What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

My wife is a huge Buffs fan. But the Prime fatigue is real. She has grown tired of the daily discussions and comments about coaches and recruits. Now she just nods and say uh huh, that’s great.

d4e07406-ff74-43e9-8d64-5a531fc62fc2_text.gif

This could go several places, but this morning I was going through LAX, and I am wearing my coach prime shirt, and when I went through security one of the tsa agents did a double take and pointed at my short and and shouted “PRIME!” Then I pointed at my chest and shouted “PRIME!” Then another one shouted “PRIME!! YEAH!”

we’re back, baybeeeee

This could go several places, but this morning I was going through LAX, and I am wearing my coach prime shirt, and when I went through security one of the tsa agents did a double take and pointed at my short and and shouted “PRIME!” Then I pointed at my chest and shouted “PRIME!” Then another one shouted “PRIME!! YEAH!”

we’re back, baybeeeee
He won't be here forever, but if even 5% of the Prime fans stay invested in CU, this investment will have been worth it.

Thinking about how different this is as an approach.

When PeteC had open practices with celebrities attending, it turned into a recruiting bonanza with them on top for several years.

Coach Prime will be doing that (with guest DJs). But stack on top of that the multiple daily social media posts, including behind the scenes videos, national tv commercial endorsements, regular talk show and podcast guest appearances with also broadcast and print media visiting Boulder for content - AND THEN you throw in a reality television show that gives access even to our coaches meetings. This even represents crossover into casual fans or non-football consumers and it's national.

There is proven success of this model, but Coach Prime is taking that so far beyond the level that any other HC and program could do even if they were willing to try (and we're talking about competitors who are barely willing to even allow local beat writers into practices).

I don't know how big this can get. What I do know is that as a business person, if I wanted my company or brand promoted through college football there isn't any association close to the value of a Coach Prime's Colorado relationship.

The issue is that the City of Boulder passed an ordinance banning sharable drinks. Everyone has to have their own glass and their own straw (biodegradable, non-plastic). No exceptions.
Makes lots of Boulder type sense.

I can sleep with my wife, kiss my wife, hug my wife, but I can't legally share a drink with with my wife!

I can sleep with my wife, kiss my wife, hug my wife, but I can't legally share a drink with with my wife!
Are you actively planning, in good faith, to make a baby during these activities?
If not, then you shouldn’t be doing those either.

Thinking about how different this is as an approach.

When PeteC had open practices with celebrities attending, it turned into a recruiting bonanza with them on top for several years.

Coach Prime will be doing that (with guest DJs). But stack on top of that the multiple daily social media posts, including behind the scenes videos, national tv commercial endorsements, regular talk show and podcast guest appearances with also broadcast and print media visiting Boulder for content - AND THEN you throw in a reality television show that gives access even to our coaches meetings. This even represents crossover into casual fans or non-football consumers and it's national.

There is proven success of this model, but Coach Prime is taking that so far beyond the level that any other HC and program could do even if they were willing to try (and we're talking about competitors who are barely willing to even allow local beat writers into practices).

I don't know how big this can get. What I do know is that as a business person, if I wanted my company or brand promoted through college football there isn't any association close to the value of a Coach Prime's Colorado relationship.
For those who are worried about Coach Prime bailing out on Colorado think about the fact that while he is getting paid well he isn't doing this for the money. He has a real desire to coach, the help young people grow and develop, and to build a program.

How can we know this? Consider that in the time he has been in Boulder he has been featured on every major sports network, he has been a featured guest on the Manning cast (who they kept on for longer than they normally keep guest,) his videos are among the most watched on YouTube and elsewhere, he has been mentioned on most of the top sports discussion shows including some that normally don't bother much with college football.

He is a genuine sports media star. If he didn't want to make the sacrifices involved with coaching he could easily make more money doing media work than he makes in Boulder coaching and much more than he made at Jackson State (where he turned a substantial part of his salary back into the program.)

My wife can get her own damn drink. It's bad enough how she bogarts my fries or onion rings after not ordering her own. But I draw the line at sharing my booze.

Who wants to share a drink? Gross. Sucking down another persons backwash. Probably the people that share a toothbrush.

Who wants to share a drink? Gross. Sucking down another persons backwash. Probably the people that share a toothbrush.
So it's not weird that I'll go over some lines others wouldn't cross in certain situations but would not share a toothbrush?

I was listening to the Finebaum show today and heard 3 different calls about CU. Needless to say that is unheard of as this is a very SEC-centric show. And I didn't even listen to the whole 4 hours.

I was listening to the Finebaum show today and heard 3 different calls about CU. Needless to say that is unheard of as this is a very SEC-centric show. And I didn't even listen to the whole 4 hours.
4 hours a day. What a world.

• Haha
Reactions: dio

My wife can get her own damn drink. It's bad enough how she bogarts my fries or onion rings after not ordering her own. But I draw the line at sharing my booze.

I don't know what the big deal is. I enjoy sharing drinks with all of your wives.

Back