court who are better than anything he faced in high school outside of a few rare instances.

He needs to adapt to the level of competition while making the same adjustments that all freshmen do with the speed and physicality of the game and the higher mental level of the game.

He'll get there, give him time.
Plus, I think people saw "4* Big" and expectations got skewed. He wasn't a scorer in HS. Always was a developmental guy on offense. He'll get there.

Back