What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- (RV) Men's bball scheduled to host #18/19 USC (Thurs., 2/25, 7:00 MT, ESPN2) and (RV) UCLA (Sat., 8:00 MT, ESPN2)

Curious who you like as a color commentator.

My top 2 are Fran & Raftery. Fran's my fav to geek out with, but Raftery is the best mix of fun, energy & insight.
Raftery used to come grab beers with the students after games in DC. Love that guy.

Raftery used to come grab beers with the students after games in DC. Love that guy.
I like Raftery but we all agree that he has been senile for 20+ year... "In the lane for the deuce"..."oh, and the soft kiss"...

the best one is-- "that team is playing zone, utilizing tough man to man principals"... Can someone explain exactly what that is?

It's Senior Night and these guys need to go out flying high. They likely realize that our game will be 1 of the few on at that hour, and will get a ton of true BB fans. Tad comments on our relative lack of toughness, which we have to overcome tonight:

Did anyone hear Tad's comments before the usc game? Sounded to me like he expects at least 1 senior will be coming back. I see that as Horne, who can be distinguished as the only grad-student. I'd love to see Schwartz back too. One more year and he'd be a star - imo. But, I think Tad's gonna want the "flow" to continue: bring in the freshman and not recycle the older guys.

On the play by play side can we all just agree that Gus Johnson should call every sport game ever. Football, basketball, baseball, underwater basket weaving I don’t care. I do like Dan Schulman though.
No. I can't stand that guy.

This.

Anyone who doesn't say ASU wasn't at the Bachynski game. Period. That happened in my corner of the arena and I still feel my jaw clench when I think about it. That's easily the closest I've ever been to getting kicked out of a game.
I'll say the ASU fans are also the biggest A holes.

cubuffs preview for tonight's game- https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/2/26/...-match-bruins-toughness-in-saturday-tilt.aspx

"
BOULDER — In their last three meetings, the Colorado Buffaloes and UCLA Bruins have played down to the wire.

Unfortunately for the Buffs, the Bruins came out on top in all three, making plays down the stretch that made the difference in the game.

CU will try to end that trend Saturday at the CU Events Center when the Buffs (18-7 overall, 12-6 Pac-12) play host to UCLA (17-5, 13-3) in an 8 p.m. game (ESPN2).

According to Buffs coach Tad Boyle, the difference in all three games hasn't been difficult to discern.

"The biggest reason is their toughness and their ability to make plays down the stretch," Boyle said. "To me that's what makes UCLA who they are since (coach) Mick Cronin has gotten there. Their toughness level has gone to an elite level and that's why they've won a lot of close games. They've been able to make plays down the stretch and they have a great toughness about them."

CU assistant coach Bill Grier did a little research this week to back up Boyle's point. Grier found that in the last three games, the Bruins have come up with more than twice as many "50-50" balls as the Buffaloes.

"The 50-50 balls — the ones that can go either way — 25 have gone to UCLA, 12 have gone to CU," Boyle said. "That tells me they're tougher, tells me they're more aggressive, they want the ball more than we want the ball — and that has to change."

After losing three of four in late January and early February, the Bruins have bounced back to win their last four, including Thursday night's 76-61 victory at Utah that moved them back atop the Pac-12 standings.

UCLA boasts a balanced attack, with four players averaging double-figure scoring. Sophomore guard Johnny Juzang leads the Bruins with a 14.0 scoring average, followed by fellow guards Jaime Jaquez (12.0 ppg) and Tyger Campell (10.9), and big man Cody Riley (10.5).

The Bruins aren't particularly flashy in any area, but are competent across the board. They are second in the Pac-12 in fewest turnovers, averaging less than 11 per game, and they are allowing just 67.4 points per game.

"They've been able to make plays down the stretch and they have a great toughness about them," Boyle said. "They present a lot of problems because they've got good players. But we have pretty good players too. We have to match their toughness, match their intensity, much like USC. We'd better guard, we'd better rebound, we'd better play with toughness."

SENIOR NIGHT: The Buffs will honor seven seniors after the game. The list includes Maddox Daniels, D'Shawn Schwartz, Alexander Strating, Dallas Walton, McKinley Wright IV, Jeriah Horne and Aidan McQuade.

BUFFS BITS: CU's 12 conference wins are the most in the Pac-12 era, surpassing the 11-7 mark of the 2011-12 team that went on to win the conference tournament title. It's the most conference wins for the Buffaloes since the 1961-62 Big Eight Conference championship team went 13-1. CU's five conference road wins are also the most since the 1961-62 Buffs, who were 6-1 on the road …

Colorado still leads the nation in free throw shooting at 83.1 percent, making 349 of 420 attempts. The Buffaloes tied their season best by hitting 14 of 15 against USC (.933) and have hit 41 of 46 over the last three (.891). Colorado has shot 80 percent or better in 17

games and at least 90 percent in five … Along with owning the Pac-12's top spot in free throw percentage, the Buffaloes top the conference in scoring defense (63.1 ppg) and scoring margin (+10.7). Colorado has held its opponents under 70 points in three straight, five of the last six and seven of the last 10 contests.

THE SERIES: This will be the 21st meeting between Colorado and UCLA, with the Bruins holding a 14-6 advantage. UCLA has won the last three, including a 65-62 decision in Los Angeles on Jan. 2. The series is tied at 4-4 in Boulder.

BROADCAST: The game will be televised by ESPN2 with David Feldman and Corey Williams. KOA 850 AM and 94.1 FM will carry the radio broadcast with Mark Johnson and Scott Wilke.
"
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Buffzone (Pat Rooney) game notes, mainly discussing the Buff's free throw shooting and Jeriah Horne's importance to the team -

Our offense looks anemic. Of course credit UCLA’s defense. But we are forcing a lot of shots.

Back