What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread- #21 (AP)/ #17 (NET rankings) Men's bball on the road vs. #143 (NET) Cal (Berkeley, Thurs., 2/27, 7:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

Well that sucked.... if we lose our last 5 games, we will be on the bubble. Didn't see this scenario so close to playing out. Tad has to do something to make these guys play desperate.

How do you not at least try switching to the zone?

It was obvious we couldn't stop them man to man. Bradley was doing anything and everything he wanted, yet all we did was try different 1 on 1 players.

For **** sake Tad, zone isn't a 4 letter word. You just had your ass handed to you because you couldn't stop 1 ****ing player..

I could really dive into all the things wrong, but Schwarz deciding to work on his right hand layup in this game, and didnt make any of them, cmon man...

If this team doesn't care, why should we? Pathetic end to the season.

Last edited:
Yes. Yes we are
We’re at 22 NET right now. If we lose the next 3, gotta figure mid 30s at best. Last year, NC State and Clemson were top 35 and didn’t make it.

We have to win one more to be guaranteed. I think we will, but we are not guaranteed anything right now.

My weekly post repeated: Tad is a nice guy and his players are nice guys - it's a big thing for Tad. Problem is, we have no "tough" guys on the team. Not saying they wouldn't fight for mom and country, but you know.

I didn't get to watch or DVR this game.

From scanning through the play-by-play It looks like there was about 6-8 minutes towards the end of the half with no FGs made.

This seems to be a feature of this team.

The stat sheet suggests that this is really the story of the game:
1582902963746.png

Were we getting horrible looks all night, or just not hitting open shots?

I didn't get to watch or DVR this game.

From scanning through the play-by-play It looks like there was about 6-8 minutes towards the end of the half with no FGs made.

This seems to be a feature of this team.

The stat sheet suggests that this is really the story of the game:
View attachment 34382

Were we getting horrible looks all night, or just not hitting open shots?
Yes

What a disgusting game.....blame on coaches and players. Come on, at least act like you care guys. This is tough to stomach. I can handle, and shrug off a loss in a hard played game where you can see them trying hard. Wasn't last night.

My weekly post repeated: Tad is a nice guy and his players are nice guys - it's a big thing for Tad. Problem is, we have no "tough" guys on the team. Not saying they wouldn't fight for mom and country, but you know.
McKinley Wright IV

Silver lining?

At least we seem to lose games we shouldn't to crummy teams, and by slipping below a #4 seed we won't see anyone outside of the top 50-60 from the NET rankings.

I kid, I kid; mostly.

Trend going into tournament has been a significant factor in the invitation. No way (I think) Buffs fail to get an invite, but losing last 4 conference games and an early exit (1st or 2nd round) in the P12 tourney will make for a poor seeding. Not to mention that if we’re playing poorly, an early exit from the NCAAs is inevitable.

Need to step up NOW - we’ll see what these guys have got. Bouncing back has been a big positive most of the year.

I'm the biggest sunshine pumper there is for this team, but I think Stanford's gonna absolutely mud hole us.

I'm the biggest sunshine pumper there is for this team, but I think Stanford's gonna absolutely mud hole us.
I think it is going to be closer. They will be fired up and I’m bring my small posse to pull for them (wasn’t able to make it to Cal).

Back