What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is the massive turnover we're seeing ok? Or why Reddit CFB fans are clueless

View attachment 60709
Reddit having a normal one, calling Coach Prime a gang leader.
Coach Prime took over a Jackson State program in 2020 that hadn't had a winning season since 2013.

He went 4-3 in that shortened Covid season. 11-2 the next year. Then 12-1.

I guess we should ignore that and rehash all the arguments from 2020-2022 about why he would fail, how it wasn't sustainable, and then write off the success as something about him being a bad coach that built a roster of overwhelming talent.

Yeah. What it comes down to is that most people feel threatened by people who are market disrupters. Stack on that most people are uncomfortable with people who are brash, outspoken and supremely confident. Now take all of the above and throw race into the mix. The reaction was predictable.

"Yea I agree Deion had to flip a lot of the roster but purging 30 guys post spring is definitely not a good idea. I don’t think he has actually replaced those guys with better players and I think the team may actually be worse than they were in spring ball as a result

If Deion decided instead only to add like 10 higher ranked transfers in the spring window he would have been better off"

"Yea I agree Deion had to flip a lot of the roster but purging 30 guys post spring is definitely not a good idea. I don’t think he has actually replaced those guys with better players and I think the team may actually be worse than they were in spring ball as a result

If Deion decided instead only to add like 10 higher ranked transfers in the spring window he would have been better off"
Who are you quoting?

dear everyone that is not us:

Fox Tv Crying GIF by ScreamQueens

dear everyone that is not us:

Fox Tv Crying GIF by ScreamQueens
Honestly, my main concern is that we're not going to have as many OVs under NCAA rules as we'd like to have during the current recruiting calendar year since we've had to use so many this spring. It can be managed, but isn't ideal. Pretty much the only risk I see from this roster approach in Year 1, since the 1st recruiting class a new HC has a full year to work on is traditionally a bit of a positive outlier.

Honestly, my main concern is that we're not going to have as many OVs under NCAA rules as we'd like to have during the current recruiting calendar year since we've had to use so many this spring. It can be managed, but isn't ideal. Pretty much the only risk I see from this roster approach in Year 1, since the 1st recruiting class a new HC has a full year to work on is traditionally a bit of a positive outlier.
the approach this year is pretty straightforward, i think... obviously turn the roster as quickly as we can. then win more games than folks expect in this year 1, and recruit off of that. come back for year 2 with hopefully super lofty expectations...

our staff is chasing uga, bama, clemson, ohio state, michigan, usc, and oregon... and i love every minute of it. we have a long way to go, but with some proof on the field, i honestly think this staff can get us there.

dear everyone that isn't us:

Wah Wah Reaction GIF by CBS

Hilarious outtake from ESPN today on college QB's:

• In "Bart Star," a season nine episode of "The Simpsons," Homer is tasked with coaching the town's peewee football team. He immediately cuts 80% of his roster and installs his son as the quarterback. Interestingly, that is also the plot of this season at Colorado. We suspect Sanders will have a better season than Bart did, but sometimes life in the Pac-12 is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Hilarious outtake from ESPN today on college QB's:

• In "Bart Star," a season nine episode of "The Simpsons," Homer is tasked with coaching the town's peewee football team. He immediately cuts 80% of his roster and installs his son as the quarterback. Interestingly, that is also the plot of this season at Colorado. We suspect Sanders will have a better season than Bart did, but sometimes life in the Pac-12 is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Oh. I remember that episode.

No wonder we got our asses kicked last season.
Between Coach sled uncoaching everyone in between skipping practices all together, yoga and Pilates class with Turley, and the World Cup experience with Sanford…did the Buffs actually practice? Did the coaches actually have meetings. Were the Buffs, infact, playing intramurals in the 21 and 22 seasons?

Obviously they were practicing and lifting weights. This feels like one of those “the old staff was horrible” quotes we get every time there’s a change. But just because they were technically practicing and lifting weights doesn’t mean they were effective at it.

Obviously they were practicing and lifting weights. This feels like one of those “the old staff was horrible” quotes we get every time there’s a change. But just because they were technically practicing and lifting weights doesn’t mean they were effective at it.
“Practicing and lifting weights” pursued with the intensity of Kindergarten nap time.

Showing up and going through the routine, is different then putting in the work to get better.

we could have had a team professional body builders and it wouldnt have changed much. “Its not about the Xs and Os. Its about the Jimmys and Joes“. We couldnt recruit.

Back