What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Investigation completed: Meyer suspended three games

In the long view, all of these college football scandals are going to drive fan support away from the game. It's just going to become too much trouble to give a crap about.

Awfully seems like both Meyer and Smith want to absolve themselves by blaming the AD here.

Okay, so to my eyes Urban Meyer just slit his own throat here.

I mean I guess it's better than trying to argue that he simply didn't know, but he just admitted 2 things:

1) He absolutely knew about the domestic violence issues between Smith and his wife.
2) He just flat out !@#$ing lied about it at Big 10 Media days.

I'm sorry, but we can all acknowledge that the sole reason he's still employed today is the size of the buyout, his 3 national titles and his record at OSU, right? The rest of it is just rank hypocrisy.

"Our core values...." don't include terminating a coach that you know beats his wife. Got it, Urban. I guess it's easy to ensure that your core values never waver when they don't amount to **** to begin with.

Whelp that's that. Compounded lies.

If you read the replies, Ohio State fans are going after McMurphy for some agenda... when Urban Meyer himself just essentially confirmed his reporting. We live in strange times.

Things like this bring out the worst in fans. And Buckeye fans didn't have that great a reputation to begin with.

If you read the replies, Ohio State fans are going after McMurphy for some agenda... when Urban Meyer himself just essentially confirmed his reporting. We live in strange times.

Smith is lying to ESPN here too. Maybe he's getting his talking points from Urban. Urban is caught in a lie and is trying to get out of it by telling another lie

in how you answer the question. the goal was to avoid lying while not saying anything definitive. he failed in that and seems to be stating that if he had prepared more, he could've responded like a politician.
Yes. He failed. Many ways, in retrospect, to answer the question.

He lied. I don’t condone it. But I see how it happened given tic-toc of McMurphey story.

Larger, in my mind, is how did Zac Smith have a job - and it was reported by Urban. The loop of potential culpability now widens.

Questions remain. The BoT group looks capable. They will get answers.

In the long view, all of these college football scandals are going to drive fan support away from the game. It's just going to become too much trouble to give a crap about.
Yeah. Penn State’s fan support really suffered due to the systematic raping of young boys by one of their assistants and the ensuing cover up.

Yes. He failed. Many ways, in retrospect, to answer the question.

He lied. I don’t condone it. But I see how it happened given tic-toc of McMurphey story.

Larger, in my mind, is how did Zac Smith have a job - and it was reported by Urban. The loop of potential culpability now widens.

Questions remain. The BoT group looks capable. They will get answers.
Can you refrain from posting in such short, abstract, and robotic sentences? TIA

Stoops is the #1 target, I've heard

I think whether they decide to keep Meyer depends on what happens with their AD-if he survives this relatively unscathed, its a top 10 job in college football, and Stoops might be a viable target for them. If he gets fired as a result of this, Stoops definitely says no, and Campbell may as well.

Seems like they would make Stoops and/or Herman so no first. But I do like Campbell a lot.

Herman has a blue-blood job already, and one where they'll give him a little patience. I also don't think OSU would want somebody connected to both Meyer and Zach Smith. He's staying in Austin, and I'd bet OSU doesn't even reach out to him.

Back