What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell - WR coach Miami Dolphins

Sinking feeling this is it, maybe it’s a two pronged approach. Chiv recruits; Dorrell coaches them up?

I don't think Dorrell will championships here, but I think he's a good enough coach to get this team to a few lower-tier bowls. Its an underwhelming move, but KD has a plan or RG doesn't do this. It's start with Chev becoming the OC again (which makes way more sense given Dorrell's background).

I don't think Dorrell will championships here, but I think he's a good enough coach to get this team to a few lower-tier bowls. Its an underwhelming move, but KD has a plan or RG doesn't do this. It's start with Chev becoming the OC again (which makes way more sense given Dorrell's background).
Chev was not a good OC.

I fully trust RG so I'll remain open minded.

UCLA football has never been great. He didn't light the world on fire but he also didn't embarrass himself with 5 straight bowls. That probably looks like great experience to RG. Who's to say that those records represent his ceiling?

Second try after a decade of reflection and maturity after the UCLA run is not a bad thing.

All the people saying done with CU, question is why would you expect some blockbuster hire? AD has no money and it is Feb 22. There are no assistant upgrades or quality recruiters just waiting for a phone call from Colorado. Anyone they had a legit shot at hiring was going to be underwhelming

I'm not giving up on the program and I wasn't expecting a blockbuster but holy **** we can definitely do better than this. That's why there's frustration especially after there were some better names available

I'm not giving up on the program and I wasn't expecting a blockbuster but holy **** we can definitely do better than this. That's why there's frustration especially after there were some better names available

Regarding the bolded...What could you possibly be basing this on? We have been bottom dwellers for years. We have 2 players on scholarship at the most important position on the team, neither of whom have any experience. We are hiring when about half the teams in the nation are already in spring drills. Just 20 days ago just about every single poster on this board regarded the person making this hire as one of the best AD's in the nation. This is just the type of guy programs like ours hire.

I think Dorrel's resume college and pros is more impressive Tuckers.
giphy.gif

I think Dorrel's resume college and pros is more impressive Tuckers.
Tucker wasn't too successful as the Bears DC. He developed as a position coach into a formidable DC. It took time.

I will give Dorrell a chance. If he can lead, delegate well and inspire the young players, things will move in a positive direction.

Ultimately, he wants to be in Boulder. The coaching hires will be very important.

It is pretty fair to worry about recruiting under Dorrell as he’s been out of college mostly for 12 years. He does have a history of getting good recuiters on staff, he poached Bieniemy and Embree from Barnett and they immediately landed Maurice Jones Drew and Mercedes Lewis.

Chev staying on staff will be a big move to be relevant in recruiting right out of the gate.

Back