What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's Bball scheduled to visit #6 Arizona (Thurs., 1/13/21, 9:00 PM MT, FS1) and ASU (Sat., 8:00 PM MT, ESPN2)

Missed the end of the game. But I thought something was up cause we were up 20 within 2 minutes and no subs came on.

ASU is a very bad team. Important road win.

Missed the end of the game. But I thought something was up cause we were up 20 within 2 minutes and no subs came on.

Typical Hurley squad. Elite athletes, but a bad team as long as you don't let them get into your head & out of your game.

At least Tad waved buh bye. Hurley will blame the officials.
LOL Hurley gonna Hurley. Anytime you beat somebody by 18 on the road.....that's awesome.

Big picture: Needed a split minimum on this trip and we got it. Next week's big-none of MBB's wins are that impressive. Three chances to get big time wins at CUEC with USC, UCLA, and Arizona still coming up here. Get a couple of them and we'll be set for March.

Reactions: DBT
Tad noted after the game, that many fans don't see it, but LL is doing some good work. Seems like some 'fans' don't want to see it - they've made up their minds.

Baylor losing 2 at home is wonderful.

The 6th game this year, we have held the opponent under 60 points.

There are likely coaches who implement/change defensive schemes better, but in terms of teaching individual defense, playing your man, no one is better than Tad

Tad noted after the game, that many fans don't see it, but LL is doing some good work. Seems like some 'fans' don't want to see it - they've made up their minds.

Baylor losing 2 at home is wonderful.
I want to see it...but offensively he's got some work to do (Yikes)

Hope they extend Hurley, dude sucks. I am still bullish on Lovering long term. He should be much better next season after adding strength and pounds. I am a bit surprised a 7 ft. kid gets his shot blocked so easily.

Lovering was bound to have a pretty steep learning curve. That should come as a surprise to nobody. We aren’t depending on him to win games, so he’s in a good spot to learn and grow.

Doesn’t take much to get your number retired at ASU.
Diogu was freshman of the year then conference player of the year as a junior and 3 time all Pac-10 in 3 seasons, averaged over 20 ppg in his career. Dude was special.

I can't imagine any player not getting their number retired if they were all conference every year and won freshman of the year and player of their year in a 3 year career.

LL does do some good things. But some of the rougher parts of his game may take multiple seasons to improve and that's setting aside strength and weight gains. He shoots 44% from the stripe. All the tough garbage under the hoop means a lot less when you shoot that percentage. I'm not sure what a reasonable goal from there would be. He seems like a willing passer, and I think he could be an effective one if he developed a face up game out to 16-17 feet and had to be guarded more closely. I can't imagine that would show up until he's a junior or, more likely, a senior.

We were spoiled by Josh Scott. Most freshman bigs don’t put up numbers unless they’re 5* no brainers.
Luka Garza, a more heralded recruit on the national circuit, was a single digit scorer and JAG starter until his junior year.
I'm not saying Lovering is going to have a college career like Garza, just that it taking 3 years to develop a big is normal when they're not in that rarified air of being NBA-ready at 18 years old. Garza's a recent example everyone here should be familiar with.

We were spoiled by Josh Scott. Most freshman bigs don’t put up numbers unless they’re 5* no brainers.

Very good point. Scott had the athleticism to hang as a freshman despite being a beanpole like LL is.

They are bad. I kept wondering when the hell we were gonna take over, finally happened. Oh well, a win is a win. That was an important one.

They are bad. I kept wondering when the hell we were gonna take over, finally happened. Oh well, a win is a win. That was an important one.
Exactly. Very important win because it gives this group some momentum into what could be a season defining week with USC/UCLA both coming here.

Back