What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

Also, golf on weekends is SO slow as to make “playing” beyond painful. I can just imagine being stuck in the fairway watching the foursome ahead “playing for $” lining up putts and attempting to “read” the green from every angle, just to short each putt by four feet; or blasting out of the trap over the green, then going to try to find the ball in the bushes which are OB only to blast it back over the green in the other direction; watching my life and desire to play a 6-hour round of golf on weekends ever again ebb into a dark hateful place….Aaarrgggg.

Lose my mind just thinking about it.

But sure… staying up late to watch a CU game from the comfort of your couch…. That’s the annoying part. ;)
You are absolutely right and just reminded me why I want to play in that 7:30am tee time!! Because it’s the first tee time of the day and we play in 3 to 3.5 hours and I’m home by 11am, with all of Sunday still to go. Any tee time after that first one could be a 4+ hour round.
I’m the crappiest golfer in our group. They are a 1 and 5 handicap,so not many putts are 4’ short or blasting over the green out of the sand unless it’s me lol.

You are absolutely right and just reminded me why I want to play in that 7:30am tee time!! Because it’s the first tee time of the day and we play in 3 to 3.5 hours and I’m home by 11am, with all of Sunday still to go. Any tee time after that first one could be a 4+ hour round.
I’m the crappiest golfer in our group. They are a 1 and 5 handicap, so not many putts are 4’ short or blasting over the green out of the sand unless it’s me lol.
I forget that golf in other parts of the world can be reasonably efficient on the weekends. Living in LA...you can't get up early enough on a weekend to play a reasonably paced round, unless you have an in at a private course somewhere.

Though, I went back and played Coal Creek Golf Course on a Saturday morning over the summer, and it was a not-too-bad 5 hour round. They did give us a free round since we were holding my mother's memorial there later in the day (she lived along the course and played there regularly, including the last time she played golf).

I forget that golf in other parts of the world can be reasonably efficient on the weekends. Living in LA...you can't get up early enough on a weekend to play a reasonably paced round, unless you have an in at a private course somewhere.

Though, I went back and played Coal Creek Golf Course on a Saturday morning over the summer, and it was a not-too-bad 5 hour round. They did give us a free round since we were holding my mother's memorial there later in the day (she lived along the course and played there regularly, including the last time she played golf).
In another month to month and a half it can definitely be a 5 hour+ round on Saturday or Sunday. That first tee time is prime.
I saw an article about a group buying all the public tee times at the L.A. public courses and then reselling them at a $30-$100 up charge per tee time. Sounded brutal to be able to even get a time to play.
Sorry for the loss of your mom.

My son, who will be attending his 2nd game, is well known to crash early and wherever. Here he is having made a bed of chairs at a restaurant when he was 6. The bleacher seats will provide a new challenge.

View attachment 76624
my daughter is a professional sleeper. literally, she has fallen asleep at THREE different concerts I've attended with her, none of which was she drinking at.

one was at Red Rocks, in the rain.

In another month to month and a half it can definitely be a 5 hour+ round on Saturday or Sunday. That first tee time is prime.
I saw an article about a group buying all the public tee times at the L.A. public courses and then reselling them at a $30-$100 up charge per tee time. Sounded brutal to be able to even get a time to play.
Sorry for the loss of your mom.
Thanks for the kind thoughts. It was one of those....much better now than later sorts of passings.

LA golf tee times are broadly a mess--and largely corrupt--on weekends. We only play during the week. Luckily, everyone I play with is an attorney, and we all work exclusively from home, anymore. One of the interesting societal improvements from COVID was the "discovery" that being in an office was completely unnecessary for many people. None of my attorney friends went back to an outside office (my wife works in a law firm in downtown LA and never had to go back--there was almost a riot when her firm--which is a huge multi-national firm--even toyed with the idea), which has--among other things--opened up regular weekday golfing.

There's a group of a few attorney friends who play twilight golf several days a week, in fact. We can often get in a full 18. lol.

Golf > Billable hours.

Not particularly stoked on 10:15pm eastern start time. Not many people are going to stay up until 1:30am, so not really getting the national audience 👀 on the game.
I have a 7:30am tee time Sunday mornings. Wife is out of town, so I have to get up at 5ish am to walk the dog before golf.
4 hours sleep sucks!
Who schedules this 💩?
I don’t care that you don’t care. GFY!!
Sko Buffs!
ESPN

AI isn't getting any better at ****posting
All AI did was check spelling you may have some AI on your computer too. Where’s the guy that lost the $1,000?

Oh yea, AI is used to solve the equations as well. saves calculation time. So far so good +$480. I have the secret of predictive football modeling.

The book makers computers are weakest when there is a perceived difference in the strength of the teams. Co has had 2 of those games: NDSU and UCF. Both were good winners for us. There’s gold in them there hills. The bailor game was a typical any given Saturday mirac costing us a couple hundred.

UTEP to the Mountain West.

Last edited:
my daughter is a professional sleeper. literally, she has fallen asleep at THREE different concerts I've attended with her, none of which was she drinking at.

one was at Red Rocks, in the rain.
Need to get her to a Navy recruiter. Sailors can sleep anywhere, anytime. They are remarkably resourceful when it comes to finding ways to nap.

