What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: KSU @ CU—October 12 @ 8:15 PM ESPN

Seems like CU low-key passively schedules games around Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. YK will be over at sundown on that Saturday. I know it’s the networks doing this, but it’s almost like clockwork for CU.

Hilarious. My old boss was an old, crusty, Jewish Marxist (he took over the math building at Columbia in 1968), so he at least pretended to be anti-religion. But every Passover and high holiday he was nowhere to be found.

Last edited:
Hilarious. My old boss was an old, crusty, Jewish Marxist (he took over the math building at Columbia in 1968), So he at least pretended to be anti-religion. But every Passover and high holy day he was nowhere to be found.
tony shalhoub smoking GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Seems like CU low-key passively schedules games around Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. YK will be over at sundown on that Saturday. I know it’s the networks doing this, but it’s almost like clockwork for CU.

God dammit. I just realized we have a break fast to go to that evening at our friends' house. My wife's family kind of half-asses it, and they usually start eating around 5pm. That would be ideal. But these f*ckers will probably wait until sundown. So it's not like we can eat at 5pm, and I can duck out at 7:15pm (Pacific) in time for the game. And my friend is a sports fan, he'll probably say, "Just watch the game here." Which is the last thing I will want to do.

Why can't people just leave me alone?

God dammit. I just realized we have a break fast to go to that evening at our friends' house. My wife's family kind of half-asses it, and they usually start eating around 5pm. That would be ideal. But these f*ckers will probably wait until sundown. So it's not like we can eat at 5pm, and I can duck out at 7:15pm (Pacific) in time for the game. And my friend is a sports fan, he'll probably say, "Just watch the game here." Which is the last thing I will want to do.

I love breakfast for dinner, nothing like bacon in the evening!

Last edited:
Hilarious. My old boss was an old, crusty, Jewish Marxist (he took over the math building at Columbia in 1968), so he at least pretended to be anti-religion. But every Passover and high holy day he was nowhere to be found.

Yeah. Rebecca is not religious at all. She took yesterday off, and the kids stayed home from school.

I love breakfast for dinner, nothing like bacon in the evening!

I have a friend who was raised in a religious family. Went to Jewish day school. Not religious at all now.

When he was ten, his grandfather picked him up on a Saturday afternoon and took him to a diner. As they sat down, he told my friend a story about his childhood:

"Matthew, when I was your age, I stayed the night at my friend's house. They were not a Jewish family. That next morning, I woke up to a gentle breeze of the most glorious scent I had ever experienced that wafted up the stairs from the downstairs kitchen into my friend's room where we were sleeping. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I woke up my friend and we went downstairs. That was the first time I ever had bacon.

So every week, I like to sneak out of the house and come to this diner. And I order a bacon cheeseburger. Don't tell Bubbe."

That became a tradition between Matt and his grandpa. They would go have bacon cheeseburgers together on the weekends.

Rebecca texted and told me to ask you what's wrong with you.

You should definitely discuss how you are closer to slavery than any Jew in Egypt ever was.

Sounds like it’s time for a timely case of Bison Flu.

Sounds like it’s time for a timely case of Bison Flu.

Kaiser shipped me a bad batch of Rosuvastatin. I took one. It smelled and tasted terrible. The lid to the bottle of the medication had a bunch of mysterious brown crap growing on it. And then I showed the container of medication to Rebecca. She said there was definitely something wrong with it and then she called me an idiot and questioned my intelligence for taking it.

So I think I have something I can work with.

Lol you don't like being popular?

Observation on K-State. Caught a fair amount of their game against Tulane because I was in Lincoln and there really isn't anything else to do in that ****hole other than drink at the hotel. Went back and watched it for the hell of it last night (Youtube TV has the greatest DVR feature ever). Tulane's QB is a kid named Darian Mensah. Really good athlete, but super raw. He threw for 350 and a couple TDs against KSU. Imagine what Shedeur (who is in my opinion the best QB in the sport) will do if he's protected.

Well damn. We’ll be in Greece when the game is played. I assumed incorrectly that I’d be able to watch using Dish Anywhere. I found out that copyright laws won’t allow me to do that.

Any ideas from you international travelers?

Well damn. We’ll be in Greece when the game is played. I assumed incorrectly that I’d be able to watch using Dish Anywhere. I found out that copyright laws won’t allow me to do that.

Nice. I stayed up til like 3AM in Santorini watching the entirety of the Oregon State comeback game in 2018. Was a mind blowing experience watching from so far

Last edited:

if you need something in a pinch:

1. Sportsurge.net
  2. Chose the CU game from the list
  3. There will be a bunch of streaming options but I like 'TVSPORTSLIVE'. If that doesn't work, slect another..
  4. Click the arrow on the video feed
Have your popup blocker on. If a popup comes up, just close it out and click the arrow again until the feed comes on. I've been using this for 3 years and never had an issue with viruses. Its not a perfect solution as sometimes the feed pauses and you just need to refresh the screen.

1. Sportsurge.net
  3. There will be a bunch of streaming options but I like 'TVSPORTSLIVE'. If that doesn't work, slect another..
Have your popup blocker on. If a popup comes up, just close it out and click the arrow again until the feed comes on. I've been using this for 3 years and never had an issue with viruses. Its not a perfect solution as sometimes the feed pauses and you just need to refresh the screen.
Don’t click on splurges.net!!!

Nice. I stayed up til like 3AM in Santorini watching the entirety of the Oregon State comeback game in 2018. Was a mind blowing experience watching from so far
I was in Japan during that game, on the morning of a wonderful planned day in Kyoto. I was following live with ESPN's play-by-play feature, and couldn't fvcking believe that the Buffs lost. It gave me trauma.

1. Sportsurge.net
Thanks to you I've been using this for a couple of seasons now!

I was in Japan during that game, on the morning of a wonderful planned day in Kyoto. I was following live with ESPN's play-by-play feature, and couldn't fvcking believe that the Buffs lost. It gave me trauma.
Try being in the stadium that day.

1. Sportsurge.net
Great tip. Can you resend it every time I go out of the country? 😝

Back