What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell and Chris Wilson fired

For as bad as I think Sanford is, I don't think he's the worst offensive coordinator in college football. I think the offense will be ever so slightly improved without Dorrell making it completely rudderless. Again, I think Sanford is horrible but he also dropped 30 on us last year. KD clearly makes offenses horrendous wherever he goes. Sanford running the show could maybe put us around 100th offensively. All this to say...

@The Alabaster Yak I think you're back in this bet!!
Mike Sanford is putrid. But, Tscheck already bought out. I am the winner of the bet.

Ricky boy, shove your letter, you’re as culpable as KD. We await your firing in due time as well as Phil!
Is there a chance that Saliman still encourages or forces RG out before the official hire is made? When you go and hire a coach, it is smart to have a new AD that is responsible alongside his hire to be successful, and essentially RG is also a failure

Nobody off this staff will be retained (I'm guessing) so I don't really think who the interim is is that big a deal.

I don't really care either, but Sanford just fails upwards, it's his entire career arc somehow

I wouldn't say nobody, seems one or two always stick around, usually at the behest of Rick George. Hagan will almost certainly be back

Season 3 Thank You GIF by The Office

Mike Sanford is putrid. But, Tscheck already bought out. I am the winner of the bet.
Agreed, but nowhere he has been have they been the worst offense in the country. I refuse to believe he would have the offense as bad as it is if KD wasn't holding the team back. Again, not even breaking the top 100 but definitely not dead last.

Agreed, but nowhere he has been have they been the worst offense in the country. I refuse to believe he would have the offense as bad as it is if KD wasn't holding the team back. Again, not even breaking the top 100 but definitely not dead last.
My friend, pass whatever it is you are smoking. Sanford was 100% in control of the offense before he got the interim gig. They are currently the fourth worst offense in FBS and the worst P5 offense.

My friend, pass whatever it is you are smoking. Sanford was 100% in control of the offense before he got the interim gig. They are currently the fourth worst offense in FBS and the worst P5 offense.
I don't believe they will finish that low. And before you ask, I will not pony up because I am not financially situated currently to be gambling more than I have in my measly draft kings account. :ROFLMAO:

I don't believe they will finish that low. And before you ask, I will not pony up because I am not financially situated currently to be gambling more than I have in my measly draft kings account. :ROFLMAO:
Here is reality:

1) The team is still very limited talent-wise
2) The coaching staff is still very limited talent-wise
3) The team will still be massive underdogs in their remaining games

Firing Karl Dorrell and Chris Wilson does nothing to help this season. Mike Sanford is garbage. He just happens to not be named Karl Dorrell.

The problem is the man responsible for hiring this known total turd is still in charge of hiring the next coach. I have no faith he's going to make a good hire, or negotiate a sensible contract.

He will end up giving a huge multi-year deal to a total clown...again, if allowed. His real priority is taking his grandkids to women's soccer on Sundays.

I will say this, just literally removing Duhrell increases CU's chances of a win this season by quite a bit. That's the kind of addition by subtraction I can believe in.

Expect the new President to fully seriously ride-herd on the contract negotations for the new coach. He may be the shortest college President in the country, but there is a new sheriff in town.

Last edited:
Here is reality:

1) The team is still very limited talent-wise
2) The coaching staff is still very limited talent-wise
3) The team will still be massive underdogs in their remaining games

Firing Karl Dorrell and Chris Wilson does nothing to help this season. Mike Sanford is garbage. He just happens to not be named Karl Dorrell.
I agree with all 3 of your statements. I disagree that this means they truly are the worst offense in FBS.

Back