What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell and Chris Wilson fired

Ice Cube Friday GIF

Dear Buffs Fans,

This afternoon, I met with Head Football Coach Karl Dorrell and let him know that we were making a change in the leadership of our football program effective immediately. I also informed Assistant Coach and Defensive Coordinator Chris Wilson that he was being relieved of his duties as well. Mike Sanford will serve as the Interim Head Coach for the remainder of the season.

While I will keep the details of my meeting with Coach Dorrell between us, he was disappointed but professional, classy and concerned about our student-athletes, coaches and staff. He has always conducted himself with the utmost of integrity and character throughout his time in Boulder and has done a great deal of work in creating a positive culture in our program. However, our results over the past few years-including this season's 0-5 start-are simply well below our expectations. Our student-athletes, our student body, our fans and our supporters deserve a successful football program. On behalf of Colorado Athletics, I want to wish Coach Dorrell and his family all of the best in their future endeavors and I thank them for their service to the University of Colorado.

There is still a great deal of football left to be played this season and in no way are we giving up on 2022. In fact, we made this change now to try and reinvigorate our program this year and I have complete confidence in Mike that he understands his charge to keep our team together and to win football games. Our student-athletes and coaches need our fans and community more than ever, and I hope that you will join me in our unrelenting support of them throughout the season.

While we are beginning a national coaching search, I do not expect an announcement on a new coach until the conclusion of the season. We are committed to a championship football program, and we will do everything that we can to make it happen. That means making significant investments into our coaches, support staff and student-athlete support services. To achieve our goal of competing for championships, we will do our part, and we need you to do yours. We need our fans to continue to pack Folsom Field this season and beyond. We need our generous donors to step up and help us invest in the program. We need local businesses and donors to provide NIL opportunities for all of our student-athletes. And, perhaps, most importantly, we need to come together as one Buffalo family if we are truly committed to achieving greatness.

After a bye week this weekend, we host California on October 15 and I trust that you will once again be at Folsom Field giving us an incredible home field advantage. Thank you for all that you do.

Go Buffs!
Rick George

Dear Buffs Fans,

This afternoon, I met with Head Football Coach Karl Dorrell and let him know that we were making a change in the leadership of our football program effective immediately. I also informed Assistant Coach and Defensive Coordinator Chris Wilson that he was being relieved of his duties as well. Mike Sanford will serve as the Interim Head Coach for the remainder of the season.

While I will keep the details of my meeting with Coach Dorrell between us, he was disappointed but professional, classy and concerned about our student-athletes, coaches and staff. He has always conducted himself with the utmost of integrity and character throughout his time in Boulder and has done a great deal of work in creating a positive culture in our program. However, our results over the past few years-including this season's 0-5 start-are simply well below our expectations. Our student-athletes, our student body, our fans and our supporters deserve a successful football program. On behalf of Colorado Athletics, I want to wish Coach Dorrell and his family all of the best in their future endeavors and I thank them for their service to the University of Colorado.

There is still a great deal of football left to be played this season and in no way are we giving up on 2022. In fact, we made this change now to try and reinvigorate our program this year and I have complete confidence in Mike that he understands his charge to keep our team together and to win football games. Our student-athletes and coaches need our fans and community more than ever, and I hope that you will join me in our unrelenting support of them throughout the season.

While we are beginning a national coaching search, I do not expect an announcement on a new coach until the conclusion of the season. We are committed to a championship football program, and we will do everything that we can to make it happen. That means making significant investments into our coaches, support staff and student-athlete support services. To achieve our goal of competing for championships, we will do our part, and we need you to do yours. We need our fans to continue to pack Folsom Field this season and beyond. We need our generous donors to step up and help us invest in the program. We need local businesses and donors to provide NIL opportunities for all of our student-athletes. And, perhaps, most importantly, we need to come together as one Buffalo family if we are truly committed to achieving greatness.

After a bye week this weekend, we host California on October 15 and I trust that you will once again be at Folsom Field giving us an incredible home field advantage. Thank you for all that you do.

Go Buffs!
Rick George
This is a pretty good statement, but a clear “we heard you, you got what you wanted, now show the **** up and help us pay for this boob’s buyout”

Dear Buffs Fans,

Go Buffs!
Rick George
How many Jersey Mike’s wrappers do you think that this all fit on?

For as bad as I think Sanford is, I don't think he's the worst offensive coordinator in college football. I think the offense will be ever so slightly improved without Dorrell making it completely rudderless. Again, I think Sanford is horrible but he also dropped 30 on us last year. KD clearly makes offenses horrendous wherever he goes. Sanford running the show could maybe put us around 100th offensively. All this to say...

@The Alabaster Yak I think you're back in this bet!!

For as bad as I think Sanford is, I don't think he's the worst offensive coordinator in college football. I think the offense will be ever so slightly improved without Dorrell making it completely rudderless. Again, I think Sanford is horrible but he also dropped 30 on us last year. KD clearly makes offenses horrendous wherever he goes. Sanford running the show could maybe put us around 100th offensively. All this to say...

@The Alabaster Yak I think you're back in this bet!!
Call me crazy-but I think we luck into a win or two now. Cal or ASU.

Back