Need to get her to a Navy recruiter. Sailors can sleep anywhere, anytime. They are remarkably resourceful when it comes to finding ways to nap.
I've literally worked as a professional sleeper. I have been paid to sleep on several jobs over the years: best one, during law school, I had a job as an "armed bodyguard" on an estate in Beverly Hills; the elderly wife had been promised she could die at the estate, and the last 10-15 years of her life she was mentally gone and lived with a nurse inside the house. Occasionally, she would call for a limo to go to a party that had happened in the 1940's or so (the limo guy also drove Charlie Sheen around.) We'd drive around for an hour or so until she forgot why we were in the limo, and we'd go back home.

Since it was a huge estate, they had a contract with a friend of mine who had a security company for 24/7 on-estate security. I got a waiver from the law school, since you aren't allowed to have a full-time job during first year. My boss explained--in writing to the law school--that I could do my studying and sleeping ON THE JOB, and the reasons why. So, from 6 pm to 6 am Mon-Thursday for two years, I was paid $15 an hour as an "armed bodyguard" to sleep (even had dates there). I'd go into the house, say hello to "Contessa," and the nurse would cook me dinner. (The key was Contessa had to think you were cute. lol) The rest of the time....I was in an RV parked next to the pool. lol

Happy to offer advice to the next generation of sleep talent.... (Sorry. Just chatty today.)

All AI did was check spelling you may have some AI on your computer too. Where’s the guy that lost the $1,000?

Oh yea, AI is used to solve the equations as well. saves calculation time. So far so good +$480. I have the secret of predictive football modeling.

The book makers computers are weakest when there is a perceived difference in the strength of the teams. Co has had 2 of those games: NDSU and UCF. Both were good winners for us. There’s gold in them there hills. The bailor game was a typical any given Saturday mirac costing us a couple hundred.

UTEP to the Mountain West.
you do understand that we do not want to subscribe to your models, we do not care what you think, and even Russian troll bots are more interesting than you are.

why, oh why, are you still here?

give them some cherry coke and little bit of Benadryl.

per the song, but no don't actually try this at home.
Had a friend whose parents would give him a small dose of codine when he was a wee tyke. 😆

Side story. When I knew him his GF was Englebert Humperdinck’s nanny.

you do understand that we do not want to subscribe to your models, we do not care what you think, and even Russian troll bots are more interesting than you are.

why, oh why, are you still here?
Because NDSU isn't interesting enough to generate an online community? We've got at least one NoDak alumni hanger on here already.

Because NDSU isn't interesting enough to generate an online community? We've got at least one NoDak alumni hanger on here already.
Base population matters, particularly when there isn't tradition of being at the top level. This is why there has been such lukewarm interest in Boise State in realignment despite the fact that they've been one of the top 5 programs in the west over the past 25 years.

8:15 p.m.?!

Angry Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

And yet they have two Senators in Congress, just like the 35 million of us out here in California.

Weird system. lol

Last edited:
I didn't know that about sailors, but it makes sense.

Lil' H's most impressive performance... I promise I'm not exaggerating for effect.

We planned to hike the Halos Ridge route of Mt. of the Holy Cross. 3AM alarm with goal of backing out the driveway at 3:30.

I tap on her bedroom door at 3:01.... *Groggy tone* "yeah, I'm up". I go upstairs to make breakfast and hear her moving around a minute later.

3:40 we were backing out the driveway, girl was asleep by 3:50.

Three hour drive to the trailhead. I shake her awake.

15 minutes later we do the biggest hike either of us had done: 15 miles, 5200', most of the day above 13k'. We're exhausted, totally fatigued.

Girl is back asleep 15 minutes after getting to the car. I wake her up when we got to a Five Guys in Denver.

When you stand watch as Officer of the Deck on the bridge of the ship, in the middle of the night, you send down a messenger (junior enlisted Sailor) to wake up the reliefs for all the bridge watch positions (we used to call the job,”wakers and shakers” because some people are harder to wake up than others). Depending on who your relief was, you sometimes had to send that messenger back down to berthing for a thing we called “checkers” to make sure the reliefs were really awake.

One of the ways to gain a bad reputation on the ship, is to relieve the watch late. And every ship had a guy who would routinely do that. Not a big deal when watch turnover is 4pm, but when it’s 4am and you are looking to get 2 hours of sleep before having to get up for your day job, those minutes are precious. That guy often got a fast/****ty turnover brief.

On the flip side, you could make some fast friends if you showed up for watch early and fully prepared.

Draft Kings early line

KSU -5.5
Co 5,5 -110 for either. Didn’t see the o/u.

The more accurate measure is the GAM:

KSU -3
Co 3
KSU 27 Co 24
O/U 51.5

5.5 points should do it for either team. No money line or O/U was posted at draft kings

I'm going to have trouble getting the family to this game. They go to sleep at like 9pm. May end up selling our tickets. 😔
Sold mine. Gone. Not sad about selling them for this time slot. Do not like rolling into home after 2 am. Beer will be cheaper and the game food will be a hell of a lot better. I love that others are down for it and the place will be rockin. I will be drinking bourbon and rockin out with some buddies

Back