What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Women's Basketball plays Utah away (Thurs., 7:00 PM) and at home (Sunday, noon)

Hollingshed's gonna be a player! Great length & quick hands on D to go with serious range on O.

71-71 with 2 minutes left.

Got to stop missing layups, though.

Buffs back in it and down only 1 with 2 minutes left. Hollingshed flicked in a 3 late in the shot clock. Then a possession or two later, Leonard with a steal off a Ute rebound leads to a Thomas layup.

Buffs throw the ball into Leonard at the half court corner where she's doubled immediately and turns it over. Utah ball. 36 seconds left.

Hollingshed with another trey! Buffs down 1 with 15 seconds left. Foul & 1 possession to tie or win coming up.

Hollingshed with another 3! Down to one point Ute lead. They have the ball with 15 seconds left.

Hollingshed could be a big time player next season if she dedicates the offseason to the weight room and improving her handle.

As I've said, hollingshed can finish inside and hit the three. She needs to spend offseason on ball handling and driving to the rim along with the weights. She has to take care of the ball better. Four TO's is way too high.

Don't think it's a reviewable play like it is when it goes out of bounds and is a dead ball. Also, Kennedy had one foot in when she tipped it. I don't know if you need both feet back in it not.
Logically, if it only takes 1 foot to establish that you're out of bounds it should only take 1 foot to establish that you're in bounds... so that's probably not the rule. :ROFLMAO:

Gotta give Utah credit. They really wanted to stop Kennedy and they did. She was 0-7 in second half and we aren't going to win games when that happens. They also forced 5 turnovers from her. She will bounce back though as she always does. Maybe we can steal a game on the road from Cal as they aren't playing great right now.

I think it's important to mention how bad missing Bunn has been for this team. You can make an argument we have 2-3 more wins if she was in the lineup every game.

What a heartbreaking loss.

Don't think it's a reviewable play like it is when it goes out of bounds and is a dead ball. Also, Kennedy had one foot in when she tipped it. I don't know if you need both feet back in it not.
It takes both feet to reestablish in bounds, but the play was close enough that it should have warranted review. He blew the whistle when she touched it, but if she had established position it should have gone to the possession arrow.

It takes both feet to reestablish in bounds, but the play was close enough that it should have warranted review. He blew the whistle when she touched it, but if she had established position it should have gone to the possession arrow.

I'm not sure if it's reviewable or not but the review would've given Utah the ball anyway. Her second foot never got down until after she touched it. I'm still in shock that layup was missed. It was an amazing move.

Gotta give Utah credit. They really wanted to stop Kennedy and they did.
And they made an important adjustment to start the fourth quarter where they pressed CU and made them very uncomfortable, causing turnovers and unsettling the Buffs once they started to run their half court offense. Off course they had three big treys in the first three to four minutes as well to open up a gap that was hard for CU to overcome.

I know Kennedy missed a layup she normally makes with a tad over 5 seconds left, but the Buffs loss was more that than one play. It took them to long to adjust to Utah's strategies changes for the fourth quarter and they once again had too many unforced turnovers. I can think of 2 in the fourth. One where Kenedy dribbled the ball off her foot and another where Hollingshed put it on the floor and had it stolen.

This was a frustrating game to watch. You knew Utah was going to be playing hard since CU won in their arena. You also knew the Buffs would be fighting and it was likely to be a close game, which it was. The Buffs had way too many of the "little things" go wrong today. Missed bunnies, missed free throws, silly turnovers, missed defensive assignments, Mya hesitating on a possible tying 3 and opting instead for a drive where the Utah defender just took the ball from her, Kennedy missing the driving layup that she makes or gets fouled on almost all the time, etc. And I won't even start of some of the head-scratcher calls and missed calls.

And they made an important adjustment to start the fourth quarter where they pressed CU and made them very uncomfortable, causing turnovers and unsettling the Buffs once they started to run their half court offense. Off course they had three big treys in the first three to four minutes as well to open up a gap that was hard for CU to overcome.

I know Kennedy missed a layup she normally makes with a tad over 5 seconds left, but the Buffs loss was more that than one play. It took them to long to adjust to Utah's strategies changes for the fourth quarter and they once again had too many unforced turnovers. I can think of 2 in the fourth. One where Kenedy dribbled the ball off her foot and another where Hollingshed put it on the floor and had it stolen.

As I've said a few times, we don't have enough offensive firepower. If you told me that Leonard wouldn't score in the second half, I would say we would lose by 20. I'm amazed we almost won with Utah holding our best player scoreless in the second half. The two big turnovers Kennedy had were with 36 sec left down 3 at midcourt and the other one was 5 min left down 3. She tried to pass it and Utah grabbed it and hit a 3 to go up 6. Mya had a big one late as well. We wouldn't win a PAC 12 game without Leonard so I hope nobody thinks I'm blaming her or anybody else for the loss. Give credit to Utah.

No game is decided by 1 turnover or one missed shot or one missed free throw. It's an accumulation of things throughout the entire game.

Utah adjusted to CU better than CU adjusted to Utah, both between the two games and at the half.

A player hitting 3 straight 3 point shots for Utah killed us.

None of our players wanted to lose this game. None played to lose.

The loss of Bunn has hurt them a lot. It seems to be the reality that she is not available. I don't see anyone who fills in for those rebounds and points at this point.

Mya has a lot of work today but she has improved throughout the season. She needs to learn not to try to dribble the ball when the guards are open. That isn't her job. She is a good shooter and wants to play. We need her.

It takes a team to lose and a team to win. This team has had more than it's challenges off the court. I give them credit for the way they played.

Or to keep it simple: CU isn’t likely to win if KL has an off day.

Tells me that they’re getting better that she had one of her toughest outings of the year and the team still almost won. And by “team” I also mean a lot of stuff KL did to help get in position to win that isn’t going to appear in the box score in terms of pace, disrupting D, dribble penetration to break down the D, etc.

The Buffs had way too many of the "little things" go wrong today. Missed bunnies, missed free throws, silly turnovers, missed defensive assignments,
Exactly. What drives me nuts the most are the silly, unforced turnovers. They and bunch at the beginning of the game that gave Utah some easy baskets and also some in the fourth quarter.

The officiating is a variable that is out of any team's hands, but all the others they have some control over.

Too bad CU WBB couldn't pull off the weekend sweep of ****.

Those three 3's in a row were deadly. We were up about 5 when that started. Turnovers hurt too.
Free throws in both games:
CU 14 for 21
Utah 35 for 44
41 to 29 in fouls

As long as the Buffs continue to get jobbed by officials this way it’s going to be an uphill struggle. The multiple no-calls when Kennedy, Lex, Q and others attack is unbelievable. As is the number of phantom calls that we get on screens and blocks. I’m not saying this team doesn’t need to foul less but this is nuts. I hope JR and staff are sending some of these tapes in to the PAC 12.

Back