What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Mora, Jr - ESPN Analyst

Seems to be an unpopular candidate... But aside from Sark this sounds like our best bet to me. Definitely take him over Fritz, Sparkles, Calhoun, Hill, BB, or Holtz that is for damn sure.

I wouldn't discount Jay Hill-he worked for Whittingham at Utah for a decade before he went to Weber.

Weber State did beat North Carolina in the NCAA tourney once. Not that I give a **** right about now.

Better than Mora, a proven flunky. But no, I'm not suggesting we go there either.

The only person from this first group of candidates who should stay in play is Chev. Other than him, start from scratch. If word of the interview leaks (like Boss Hawg's did) the candidate is out. I'd talk to Jim Mora, Jay Hill, Alex Grinch, and Morgan Scalley.

The only person from this first group of candidates who should stay in play is Chev. Other than him, start from scratch. If word of the interview leaks (like Boss Hawg's did) the candidate is out. I'd talk to Jim Mora, Jay Hill, Alex Grinch, and Morgan Scalley.

I honestly don’t know who a couple of those people are but that sounds like a good plan to me.

Him and DC are the only candidates left who have the potential to make us a great team. Mora can recruit Cal... Has connections and contacts and seems to be a good coach when his personal life is stable. DC could maybe turn out to be a poor man's Lincoln Riley.

Everyone else we've mentioned .. yuck

His biggest qualification now, having been out of coaching, is that he wants to be a Buff. How well does that work in recruiting?

At the very least, Mora would likely get us to the 7-8 win per year plateau. Probably not any higher, but I think most of us would be happy with that for a while, given where we have been the last 15 years.
I’m still not entirely thrilled with the way his UCLA teams played. However, we are in a tough spot, and he is, in my opinion, our best option at the moment.

Back