What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread- #21 (AP)/ #22 (NET) Men's bball on the road vs. #30 (NET) Stanford (Sunday, 3/1, 4:00 PM MT, ESPNU)

There was a sequence where Bey had the ball just outside the lane with two defenders on him and I told my son “Bey is going to do something stupid.” Then he tried to force a pass and it was picked off.

We're too small up front. Both Stanford and UCLA give the Buffs matchup issues in the front court that proved to be too much on both sides of the floor. If Da Silva hadn't been knocked out of the game in Boulder Stanford probably wins that game to.
Yep, which is why I don't get why we settle with half court so often. I'm not gonna say fire the guy, that's stupid. That said, you have to recruit to what you want to be.

Is the Utah game the biggest game of Tad’s recent coaching career? With all the expectations, the success in Jan and Feb, and soaring seed projections ... if we lose to Utah, the wheels have officially come off, we’ll play in the first round in Vegas and this year ANYONE in this league is capable of beating anyone. We could in the space of 2 weeks go from a 3/4 seed, 12 NET rating and contending for P12 title ... to missing the Dance all together.

These guys have to feel like they’re playing for the lives now. It’s desperation time.

Is the Utah game the biggest game of Tad’s recent coaching career? With all the expectations, the success in Jan and Feb, and soaring seed projections ... if we lose to Utah, the wheels have officially come off, we’ll play in the first round in Vegas and this year ANYONE in this league is capable of beating anyone. We could in the space of 2 weeks go from a 3/4 seed, 12 NET rating and contending for P12 title ... to missing the Dance all together.

These guys have to feel like they’re playing for the lives now. It’s desperation time.
We don’t have a history of doing well at Utah, but have to agree that a poor showing would indicate major collapse.

I feel like ending the season with 3 road games (or rather starting the conference season with more home games) has led to somewhat unrealistic expectations. It’s been an unusual home-and-away year with wins on the road at ASU, USC and OSU, but losses at home to OSU and UCLA (and nearly another to Stanford). Still, road victories are historically rare and I think we expected the “home” Buffs to show up at Cal and Stanford. And now we expect the same team that crushed Utah in Boulder to show up in SLC. It could happen, but a win would be going against the flow. Hope it happens but wondering exactly how talented this team is, on the whole. Clearly some major talent, but perhaps exaggerated by circumstances and fandom.

I don't think the talent we have is necessarily exaggerated. It's there, we are slim in some spots. These guys need to make up their mind on what kind of team they want to be. Kinda late for that but, maybe, it'll light a fire under their ass.

Back