What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Long-term plan for CU facilities upgrades

You must be in an upscale section where people leave to use restrooms. My section was like the Turkish prison from Midnight Express. We had a guy in our section straight up piss on the people in front of him. The guy in front of me at one game was bleeding profusely from his head, and it got all over the people next to him, but he never stopped pounding Coors Banquets and never once left his seat. We also had three fist fights and security never showed up for any of it.
No wonder there is fisticuffs going on. That is some straight up unacceptable bull****. mother****ers!

This was all after he said there are other priorities in the athletic department he even dodged it but, give him credit, answered it a moment later.

Yeah, I mean, with the NCAA settlement and every P5 program owing $22m or whatever, plus the AD needing to come up $22m for NIL salary cap going forward, the West side project probably has to wait

Yeah, I mean, with the NCAA settlement and every P5 program owing $22m or whatever, plus the AD needing to come up $22m for NIL salary cap going forward, the West side project probably has to wait
West Side Project, imo, only becomes a reality in the next few years if there's a major deal with a new stadium sponsor (part owner?).

West Side Project, imo, only becomes a reality in the next few years if there's a major deal with a new stadium sponsor (part owner?).
After listening to the entire interview, it sure sounds like RG is focused on getting the NIL/NCAA stuff in order first, but that he also has plans to get the West side done before he retires, and is probably further down the planning path on that than we think. He talked about specifics of what they want to do, using the term “we” a lot, and then said, “and then after that, somebody will be working on the events center”. Feels like Prime and the West side renovation are RG’s swan song.

Also, they talked about the new video board having screens on the outside where the game will be broadcast. That’s awesome for people who aren’t able to be in stadium but come for tailgating

After listening to the entire interview, it sure sounds like RG is focused on getting the NIL/NCAA stuff in order first, but that he also has plans to get the West side done before he retires, and is probably further down the planning path on that than we think. He talked about specifics of what they want to do, using the term “we” a lot, and then said, “and then after that, somebody will be working on the events center”. Feels like Prime and the West side renovation are RG’s swan song.

Also, they talked about the new video board having screens on the outside where the game will be broadcast. That’s awesome for people who aren’t able to be in stadium but come for tailgating
FOH with that, Yak.

Boulder and the CU campus absolutely does NOT need accomodations for tailgaters without game tickets. The area is already congested AF on game days, now that we're relevant again.

NOT awesome
Not in any way.

No ticket, go to a bar.

If CU was smart (they aren't), with all of the student ticket fiascos lately they'd have a tailgate party / game party for any and all students who couldn't in to the game.
I have friends whose kiddos did not get passes. They are pissed and asking me for help :LOL: I told them all games will be sold out and look for some of the student exchanges for student tix. My oldest is still in some of the groups and continually says there are tix for less than $20 for every game (Not sure I believe him but that is what he claims is available for every game).

I have friends whose kiddos did not get passes. They are pissed and asking me for help :LOL: I told them all games will be sold out and look for some of the student exchanges for student tix. My oldest is still in some of the groups and continually says there are tix for less than $20 for every game (Not sure I believe him but that is what he claims is available for every game).
I could see students selling tickets on the exchanges, so that doesn't surprise me. But this is the perfect opportunity for the AD to invest a nickel now to get dollars back down the road. Set up an area. Sell concessions. Have giveaways.

I could see students selling tickets on the exchanges, so that doesn't surprise me. But this is the perfect opportunity for the AD to invest a nickel now to get dollars back down the road. Set up an area. Sell concessions. Have giveaways.
Not disagreeing at all. It takes work and this AD does not like work and has no vision

Surely they’re gonna make that look consistent with the stadium architecture …. Kinda looks way too modern?

Surely they’re gonna make that look consistent with the stadium architecture …. Kinda looks way too modern?
Stephen Colbert Thinking GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

They’re going to have to rip out the ribbon and redo it when we add seats on both sides of the scoreboard after four years of sellouts. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Just want to reiterate my grand scheme - partner with the Broncos to play in Empower for two years while we completely rebuild Folsom, then host the Broncos for 2 years while they tear down Empower and build a new gigantic stadium.

Just want to reiterate my grand scheme - partner with the Broncos to play in Empower for two years while we completely rebuild Folsom, then host the Broncos for 2 years while they tear down Empower and build a new gigantic stadium.
NFL games in Boulder would be a CF of traffic. I can't even imagine the parking debacle.

Back