What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

Deez Nuts GIF

Whose wings?
I forget.

But, this reminds me of a story....

Maybe 4th grade. A trio of classmates comes up to me at recess. Paul asks "if you were on a bus full of queers, what would you do?". The other two snickered.

I could smell a rat, but didn't know where he was going with it.

"Exit immediately", I said

The disappointed was apparent on all three faces. I figured out the attempted prank hours later

If Prime stays 10+ years, Boulder gets Blacker.
Lots of talk about Black students applying and entering CU Boulder but I think we will see an even more important impact the longer Prime stays.

In addition to having a woefully low number of Black students enter the university it has been even worse in terms of those students graduating. I don't have the numbers but remember seeing it and the completion percentage has been bad.

A part of that is that the campus has earned a reputation as a place where Black students are made to feel like they don't belong, like they don't fit in. I am already seeing Prime taking steps to change that reputation and more importantly the things behind the reputation.

As a state Colorado doesn't have a high percentage of Black HS graduates but I would like to see CU be the school where the best of those students aspire to go and graduate from.

Lots of talk about Black students applying and entering CU Boulder but I think we will see an even more important impact the longer Prime stays.

In addition to having a woefully low number of Black students enter the university it has been even worse in terms of those students graduating. I don't have the numbers but remember seeing it and the completion percentage has been bad.

A part of that is that the campus has earned a reputation as a place where Black students are made to feel like they don't belong, like they don't fit in. I am already seeing Prime taking steps to change that reputation and more importantly the things behind the reputation.

As a state Colorado doesn't have a high percentage of Black HS graduates but I would like to see CU be the school where the best of those students aspire to go and graduate from.
I’m curious where CU ranks vs other state flag ships.

That's a good question.

Wouldn't surprise me if a number of other peer institutions don't look good either but that doesn't make it okay.
Agree. I just don’t want it to seem like CU is inherently doing something to hold down the black population versus other institutions.
If it’s a case of Black students aren’t applying at the same rate as other institutions, that’s a much easier issue to deal with…I would think.

Back