What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jabari Walker Beast Mode Appreciation Thread

Not sure what advice he is being given, but his name is nowhere to be seen on any of the major mock draft websites
He's out there, typically between #43-59. It all hinges on who takes him. Otherwise, it's Chingawa Purple Sharks, baby!

Looking at the overall Combine Stats and other factors, he really should come back to school, however, can we afford him back financially? If he was smart, he would likely transfer to Kansas or another powerhouse and at least get paid NIL for another year while he refines his game.

Can we afford him? We're the only mother ****ing school who hasn't even touched our coffers!

Looking at the overall Combine Stats and other factors, he really should come back to school, however, can we afford him back financially? If he was smart, he would likely transfer to Kansas or another powerhouse and at least get paid NIL for another year while he refines his game.

You know it's not actually the schools paying out NIL money, right?

You know it's not actually the schools paying out NIL money, right?
Duh, but it is the Ecosystem around a school
Everyone is in it together
Bill Self is a snake, and his fellow snakes are his bagmen ready to pay. and they have likely been paying for years

We do not have any bagmen

"WE" means all of us, school down to fan, with influencers in between

Duh, but it is the Ecosystem around a school
Everyone is in it together
Bill Self is a snake, and his fellow snakes are his bagmen ready to pay. and they have likely been paying for years

We do not have any bagmen

"WE" means all of us, school down to fan, with influencers in between

The bagmen deliver the bags, they do not provide the money. Hell, we have plenty of bagmen, Jello is just begging to be a bagman. We need someone to fill the bags.

PS: Nobody's thanked me yet for sharing my OED subscription.

1654201675361.png

1654201751763.png

The bagmen deliver the bags, they do not provide the money. Hell, we have plenty of bagmen, Jello is just begging to be a bagman. We need someone to fill the bags.

PS: Nobody's thanked me yet for sharing my OED subscription.

View attachment 52034

View attachment 52035
CU fan's contribution isn't large enough to necessitate a bag. Jello can be a coin purse man.

Haven’t really seen or heard about NIL money in basketball. I’m sure it’s there. Sure seems like Jabari would benefit from another year

No amount of NIL money is going to get Jabari back to CU. I realize that undrafted players have the option to return to school, but Tad gave his scholarship away. Build the statue now if Tad gets him to come back as a walk on.

No amount of NIL money is going to get Jabari back to CU. I realize that undrafted players have the option to return to school, but Tad gave his scholarship away. Build the statue now if Tad gets him to come back as a walk on.
Not only does he not have a scholarship waiting if he wanted to come back but the NIL money would be from some other school, not us.

No question that some other schools would be more than happy to provide him with the scholarship and with the NIL money to make him more than happy not to return.

I don't know though if it is even a possibility. Seem to remember that Jabari signed with an agent meaning in the weird world of the NCAA that he is now ineligible to come back.

He can't play college ball anymore. There are steps that a college player has to take to both declare for the draft and remain eligible, Jabari chose a couple of weeks ago not to take those steps.

He can't play college ball anymore. There are steps that a college player has to take to both declare for the draft and remain eligible, Jabari chose a couple of weeks ago not to take those steps.
Does this mean that Jabari is quitting the game?

I thought as long as the agent was NCAA certified you could still come back? Am I misinterpreting the rule?

not-so-subtle dis on Boyle there?
Moreso saying Jabari really isn't the type of player that should be trying to create offense or do anything with the ball in his hands, but we needed him to be our guy, and he showed he's not that guy.

Boyle coaches to win college basketball games. It's his job. Bey and Roberson were not misused because they had other guys to take the load off them offensively.

Back