What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How the South Shakes out if...

I don't know about that. The SC team I saw on Sunday looked like they had their act together. By far the best performance I've seen by an SC team in a long time. It should be a pretty good game actually.
Agreed, but that Washington St team is bad. fUCLA is starting to click.

If USC beats UCLA and CU beats Utah, SC is likely in the top 10 and CU is top 20 (maybe top 15). Far more attractive Pac 12 Championship Game than the alternative, and the loser isn't dropping out of the top 25.
I dont see anyway sc makes it into the top 10, they may pick up 4 spots this week, that gets them to 16. I dont see them leapfrogging anyone with a win over UCLA.
I am excited to see where we land in the rankings

I dont see anyway sc makes it into the top 10, they may pick up 4 spots this week, that gets them to 16. I dont see them leapfrogging anyone with a win over UCLA.
I am excited to see where we land in the rankings
Well, SC is 16th in the new AP poll that was before they played last night. The CFP ranking will likely reflect something similar tomorrow, and if they beat UCLA this weekend and are 5-0, I think they could easily sneak into the top 10.

Well, SC is 16th in the new AP poll that was before they played last night. The CFP ranking will likely reflect something similar tomorrow, and if they beat UCLA this weekend and are 5-0, I think they could easily sneak into the top 10.
We will see, I hate sc and want nothing good for them.
Hope fUCLA stomps a mud hole in their asses!
I know that probably wont happen, but one can dream!

Jump 6 teams? Seems unlikely

I’m actually a little surprised the networks wouldn’t want a ranked Cu-usc matchup instead of ucla-usc. I know it’s a rivalry game but I would think national attention would be higher with the importance of the game.

I was actually thinking about this, but this would take an official acknowledgment by the conference that they aren't in contention for the CFP, which even though it's obvious that they aren't, I highly doubt they would. Either way, it's obvious that everyone around the country except for the Pac 12, UW, Oregon and a handful of CU fans thinks CU is getting jobbed here.

I was actually thinking about this, but this would take an official acknowledgment by the conference that they aren't in contention for the CFP, which even though it's obvious that they aren't, I highly doubt they would. Either way, it's obvious that everyone around the country except for the Pac 12, UW, Oregon and a handful of CU fans thinks CU is getting jobbed here.

Everyone?

I’m actually a little surprised the networks wouldn’t want a ranked Cu-usc matchup instead of ucla-usc. I know it’s a rivalry game but I would think national attention would be higher with the importance of the game.
My guess is that the PAC is so low on the watch list for many fans that UCLA is a better draw than Colorado. That’s where we are now. Need to take care of business and let the record start generating buzz.

My guess is that the PAC is so low on the watch list for many fans that UCLA is a better draw than Colorado. That’s where we are now. Need to take care of business and let the record start generating buzz.
Ranked matchups always bring more eyeballs but usc ucla has pulled good numbers the last couple of years.

I see Klatt whining. Mandel proposed a solution for CCG on 12/26. Russo brushed it off. I’ll keep looking.
Reddit CFB laughing at Pac 12, Klatt, Mandel, Bonagura, Wilner, the Athletic, all have mentioned the scenarios recently. More will if/when both are 5-0 after this weekend.

Unprecedented season full of fluid changes and other conferences rearranging schedules to accommodate relevant teams... except Pac 12

Adding a week to the season and pushing CCG back a week would be smart for the conference if it's feasible.

Gonna be a number of teams with 2 wins that need a 5th or 6th game to get bowl eligible. A number more that have a couple losses but could get ranked at 4-2.

Adding a week to the season and pushing CCG back a week would be smart for the conference if it's feasible.

Gonna be a number of teams with 2 wins that need a 5th or 6th game to get bowl eligible. A number more that have a couple losses but could get ranked at 4-2.
This is the right response. If necessary, kick the championship game. We've already got crazyness scheduled for championship week. Then get the december week for the championship.

This is the right response. If necessary, kick the championship game. We've already got crazyness scheduled for championship week. Then get the december week for the championship.
One of the responses to Mandel idea was that the bowl schedule might not allow that without further planning. Independence Bowl is on the 26th and Alamo is 29th, so they’d have to pre determine who is going to those two and then the winner of the CCG goes to NY6 and loser goes to Armed Forces. Doable, but unlikely

One of the responses to Mandel idea was that the bowl schedule might not allow that without further planning. Independence Bowl is on the 26th and Alamo is 29th, so they’d have to pre determine who is going to those two and then the winner of the CCG goes to NY6 and loser goes to Armed Forces. Doable, but unlikely
Who the **** cares about bowl games compared to the pac-12 championship?

It's fun and refreshing to be able to argue about different possible scenarios facing an unbeaten Buffs team in early December. However, they have to take care of business at home on Friday against the Utes, who are rapidly improving and have had the Buffs' number for several seasons...

Uhhh because it’s not an either/or. Status quo still gets the Pac 12 Championship played and all 4 bowl games without issue.
Massage the dates a bit. The earlier bowls won't be an issue and the later ones can work.

Massage the dates a bit. The earlier bowls won't be an issue and the later ones can work.
I agree. Just saying there would be more adjustments needed in order to push it back a week, including Army and SEC opponent agreeing, not to mention the bowls themselves.

I would honestly rather the Pac 12 just designate the non CCG teams that go to Indy and Alamo bowl and then loser of Pac 12 CG goes to Armed Forces and winner goes NY6.

We won't get any special treatment. With this tweet, Baghdad Bob Wilner is telling CU fans what the conference thinks of us.

It's fun and refreshing to be able to argue about different possible scenarios facing an unbeaten Buffs team in early December. However, they have to take care of business at home on Friday against the Utes, who are rapidly improving and have had the Buffs' number for several seasons...
This. I don’t like all the grousing about if we play USC or not, when I don’t know if we will win the game that’s actually on the schedule. We need to win that. I’d rather do a bowl at 5-0.

This. I don’t like all the grousing about if we play USC or not, when I don’t know if we will win the game that’s actually on the schedule. We need to win that. I’d rather do a bowl at 5-0.
**** it. I think we finish the schedule and not throw a fit. Not much to do about it. I'll be ecstatic if this team finishes 6-0 after beating Utah and a decent bowl win. We might even end up with a top 15 finish, which would set this program up for recruiting very nicely.

Just playing out a worse scenario (IMO): If we were to lose to USC in a make-up game, I'd expect to end up in a ****tier bowl game, and then it's possible we don't finished ranked whether we win the bowl game or not.

Back