What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Investigation completed: Meyer suspended three games

Can you refrain from posting in such short, abstract, and robotic sentences? TIA
How did Zac Smith keep his job when Urban knew AND reported it to others? That makes others potentially culpable. There are many questions to be answered - now not the least of which are about Zac Smith’s physical defense against a raging wife. The Boatd Committee is in place to get answers. I trust they wlll.

How did Zac Smith keep his job when Urban knew AND reported it to others? That makes others potentially culpable. There are many questions to be answered - now not the least of which are about Zac Smith’s physical defense against a raging wife. The Boatd Committee is in place to get answers. I trust they wlll.

There may be some truth to what Zac Smith is saying but nine separate calls to the police is a pretty good indicator that this was a violent relationship. I would question the judgement of a man who stays in a relationship that brings him multiple times to the point of police intervention.

Even if there is some truth it also looks a lot like there is a lack of truth as well. This guy is/was a good friend of Urbans. I simply find it implausible that Urban didn't know that this was going on. In today's climate you simply cannot afford to keep an abuser on your staff in a position that is a public type of job. For Urban having his guy coaching was more important that what that guy did to his wife at home.

Looking less and less likely that Urban will keep his job.

There may be some truth to what Zac Smith is saying but nine separate calls to the police is a pretty good indicator that this was a violent relationship. I would question the judgement of a man who stays in a relationship that brings him multiple times to the point of police intervention.

Even if there is some truth it also looks a lot like there is a lack of truth as well. This guy is/was a good friend of Urbans. I simply find it implausible that Urban didn't know that this was going on. In today's climate you simply cannot afford to keep an abuser on your staff in a position that is a public type of job. For Urban having his guy coaching was more important that what that guy did to his wife at home.

Looking less and less likely that Urban will keep his job.
That’s the way it seems now to me as well. In addition, who else knew after Urban reported and what is their role? Investigation needs to run its course. I expect there is much more to learn.

So Zach Smith obviously lied today. Urban admittedly lied and in fact all he did was make the situation worse. So what? You told someone and then never followed up? Just figured all was well? The school never followed through? Who failed? This situation gets worse by the day lol.

If Urban had stayed at Utah by now they'd long have been favorites for the Pac 12 Championship on an annual basis. Before you say it, I'm aware they weren't Pac 12 when he was there. Irony is tasty but kinda bitter. Most of these Top 10 ladder-climbing marquee HC's are victims of their own greed and hubris.

If Urban had stayed at Utah by now they'd long have been favorites for the Pac 12 Championship on an annual basis. Before you say it, I'm aware they weren't Pac 12 when he was there. Irony is tasty but kinda bitter. Most of these Top 10 ladder-climbing marquee HC's are victims of their own greed and hubris.
I think he's probably ok with the money he has made and the national championships he has won at Florida and Ohio State. :ROFLMAO:

Are you the same guy who was blasting MWC offers earlier?

I think he's probably ok with the money he has made and the national championships he has won at Florida and Ohio State. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, no doubt about that. And the near physical/nervous breakdowns at FL and now the present careening onto the teeth of this new scandal are just part of the big time game.
Truthfully, I respect guys more like Craig Bohl and Frank Solich, who find a niche in which they can excel somewhat under the spotlight and bank about 800K/yr doing a job they love and having a lasting influence on the players that they coach/teach.

Oh, no doubt about that. And the near physical/nervous breakdowns at FL and now the present careening onto the teeth of this new scandal are just part of the big time game.
Truthfully, I respect guys more like Craig Bohl and Frank Solich, who find a niche in which they can excel somewhat under the spotlight and bank about 800K/yr doing a job they love and having a lasting influence on the players that they coach/teach.

1..2..3 Wait for it.....Yeah, I'm always looking to get more guys into the Middle Class.

Urban Meyer by golly just should have stayed at Utah where by golly things are just simpler there. Golly gee whiz.

I don't know about respecting them more. It's what I'd choose to do, though. There's a whole lot that goes with reaching for that brass ring in a high pressure profession that pretty much destroys your life outside of your career. But I don't begrudge people who choose to go for that - I just wouldn't want to be them.

Urban Meyer by golly just should have stayed at Utah where by golly things are just simpler there. Golly gee whiz.

I was thinking more along the lines of Fitzgerald at Northwestern or Ferentz at Iowa.....Staying at one place and building a program over time. Being here now. Being within yourself.

G5 vs. P5

The most recent example of the upwardly mobile glass-ceiling Peter Principle geek will be Scott Frost. Instead of staying on at UCF for the long haul in talent rich Florida, creating a legacy for himself and likely pulling the program up into the ACC, he's opted for money and nostalgia in the wastelands of Nebraska, where no great recruits want to go in numbers unless the team is in the Top 5 nationally, which is a pipe dream. I look at Tom Herman at UT the same way. No traction, bad decision.

fwiw, my initial position was that it is unfair and a can of worms we don't want as a society if an accusation is enough to put a person on administrative leave. That this would cause irreparable harm to a person's career even if he was cleared in the investigation. After talking to people on this board, reading up on things and thinking it through, I have changed my mind. Domestic violence is such a pervasive and serious problem with such difficulties inherent for the person reporting (particularly that she could piss the guy off but have nothing done to protect her in the aftermath) that I don't believe that there's any choice but to put someone on leave pending investigation if there is a complaint against the person that has a modicum of credibility. For that reason, I also changed my mind about whether DiStefano along with MacIntyre and George screwed up by not removing Tumpkin from football operations right away.
You have the luxury of hindsight. Mac didn’t. And I’m not defending him. His decision to allow Tumpkin to act as DC was a bad decision, hindsight or not.

#russia #collusion #robertmueller

The most recent example of the upwardly mobile glass-ceiling Peter Principle geek will be Scott Frost. Instead of staying on at UCF for the long haul in talent rich Florida, creating a legacy for himself and likely pulling the program up into the ACC, he's opted for money and nostalgia in the wastelands of Nebraska, where no great recruits want to go in numbers unless the team is in the Top 5 nationally, which is a pipe dream. I look at Tom Herman at UT the same way. No traction, bad decision.
I was with you until your inclusion of Tom Herman in your argument. Are you comparing the wastelands of Nebraska with Texas, and saying that Herman made a bad decision by moving from Houston to UT?

Points taken. All I am trying to imply is that the NCAA is all over the place, you never know what you’re going to get, especially if a university doesn’t hammer their own dicks.
A lot of people are saying that Buff Surveyor has hammered the hide off of his dick.

Wait. So, Urban Meyer DID know he had an abuser on his staff in 2015?! It’s just that he wanted to keep the guy employed on his staff after reporting to tOSU officials... cool

Wait. So, Urban Meyer DID know he had an abuser on his staff in 2015?! It’s just that he wanted to keep the guy employed on his staff after reporting to tOSU officials... cool
What did Meyer know and when?
What did he report and to whom?
Did those to whom Meyer reported the event report it to others? If so, who?
Who conducted the investigation and what did they find?
What actions, if any, were taken as a result of this reporting?
Who made and/or approved the decision to retain Zac Smith and under what information and conditions, if any?

It’s probably time for Gene Smith to speak sometime this weekend.

The Committee has important work ahead.

Back