What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

Of course the Denver media is crying and painting keeler as a victim
Don’t know anything about keeler. I don’t read the DP for sports. They wrote so much awful stuff about CU for years. I don’t consider them objective about CU athletics or wanting us to success. They now want to pretend they are the local media?? They should go cover whatever they think has the best program (not sure they know where that is. The typical article has been just complaining).

Terrible press conference. We are doomed as a program until a change is made at HC. CP and his ego will not let the change be made or is truly way over his head. Flat out said #2 calls the plays at the line after tje other team shows their hand. Thet tells me the OL and #2 are not in sync or on the same page. That has to stop now or we will not win another game.

Last edited:
Terrible press conference. We are doomed as a program until a change is made at HC. CP and his ego will not let the change be made or is truly way over his head. Flat out said #2 calls the plays at the line after tje other team shows their hand. Thet tells me the OL and #2 are not in sync or on the same page. That has to stop now or we will not win another game.

Hello Darthness my old friend...

Hello Darthness my old friend...
This **** is beautiful. We have the best QB prospects have ever come through cu. His dad is the head coach and lets him do whatever he wants. This sabotages are offense, the season, and the program. Daddy ball crushes CU again. It's ****ing amazing. You could not make this **** up. Doom man it's just impressive how it works

Yawn

What a ****ing joke this staff is.

3 weeks ago 1000% on the bandwagon, now I can't wait for this **** to end.

This **** is beautiful. We have the best QB prospects have ever come through cu. His dad is the head coach and lets him do whatever he wants. This sabotages are offense, the season, and the program. Daddy ball crushes CU again. It's ****ing amazing. You could not make this **** up. Doom man it's just impressive how it works
Sorry boss… but. Our*

Last year after we started 3-0 and were all the rage I remember Urban Meyer talking about how he’d spent a day in Boulder and how impressed he was with the staff and the organization. He was impressed with how well practices were run.

So, what happened? Are we that program or are we some disorganized hodgepodge of a staff and players thrown together a couple of months before the season?

Last year after we started 3-0 and were all the rage I remember Urban Meyer talking about how he’d spent a day in Boulder and how impressed he was with the staff and the organization. He was impressed with how well practices were run.

So, what happened? Are we that program or are we some disorganized hodgepodge of a staff and players thrown together a couple of months before the season?

You sure that wasn't when the Fox crew first went to Boulder for the husker game? Because at that point we were 1-0 coming off the big TCU win and just about everything was pointing up at that point. Otherwise it was probably just Urban talking out of his ass.

I remember that, and the way we played TCU was so refreshing. I truly believe that the gravitational pull of Prime, Shedeur, Travis, and maybe even Shilo knocks normal practice, training, togetherness, and emotions too far off normal focus. The attention, the carve outs, the media, and the feelings of 90+ other guys has us out of whack. It is what it is, and we shall see if it can be fixed. Shedeur looked like he was not prepared, so are the million other things he does distracting him

You sure that wasn't when the Fox crew first went to Boulder for the husker game? Because at that point we were 1-0 coming off the big TCU win and just about everything was pointing up at that point. Otherwise it was probably just Urban talking out of his ass.
You’re probably correct.

Yes

#2 gets to change play calls whenever he wants, regardless of down, distance, and game situation
The coaching staff is made up of random ex NFL people, many that have never coached anywhere, and others that have no business coaching P4 (Coach Flea)
Prime playing favorites with players vs others that should see more game time.
Running off 50% of the roster every year to replace with new players, with many told to leave their current school and others simply looking for a payday looks like a really bad way to build team chemistry.

I remember that, and the way we played TCU was so refreshing. I truly believe that the gravitational pull of Prime, Shedeur, Travis, and maybe even Shilo knocks normal practice, training, togetherness, and emotions too far off normal focus. The attention, the carve outs, the media, and the feelings of 90+ other guys has us out of whack. It is what it is, and we shall see if it can be fixed. Shedeur looked like he was not prepared, so are the million other things he does distracting him
This is an excellent point, and one that I don't think is limited to just CU. I've been wondering since the advent of NIL how all that money flowing--mainly--to a few stars on each team will impact the "Lockeroom," team cohesion, and unity. In the NFL, sure the stars get paid a ton, but everyone gets nearly half a million dollars a year, plus the ancillary perks of being an NFL player.

CU may be the extreme example of this discrepancy, because the stars and NIL money ARE the family of the Head Coach and his other "sons."

I have no sense of what's going on inside the team. I used to believe that it was closer this year than before, because of the way HCP had to sweep out the prior players who just never should have been on P5 team.

This rebuild, even in the portal era, is not a one or two year fix, clearly. HCP had to make it that because that is what works for his "sons." That has me a bit worried.

