What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I really hate the Denver sports media

If I tune to The Fan and the first thing I hear is Bronco/NFL related, I waste no time in changing the channel. I’m wondering if I’m typical or an outlier? Are even Bronco fans getting burned out on the constant Bronco coverage?
I am a Bronco fan and I stopped listening about a year ago. The incessant coverage of the Broncos and the NFL wore me down. That, and I could not take DMac any longer.

I am a Bronco fan and I stopped listening about a year ago. The incessant coverage of the Broncos and the NFL wore me down. That, and I could not take DMac any longer.

They're fine this time of year, and during the season. Dog days of summer..........meh that's why I pay for satellite.

I go to 760 if I want Broncos and 950 if I want more Avs/Nugs. Occasionally go to 1340 as well. Never go to the Fan. Evans and DMAC are just too awful.

If I tune to The Fan and the first thing I hear is Bronco/NFL related, I waste no time in changing the channel. I’m wondering if I’m typical or an outlier? Are even Bronco fans getting burned out on the constant Bronco coverage?

I'm a Broncos fan, and I tend to listen to the Fan for 2 or 3 minutes at a time. Then I realize I'm on the Fan and change the channel. Maybe they shouldn't still be on my presets, but I'm lazy and I've had the car a while.

Anyway, my biggest issue is that I'm more of a CU fan than a Broncos fan, and since they only **** on us, **** them. But that's the same with almost all of the stations in town.

But guys, if I don't listen to the Fan I might miss an important detail about which QB they should draft.

Yes it definitely is overkill. During the season it's not bad because you have previous and upcoming games to talk about but this time of year all I do is browse the podcasts and then listen to any of the guests I want to hear. And DMac is an idiot.

Klis is nothing more than the Bronco minister of information. I'm so old I can remember him being a legitimate sports journalist.

I have forgotten that the Denver sports media still exists...because they are not worth my time anymore in the day of ESPN+ and The Athletic.

Broncos 760 is dead. Being replaced by... Right Wing Talk Radio. But they will still have Al on in the afternoons, eventually. Weird.

I can't believe there really is a limit to Broncos mania.

Broncos 760 is dead. Being replaced by... Right Wing Talk Radio. But they will still have Al on in the afternoons, eventually. Weird.

I can't believe there really is a limit to Broncos mania.
Are you sure Al is staying on 760? Most of their programming is moving (back) to 850 KOA, and I assume Big Al will be as well

The article was confusing, but it sounds like he's going to stay on with them on the new FM dial (93.7) that gets repeat by 760.

Not the way I read it-760/93.7 is going to be right wing talk radio only. KOA is planning on moving Dave Logan and Rick Lewis to middays (probably makes it easier for Logan to coach Cherry Creek) and replacing that with Big Al and the dude he's working with.....in addition to whatever Bronco/Buff duties (Alfred said to Westword in February that was part of the reason for him going to KOA/iheart) he takes on.

Last edited:
Currently, are there any "beat reporters" covering CU athletics that this board feels are (1) credible, (2) have the level of access expected for their roles and (3) report legit concerns / criticisms and do more than just publish the "Buffs Good News Daily"?

Currently, are there any "beat reporters" covering CU athletics that this board feels are (1) credible, (2) have the level of access expected for their roles and (3) report legit concerns / criticisms and do more than just publish the "Buffs Good News Daily"?
Yes, Adam Munsterteiger, who publishes the 247 Buff site. However, his "access" isn't what it used to be, which is to be expected with the way CP runs the media.

But yes, Adam is very credible, has legitimate sources but will never abuse or lose their trust, so he can sometimes be overly careful with what he divulges, but has also shown the willingness to be critical of certain things, mostly on the field play or game management stuff.

Back