What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles - Former HC OSU/LSU/Kansas

It makes you wonder what Mangino had to do to win there.

He certainly did better than most, but Mangino also only had one winning conference record in 9 seasons at Kansas. He had one magical season and then returned to norm.

Just ran across what seems like a really strange piece of trivia.

The largest crowd in the history of Memorial Stadium (Kansas) was 52,530. It was not against Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas State, Missouri, or any of the other logical rivals.

No, it was for a game on September 5, 2009 against the mighty Bears from Greeley, yes Northern Colorado.

I guess fans will do about anything to have a chance to see their team get a win.

It was actually in their short burst of glory. They came in ranked #25 and beat UNC 49-3.

Just ran across what seems like a really strange piece of trivia.

The largest crowd in the history of Memorial Stadium (Kansas) was 52,530. It was not against Oklahoma, ****braska, Kansas State, Missouri, or any of the other logical rivals.

No, it was for a game on September 5, 2009 against the mighty Bears from Greeley, yes Northern Colorado.

I guess fans will do about anything to have a chance to see their team get a win.

It was actually in their short burst of glory. They came in ranked #25 and beat UNC 49-3.
Reesing was a hell of a college quarterback.

Channel 4 in Denver had a promo years ago: You get more with Les (Shapiro).

I believe Shapiro is still on the airwaves in Denver, angrily snarling bad takes.

To be fair, there are a number of coaches who doesn’t look so great a couple years removed from this thread starting on Mac’s firing:

Dino Babers
Blake Anderson
Matt Wells
Jake Spavital
Seth Littrell

Then again, look at the year Jeff Grimes is having at BYU. Also Duff will be happy to know that his boy Jim Leavitt’s defense is only giving up 13ppg at FAU!

Yeah, some of these coaches catch lightning in a bottle and can’t sustain success. Win big at a couple of schools or with multiple QBs, then you know a guy is a top tier coach.
My guess is that coronavirus is going to wipe out a lot of the G5 schools. When they do tell me more athletes for the KUs of the world

To be fair, there are a number of coaches who doesn’t look so great a couple years removed from this thread starting on Mac’s firing:

Dino Babers
Blake Anderson
Matt Wells
Jake Spavital
Seth Littrell

Then again, look at the year Jeff Grimes is having at BYU. Also Duff will be happy to know that his boy Jim Leavitt’s defense is only giving up 13ppg at FAU!

I think those guys may be on Dope??

Les Miles is creepy.

Wonder how our extended Background Check would have done if we were actually interested in him? OR, did we (RG) already know what was up and we stayed away from him. Kansas seems pretty desperate to be good at athletics with Bill Self and Les Miles at the top, the Mount Rushmore of whatever it takes.

Back