What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Happy Football Season!!! (Official Camp Thread)

That and the honesty that they really don't quite know what to make of the group at the moment. How could they with exactly one established player in the group?
Exactly. If Els would have said, "I wish the opener was this Saturday because we're ready" it would be so ridiculous that I'd want him to be fired. :ROFLMAO:

In HCMM's post-practice interview, at the end he was asked about Kyle Evans. He's getting tested by the training & medical staff today. Fingers crossed, but if everything checks out he'll be able to begin doing some work next week. Would be a big boost this season if he can work his way back to 100% and give us a set of fresh legs that last third of the season plus him getting the confidence back that he's healthy heading into spring ball & planning for the 2018 season. He's an important guy on this roster.

Also, if you haven't had a chance yet try to give a listen to Adam & Tyler's camp podcast. Lots of good stuff. One thing that they brought up a couple times was that the coaches seem to like Lee Walker a lot as a kick returner. Seems like a great use of his speed while getting him more involved this year (he's another guy who will be pretty key to a successful 2018).

For many of you, it may be easier to find it by searching "BuffStampede Podcast" on iTunes or on any of these apps: Podcasts, Stitcher, Podbean, iHeartRadio.

Also, if you haven't had a chance yet try to give a listen to Adam & Tyler's camp podcast. Lots of good stuff. One thing that they brought up a couple times was that the coaches seem to like Lee Walker a lot as a kick returner. Seems like a great use of his speed while getting him more involved this year (he's another guy who will be pretty key to a successful 2018).

For many of you, it may be easier to find it by searching "BuffStampede Podcast" on iTunes or on any of these apps: Podcasts, Stitcher, Podbean, iHeartRadio.

Good put Lee back their and leave Isiah to worry about the secondary.

Good put Lee back their and leave Isiah to worry about the secondary.

Do coaches like Lee as a KR or PR? Pretty sure Oliver is PR only.

Lee is KR. Great long speed if he gets a crease.

Oliver is the guy the coaches like as PR. Adam & Tyler talked about this. I agree with them that Blackmon should get the shot at PR. While Oliver might be a weapon there, the risk is probably not worth it and Blackmon has the quickness you like in a PR anyway (think of smaller guys like Eric Metcalf who have been amazing in that role).

Blackmon is Jay Mac with better top end speed, so pretty much the perfect punt returner and he is practicing there.

I like Oliver on punt returns. Roll the dice IMO.
yup. For me, it's a conditioning thing. If he's not getting too gassed on D to give 100% on PR, go score touchdowns and get in opposing coaches' heads. If he gets tired, you have a backup ready to go.

yup. For me, it's a conditioning thing. If he's not getting too gassed on D to give 100% on PR, go score touchdowns and get in opposing coaches' heads. If he gets tired, you have a backup ready to go.

Honestly, I would not hesitate to put him on offense if the right opportunity presents itself. Let your special players impact the game in any way they can.

Honestly, I would not hesitate to put him on offense if the right opportunity presents itself. Let your special players impact the game in any way they can.
It's funny. When it's the other team, guys like Jabrill Peppers and Adoree Jackson were exactly what you're talking about in 2016 and they scared the **** out of me when we played them. But I'm still scared to death to do that with Isaiah Oliver even though he's a better athlete than either of those freaks. So you're probably right, but I'm uncomfortable as all hell (if that makes sense).

It's funny. When it's the other team, guys like Jabrill Peppers and Adoree Jackson were exactly what you're talking about in 2016 and they scared the **** out of me when we played them. But I'm still scared to death to do that with Isaiah Oliver even though he's a better athlete than either of those freaks. So you're probably right, but I'm uncomfortable as all hell (if that makes sense).

Totally understandable, but isn't it funny how it makes so much sense when it is not your team? Oliver is a great athlete, let it ride.

He had another good return in that same game.
I thought Adoree was a great returner and overrated corner. Oliver is a great corner, but not sure he's good enough at returning to take on the risk. We have 20 WRs on roster. One should step up.

I thought Adoree was a great returner and overrated corner. Oliver is a great corner, but not sure he's good enough at returning to take on the risk. We have 20 WRs on roster. One should step up.

If you find a guy who has success, I think relying on the certainty of someone else stepping up is faulty.

Any time you can force your opposition to devote a portion of their game plan to stopping a specific player, you do it.

I hope the staff tries one or more players as PR/KR during the 1st 3 games. Good chance to see what someone else can give you.
Against crappy competition with nothing on the line, though.

PR is a high pressure job. You want a guy who can handle it and make plays. Not saying there aren't others on the team that can do that, but we have a proven commodity in Oliver. Why mess with a good thing?

Against crappy competition with nothing on the line, though.

PR is a high pressure job. You want a guy who can handle it and make plays. Not saying there aren't others on the team that can do that, but we have a proven commodity in Oliver. Why mess with a good thing?

Exactly why you do it then. They gain from the experience. If nothing else, you're developing a backup.

You don't want someone back there fielding their first punt/KO against the likes of utah, u$c, wazzu, etc.

Back