What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell and Chris Wilson fired

I get firing Dorrell, but why bother with Wilson unless you feel an underling will do a better job? It’s not like Wilson is going to stick around with the next HC anyway. Seems odd to me.
May be that Wilson was seen as an arm of Dorrell. Keeping him would be kind of like keeping part of Dorrell around

At this point don't think keeping him would have any benefit so might as well just move on.

When do we think we’ll make a hire? Joey McGuire was hired by Texas Tech on November 8th last year and immediately began recruiting.
It’s CU so probably after the early signing day, remember this is a program that took months to promote Hagan to RB coach when he was already in the building.

After watching the press conference, I am more pissed at Rick George and Phil DeStefano than ever, even before today. They are excuse makers and think they are doing a great job. **** them. I have zero faith that the program will turn the corner until they’re both gone. Saliman needs to hold them accountable and get them out of there ASAP.

I wish Dark Brian would’ve followed up his transfer question with a list of schools like UCLA, Cal, Northwestern, and USC with much better academics that can beat our ass in the transfer portal

He asked a follow up question without the mic so it was hard to hear what it was, but Phil and RG regurgitated the same response.

I wish Dark Brian would’ve followed up his transfer question with a list of schools like UCLA, Cal, Northwestern, and USC with much better academics that can beat our ass in the transfer portal

Oh was it Brian who asked about transfer requirements? I thought it was Adam. Regardless that's a good point about these other schools you listed and how well some of them did in the transfer portal.

Those transfer limitations will probably have a pronounced impact on which coaches will be interested in the job. Orchestrating a rebuild is much easier if you can flip the roster quickly. Would have been wise to at least seem open to addressing that issue.

Youre Outta Here Get Out GIF by The Maury Show

Those transfer limitations will probably have a pronounced impact on which coaches will be interested in the job. Orchestrating a rebuild is much easier if you can flip the roster quickly. Would have been wise to at least seem open to addressing that issue.
This ^

And a proven guy who is considering accepting the job while knowing what the transfer/recruiting restrictions are is an idiot if he doesn't demand at least the same contract, in all respects, that KD had. The leverage CU has in this coaching search is completely tagged to how far it wants to go down the food chain....RG made the bed he will be sleeping in. Not an enviable situation.

FUUUUUCK. RG says he will be consulting with former Buffs on the search.
Didn't love that, but I feel like assuming one of those former Buffs is Joel Klatt seems safe. ****, I'd call Chris Fowler as well. That's fine-I want both as involved with CU as they're comfortable being.......especially in a situation like this.

Knuckleheads like Chad Brown need to stay out.

The one semi-positive takeaway I have from tonight is Sanford. Seemed like a breath of fresh air coming off of Dorrell. Liked what I heard, and definitely am looking forward to getting up there to see this group with him in charge.

Last edited:
I don’t have all the details on the transfer issues thing which for me is priority #1 to over haul this entire roster top to bottom but when we played Minny they had 2 starting OL transfers 1 from Michigan and 1 from another solid P5 (can’t remember right now) You can’t tell me those guys wouldn’t get admitted to CU.

I am not giving any free passes to coaches for not being able to get transfers in here no matter the limitation, no excuses. It can be done and must be done. We will need multiple years of double digit transfers.

My understanding is that CU won't accept credits for classes that don't have an identical curriculum as the equivalent CU course, thus artificially creating a "progress toward degree" problem. It is purely a money thing. Transfer in with 90 credits, CU can only bilk you for 30 more. But if the deny 30 of your 90, they can get you for 60 hours of tuition.

Didn't love that, but I feel like assuming one of those is Joel Klatt seems safe. That's fine-I want Joel as involved with CU as he's comfortable being.

Knuckleheads like Chad Brown need to stay out.

The one semi-positive takeaway I have from tonight is Sanford. Seemed like a breath of fresh air coming off of Dorrell. Liked what I heard, and definitely am looking forward to getting up there to see this group with him in charge.
Fowler is probably another guy that would/should be welcomed to contribute feedback.

Back