What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

God if they keep making those commercials I hope he shows up to the set wearing tons of CU gear, just to wear it in front of that turd-sniffer Saban.
I was wondering the same thing. It’d have to be subtle though (like a Where’s Waldo or Find the Playboy Bunny on the cover). It seem like Aflac is trying to. It make those dudes rep their universities.

Also on the cover of the new Madden, has millions of social media followers, doing national ads for Aflac & Frito Lay, has the Barstool thing going on, and his Coach Prime docuseries launching on Amazon Prime.

Madden was on the Madden cover, Russell Wilson has double the IG followers of Prime and is married to someone with more than 10 times Prime's followers.

If you were going to book either of them to headline an event as the keynote, you're picking Prime over Russ.

I don't think it's that simple and you are now ignoring social media followers after originally introducing them into the argument.

Again, Deion hasn't played in 20 years and has been off TV also the last few years.
I think you're right that it's jokic, but Sanders and JSU got a lot of attention from the media this year, including a game day.

I think you're right that it's jokic, but Sanders and JSU got a lot of attention from the media this year, including a game day.

GameDay isn't the NFL. How many casual college football fans care about Jackson State?

I think there is more to the general public than 30+ year old, predominantly male college football fans.

I don't think it's that simple and you are now ignoring social media followers after originally introducing them into the argument.
I'm not ignoring. But the lift as a starting NFL QB has to be crazy and have very little to do with the person.

And it really is that simple. Prime has unusual energy and charisma. He also has crossover demographic appeal who can deliver a big number for 60 Minutes.

Madden was on the Madden cover, Russell Wilson has double the IG followers of Prime and is married to someone with more than 10 times Prime's followers.
Fine, to keep this thing rolling, I’ll post the pics for you
1670178674936.jpeg
1670178872948.jpeg
1670179232604.jpeg

I'm not ignoring. But the lift as a starting NFL QB has to be crazy and have very little to do with the person.

And it really is that simple. Prime has unusual energy and charisma. He also has crossover demographic appeal who can deliver a big number for 60 Minutes.

I think you are very focused on a certain demographic, eg 30+ year old male football fans, and not the public as a whole.

Russ is married to a Grammy winning popstar with 33m IG followers and sales totaling 45m+ worldwide.

Can we limit the discussion to just the Denver landscape though, I mean, if we're opening it to everywhere, neither guy is in the top 10 in the country and who knows worldwide.

I don't know how much IG follows matter when we're talking about the Denver area.

Can we limit the discussion to just the Denver landscape though, I mean, if we're opening it to everywhere, neither guy is in the top 10 in the country and who knows worldwide.

I don't know how much IG follows matter when we're talking about the Denver area.

Denver it's Russ. I don't think being garbage for a few months affects that. And my point about the demographics stands.

But there has to be a rub off effect. Particularly from younger females.
Like back in the day when my sister knew who Reggie Bush was and I learned the name "Kim Kardashian" from her. But that hasn't translated into either of us paying any attention to those celebs from outside our circles. I think it only matters when the celeb has so much charisma that the introduction turns into something more than knowing the name. Like Shaq and others who have crossed over successfully. Prime has that.

i don't honestly care who has a bigger profile.

what i know for sure, right here this morning, is that CU just hit a mother ****ing grand slam into the next universe and we are going to recruit LIGHTS ****ING OUT starting right now.

he already landed a 5 star out of florida in less than 12 hours and the top transfer in the country has us in his top 4 with schools that have been out recruiting us for a couple decades..

we are ****ing back.

now i know what russ meant when he said "let's ride."-- he meant let's ride up to Boulder and watch PRIME do some mother ****ing WORK.

also, both russ and prime have really hot wives and yes, i acknowledge ciara is a superstar but i honestly couldn't name or hum a single tune... i am THAT insulated from pop culture.

also, both russ and prime have really hot wives and yes, i acknowledge ciara is a superstar but i honestly couldn't name or hum a single tune... i am THAT insulated from pop culture.

so am i, but i realise im not representative

Like back in the day when my sister knew who Reggie Bush was and I learned the name "Kim Kardashian" from her. But that hasn't translated into either of us paying any attention to those celebs from outside our circles. I think it only matters when the celeb has so much charisma that the introduction turns into something more than knowing the name. Like Shaq and others who have crossed over successfully. Prime has that.

agree to disagree, ill take a superstar NFL qb over an admittedly transcending former athlete whos been off the main stage recently.

So in a total derailment of this conversation, one of her most famous songs, with Justin Timberlake - LOVE SEX MAGIC - has the lyrics at the end “gonna have you naked by the end of this song.”
Anyway, that’s the song JT was singing with Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl and those are the lyrics where he ripped her bustier off.
Shooting Star GIF

Also re: the Prime Effect - I have lamented for the last 10 years that decent Buff gear was hard to come by because apparel companies typically did limited runs, or not at all for CU. That is all about to change thanks to Coach Prime.
It’s been hard to find since 2007

Back