Yes

#2 gets to change play calls whenever he wants, regardless of down, distance, and game situation
The coaching staff is made up of random ex NFL people, many that have never coached anywhere, and others that have no business coaching P4 (Coach Flea)
Prime playing favorites with players vs others that should see more game time.
Running off 50% of the roster every year to replace with new players, with many told to leave their current school and others simply looking for a payday looks like a really bad way to build team chemistry.
With the exception of Livingston, real coaches with actual job opportunities are avoiding this program like the plague.

All this whingeing and moaning over a game we were more than likely to lose is something. Two games in and people are losing their sh!t already. I finally got to watch the game and my response was 🤷‍♂️. It was what it was. They came out house afire, punched us in the mouth like we all knew they would, and we really didn't respond. Coupled with some untimely mistakes and voila, you're down big at half. There were some decent adjustments made in the 2nd half, but we weren't coming back at that point. This game was nothing like the Oregon and Stanford debacles last year.

Things you learn from playing and coaching (aka "let the cliches flow")
- You're never as bad as you play in your worst game and you're never as good as you are in your best game.
- There are games you're just not destined to win no matter what you do.
- MOVE THE FVCK ON. If you can't clear your head and get past what happened in 24 hours, turn in your sh!t.

I said it repeatedly going back to last spring, this game scared me more than any other on the schedule. It's over. That's a good thing. Beat CSU, then beat Baylor (we're a different team at home) and we're 3-1, 1-0, Then it's an easy ride to win 3 out of 8 to go bowling. Personally, I think 7 wins+ is there for the taking.

EDIT: Take Northern Iowa and the points this weekend. This was their Super Bowl. Let down acomin'. You're welcome.

All this whingeing and moaning over a game we were more than likely to lose is something. Two games in a and people are losing their sh!t already. I finally got to watch the game and my response was 🤷‍♂️. It was what it was. They came out house afire, punched us in the mouth like we all knew they would, and we really didn't respond. Coupled with some untimely mistakes and voila, you're down big at half. There were some decent adjustments made in the 2nd half, but we weren't coming back at that point. This game was nothing like the Oregon and Stanford debacles last year.

- You're never as bad as you play in your worst game and you're never as good as you are in your best game.
- MOVE THE FVCK ON. If you can't clear your head and get past what happened in 24 hours, turn in your sh!t.

I said it repeatedly going back to last spring, this game scared me more than any other on the schedule. It's over. That's a good thing. Beat CSU, then beat Baylor (we're a different team at home) and we're 3-1, 1-0, Then it's an easy ride to win 3 out of 8 to go bowling. Personally, I think 7 wins+ is there for the taking.

EDIT: Take Northern Iowa and the points this weekend. This was their Super Bowl. Let down acomin'. You're welcome.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

All this whingeing and moaning over a game we were more than likely to lose is something. Two games in and people are losing their sh!t already. I finally got to watch the game and my response was 🤷‍♂️. It was what it was. They came out house afire, punched us in the mouth like we all knew they would, and we really didn't respond. Coupled with some untimely mistakes and voila, you're down big at half. There were some decent adjustments made in the 2nd half, but we weren't coming back at that point. This game was nothing like the Oregon and Stanford debacles last year.

Speaking for myself, it's not the loss, for which the score was not really a "blow out." It's the way in which we played on offense. Again, this may be more than a bit of PTSD from a decade or more of being punching in the ding-ding over and over again.

When I rewatched the game and was disturbed by the inability of our OL to block even just one-on-one consistently in either the run or pass: the pressure on SS was almost always caused by 4 rushers against our 5 OL (and RB) or a simple OLB/S/NB overload where a TE would normally be; the utter lack of any sort of combination of power/misdirection in a "running game" was fatally limited; running a scheme of 5 OL with 4 WR almost exclusively without material changes in formation, motion, or shifts; just line up in our standard run-and-shoot formation, give the defense as much time as they want to match up to the same things we've been doing, and then--invariably--throw a pass. There's no group of players that can be successful at a competitive level doing that.

For us to do THAT--to try to use that scheme--after a year of planning and scheming is scary to me.

I don't mind losing a tough game. I thought it would be very hard to go 3-0 to start. However, I do mind not even appearing to understand how the game is played. Our offense was so far from "dominating," in scheme as much as in play, as to be absurd. I actually think our defense was pretty good. They allowed only 14 points (beyond that strange INT/TD play late in the 2nd). But even 21 points against our defense should win on any day.

I do love the use of the word "whinging," though. Appropriate and expressive. Yes. I have hard-core PTSD, and I'm wrapping my arms around it until I see something to alleviate my concerns.

Back