What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jabari Walker Beast Mode Appreciation Thread

54 for Hollinger. Are we thinking he's drafted?
I'm thinking he's 2nd round and that GS would be a logical fit. They could use a rebounding 3 & D forward who can provide some rim protection. And with Steph, Klay, Payton they seem to really like that pedigree of a guy's dad having played in the NBA.

So that's my guess. GS trades out of Rd1, then uses one of its two Rd2 picks on Jabari.

I'm thinking he's 2nd round and that GS would be a logical fit. They could use a rebounding 3 & D forward who can provide some rim protection. And with Steph, Klay, Payton they seem to really like that pedigree of a guy's dad having played in the NBA.

So that's my guess. GS trades out of Rd1, then uses one of its two Rd2 picks on Jabari.
That would be awesome, another plus is there doesn't seem to be as many international names floating around this year that seem to typically take up a bunch of the second rounds stash picks.

Tad has sent a lot of players to the NBA now. Can't hurt recruiting.
Since the draft switched to two round in '89 Colorado's had 12 players drafted.

Pre Tad From 89-2011 (22 years, 5 players drafted)
Tad Era 2011-now (11 years, 7 players drafted)

#FireTad

1656078203378.png

Honest question though: Whose the next buff drafted? Don't know if he's on this roster! Maybe Quincy? Just shows Tad's development because I'm sure somebody will.

#FireTad

View attachment 52397

Honest question though: Whose the next buff drafted? Don't know if he's on this roster! Maybe Quincy? Just shows Tad's development because I'm sure somebody will.
Lawson

#FireTad

View attachment 52397

If KJ finds his 3 point shot, he'll get drafted.

There were 3 players in the draft under 6’3 that got drafted. Kennedy Chandler, JD Davison, and Tyty Washington. All 3 were 5 star one and dones. KJ is going to have the same issue as Kin from a pro perspective. Which is great for the buffs.

Yeah. He's got quickness and acceleration at an elite level plus decent size for a PG. I see him drafted Rd2 as a backup PG, maybe moving into the top of Rd2 as an upside guy if his improvement is more than that serviceable 35% range.

#FireTad

View attachment 52397

Quincy, KJ, Clifford, Hurlburt are all guys with the right skills. If Hurlburt can hit the three, rebound, and defend.

Our boy made the correct decision. JDub is off to play for Chauncey......

Walker got extremely lucky and very, very nearly went undrafted. The fortunate outcome certainly does not mean he made the "correct" decsion.

The bizarre thing is had he not been drafted at all, a few on this board (see Goose, etc.) would still somehow say he made the correct decision. By this logic, every player should leave CU the minute they can get paid anything.

Walker got extremely lucky and very, very nearly went undrafted. The fortunate outcome certainly does not mean he made the "correct" decsion.

The bizarre thing is had he not been drafted at all, a few on this board (see Goose, etc.) would still somehow say he made the correct decision. By this logic, every player should leave CU the minute they can get paid anything.
Wow, nice of you to single out one of our members like that.

WTF? Unless a player is making a good six figures in NIL money, he should go pro as soon as a 7 figure contract is in his reach.

The crazy thing when watching the draft was how the talking heads discussed anyone over 20 (or even 20) as being long in the tooth. There's definitely a pressure to get paid as soon as you can.

You need to readjust your outlook on what makes a good decision. Jabari wasn't moving up in the draft with another year in college. Whether he got drafted or not, he made the right decision. Goose...and about 90% of the other posters on this site would say he made the right decision on leaving even if he didn't get drafted.

College is always there to fall back on.

Dumbass.

Is it possible for people to go undrafted and still get paid to play basketball?

This is a galaxy brain terrible take.

You need to readjust your outlook on what makes a good decision. Jabari wasn't moving up in the draft with another year in college. Whether he got drafted or not, he made the right decision. Goose...and about 90% of the other posters on this site would say he made the right decision on leaving even if he didn't get drafted.

College is always there to fall back on.
I support leaving to get paid. I'd also say he made a fine decision if he stayed long enough to get a degree. As long as these guys are true to themselves while taking advice from people who have their best interests at heart, who am I to say a decision was good or bad? All I can say is whether the decision is the one I would have made.

Only way I see staying is if one of your goals playing is winning a national title. I've seen people make that decision. Off the top of my head, Jay Williams comes to mind, few others. No matter who it is, it's a pretty big risk to wait.

To elaborate on my earlier post - had Jabari gone undrafted I still think he would have made the right decision. As ‘Nik pointed out - they’re talking about 20 year olds like they’re about to collect social security. In 99% of cases if you get a report back that you are probable to get drafted - GO. The dudes who stay and dramatically improve their stock are the exception and not the rule.

“Traditional big men” might be the exception to the rule now. The NBA has no real desire for them and with NIL rules, some will make more money in college than going pro (see: Timme, Drew).

And furthermore, @buffs233 is a massive dumbass. And unlike him I’m not afraid to tag someone.

To elaborate on my earlier post - had Jabari gone undrafted I still think he would have made the right decision. As ‘Nik pointed out - they’re talking about 20 year olds like they’re about to collect social security. In 99% of cases if you get a report back that you are probable to get drafted - GO. The dudes who stay and dramatically improve their stock are the exception and not the rule.

“Traditional big men” might be the exception to the rule now. The NBA has no real desire for them and with NIL rules, some will make more money in college than going pro (see: Timme, Drew).

And furthermore, @buffs233 is a massive dumbass. And unlike him I’m not afraid to tag someone.

And to clarify my 'correct decision' comment, it was more I thought it was cool he was going to play for Chauncey, and not whether he was drafted or going to the league as an UFA.

I thought he played tentatively for a bit and was not focused on at all for the offense, yet he was solid on D, hit and created his own shot and was worthy of being out there more.
Nice first game

He definitely looked better in the 2nd half.

He definitely looked better in the 2nd half.
He was the only guy stroking his shot, the others were rushing and either air balling or bricking it up.
Just felt like he was being asked to just stand around, instead of mixing up his skills.
Hopefully, each game gets more confidence

Back