What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Long-term plan for CU facilities upgrades

The largest hurdle for a joint stadium plan between the Broncos and CU wouldn't be short term logistics, but funding. Handling parking, security, permitting, and so on is possible if the cities involved understand the potential positive economic impact. Traffic would be awful for a few more days in the year, but it would also be a massive boon to local businesses. Depending on who has oversight it could also be extremely difficult to get local permits. In an ideal world a joint plan allows Denver to keep a football stadium downtown and sets up Boulder as an attractive venue for more niche events. With population growth Colorado gaining another up to date large venue makes sense but I doubt it will happen to political leanings of the cities involved.

Why? What's different than CU games? Are they going to have 20K more fans?

almost exactly 20k more, yes
In this unlikely hypothetical, CU is adding more seating with the intention of selling out at the higher capacity. Parking is going to be something they account for if they choose to expand. Aside from that, unless they expand Folsom to 76,125 they won't be accommodating more Broncos fans than CU fans...

I guess they allow lap seating for Broncos games or maybe they will set up seats outside and 20k can watch the games on the new scoreboard TV or at Franklin field
@Uncle Ken and @Burrito upon hearing the addition of lap seating at Folsom

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

If CU was smart (they aren't), with all of the student ticket fiascos lately they'd have a tailgate party / game party for any and all students who couldn't in to the game.
Today's students are the most likely source of future season ticket holders and eventual donors. Anything they can do (within reason) to get and keep them attached to the program will pay benefits in the long run.

If CU was smart (they aren't), with all of the student ticket fiascos lately they'd have a tailgate party / game party for any and all students who couldn't in to the game.
My kid and his three roommates all got the athletics pass this year. It took my kid about 30 min to get through on the web site, but eventually made it work.

Last year they had two different sale dates, but I don't think they're doing that again in 2024. I always feel bad for the kids who are at work, or have other obligations, at 10am when they go on sale. Dumb process IMO.

My kid and his three roommates all got the athletics pass this year. It took my kid about 30 min to get through on the web site, but eventually made it work.

Last year they had two different sale dates, but I don't think they're doing that again in 2024. I always feel bad for the kids who are at work, or have other obligations, at 10am when they go on sale. Dumb process IMO.
Think about how far it's come, though. The process is way better than camping in a sidewalk overnight and waiting in line for hours to get tickets.

"absolutely. no doubt" is my answer, but I'm open minded to reasons why someone would disagree.
the camping out, waiting in line, etc was a part of the charm and experience of being a CU student.

For comparison, they still do the camp out thing at DU for student hockey tickets. It’s a huge event where the hockey team comes out and brings the students swag and food. We need more of that kind of experience, not less.

the camping out, waiting in line, etc was a part of the charm and experience of being a CU student.

For comparison, they still do the camp out thing at DU for student hockey tickets. It’s a huge event where the hockey team comes out and brings the students swag and food. We need more of that kind of experience, not less.
I get that kids don't need to camp out anymore. They just get into a virtual queue on their laptops.

This issue I have is that CU already oversells the athletics pass. Not every kid with a pass is guaranteed tickets for any specific game, as they need to go through the virtural queue to secure their tickets for each game. So, what is the purpose of limiting the number of students who are able to participate in the weekly ticket process?

Just seems stupid that if you strike out the first (edit: or second) time purchasing the pass, you are screwed for the entire year. Dumb.

ok, i get what you're saying, and, your comments seem in the same spirit of someone waxing nostalgic about the process of going to a library top read up on an esoteric subject instead of grabbing their phone and asking Google for the answer.

It’s more than simply waxing nostalgic. That camping out process is a bonding experience. It connects the student to the program in a meaningful way.
I'd agree with Not Sure. I had a great time waiting for tickets. Running on folsom field. It made you not want to miss any games. Of course we were also really good back then so that helps.

Back