What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread - #23/RV (AP/Coaches)/ #21 (NET rankings) Men's bball hosts #100 (NET) WSU (Boulder, Thurs., 1/23, 8:00 PM, Pac-12 Networks)

A troll is “a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.”

I post observations and critiques from the games, where I think we could be better. We all know where we’re good. That’s obvious.

On the contrary, L Buff calls me out by name in a post when I’ve posted nothing the whole game, just to provoke a reaction. That’s the very definition of trolling.
It was weird how you had no observations during a 20 point win.

Great showing of how good we are, even without TB. But glad he'll be back Saturday. it should be acknowledged that wsu was totally gassed/worn down, the last 5 minutes or so.

Came in this morning to read that the biggest liberal on our board is a Spiro Agnew fan. Brain twisted.

Then, while still glowing in the victory, I read about our faults as a team. But I still have the happy memory of meeting up with an old buddy for pregame dinner and drinks, followed by watching the game live with a larger group of buddies, in person. What a night!

Wait, what? I did it wrong? I don't have a life because if I did, I'd be watching the game on delay?

Furk, and I was feeling good about things until I got here.

Came in this morning to read that the biggest liberal on our board is a Spiro Agnew fan. Brain twisted.

Then, while still glowing in the victory, I read about our faults as a team. But I still have the happy memory of meeting up with an old buddy for pregame dinner and drinks, followed by watching the game live with a larger group of buddies, in person. What a night!

Wait, what? I did it wrong? I don't have a life because if I did, I'd be watching the game on delay?

Furk, and I was feeling good about things until I got here.

Here's the thing, @L Buff knows that William Safire wrote Agnew's famous phrase. Agnew was barely smart enough to tie his own shoes. Also, these game threads continue to be gold. Can't wait for Saturday when UDub's zone has everyone here gnashing their teeth for a good portion of the game.

Took me a bit to get past the pillow fight going on above. (Unfortunate but inevitable consequence of perusing a fan message board, but glad to have engaged fans.)

Good game Buffs. They played with intensity, rebounded well (more than once Battey grabbed a rebound from about three wsu players), moved the ball well on offense including lots of inside-out passes. Took my sharp son to notice Bey had some type of hand wrap in warmups, but at least he warmed up, should be a good sign for Saturday. Daniels played better. Kin had turnovers early but seemed to settle down as game went on.Siewert asserted well, and made some noticeable defensive plays, and Walton had productive minutes. Also...good showing by students. Nice to see they could get their studies in and then get to the late starting game. They were fun. And to top off a celebration for Chip's Nat'l Championship win for mascots.

Great showing of how good we are, even without TB. But glad he'll be back Saturday. it should be acknowledged that wsu was totally gassed/worn down, the last 5 minutes or so.
I think they were but I was getting kinda pissed. Every time a team gets tired in the second half the announcers always say it’s because of altitude. I know it has some effect but it’s also happening because we have a good team with good depth. No one ever brings up the altitude when Oregon grinds a win out at home, or duke, or any other quality team. Whe we wear out a team on the road it’s not because we brought our altitude with us. I feel like it cheapens our wins and ignores our team’s quality.

One thing I don't like about KenPom is that the math overrates blowouts. We dropped a lot after Arizona. Last night improved us to #24 from #31.

Saw that Pritchard has, for his career, 1500 points, 500 rebounds and 600 assists. Amazing. He is definitely 1 of the all-P12 guards.

I think they were but I was getting kinda pissed. Every time a team gets tired in the second half the announcers always say it’s because of altitude. I know it has some effect but it’s also happening because we have a good team with good depth. No one ever brings up the altitude when Oregon grinds a win out at home, or duke, or any other quality team. Whe we wear out a team on the road it’s not because we brought our altitude with us. I feel like it cheapens our wins and ignores our team’s quality.
Agree. But, CU feeds that with the locker room signs, etc. And, in the end, if players come to town fearing that is going to be a problem, we gain an advantage. As much as anything last night, fatigue wise, their 'short bench' was a factor. I think they put in their 'scrubs', before we went deep into the bench

Agree. But, CU feeds that with the locker room signs, etc. And, in the end, if players come to town fearing that is going to be a problem, we gain an advantage. As much as anything last night, fatigue wise, their 'short bench' was a factor. I think they put in their 'scrubs', before we went deep into the bench
Yeah. Altitude is overplayed. But the big thing last night is that the Buffs were bigger, stronger and deeper. Wore them down. When WSU was hanging within range, it was mainly due to making deep 3s and contested long 2s at a high rate. That wasn't something that was likely to continue for 40 minutes no matter where the game was played.

Altitude is a factor. I am preconditioned as a Buffs fan to see a game with a close to double figures lead and wait for our offensive collapse and the opponents run to take over the game. Instead we made the run late and put up a score that will look good to people across the country who didn't follow the game.

Tad takes advantage though by playing at a fast pace. Doesn't mean the ball is going up quickly but he likes an offense that moves the ball a lot forcing the defense to work and a defense that pressures and forces the opposing offense to work more for shots.

Saw only parts of the first half last night then all the second half. Battey is a man. It looked like eventually they got tired of trying to move him and just let him have his way. For a 200-240lb big having to lean on a guy like him all night is tiring.

As to playing Kountz and some other guys who aren't playing well, Tad knows his team and his players. As fans it is frustrating but Tad doesn't give up on guys as long as they are working hard. We have seen in the past players look terrible and eventually come around. It didn't cost us a game and is hopefully one step closer to him getting back into what we need.

Speaking of coming back good to see Walton gradually working his way back, he could be very important to us around tourney time. The move near the end of the game that resulted in the nice lay in bucket was significant. That is the smoothest and most athletic move I have seen from him since before the injury. Shows that he may finally be getting confidence back in his knees and be willing to extend himself again. And that was a move that most seven footers can't make as gracefully as he did.

Yeah. Student section was allsome last night. Being ranked makes a big difference, I think.

In the first half there was a play where Bonton went up for a dunk after the whistle and blew it off the back rim. The students were audibly taunting him and you could clearly hear one of the students on the broadcast yell, "the Volcano failed to erupt!", drawing a comparison between his failed dunk attempt and volcano inspired hair. Incredibly quick wit, made me chuckle.

Speaking of coming back good to see Walton gradually working his way back, he could be very important to us around tourney time. The move near the end of the game that resulted in the nice lay in bucket was significant. That is the smoothest and most athletic move I have seen from him since before the injury. Shows that he may finally be getting confidence back in his knees and be willing to extend himself again. And that was a move that most seven footers can't make as gracefully as he did.

I could see Walton being important against Arizona if we meet them in the P12 tourney. As good as Bey and Battey are, Nnaji and Lee consistently just went over their backs to grab offensive rebounds. With a solid box out Walton should be able to snare those rebounds without jumping. That is assuming he can move well enough to get the box out.

Tad takes advantage though by playing at a fast pace. Doesn't mean the ball is going up quickly but he likes an offense that moves the ball a lot forcing the defense to work and a defense that pressures and forces the opposing offense to work more for shots.

The second sentence is accurate. But, that is not what fast pace means. Pace of play is measured most simply by amount of possessions. Different advanced metrics measure pace of play slightly differently, but we are somewhere around 200th in the country in pretty much all those pace rankings.

Think Nolan Richardson 40 minutes of hell or Steve Nash 7 seconds or less Phoenix Suns for fast pace. We are definitely on the slower side of things pace wise. Tadball is not fast paced.

I could see Walton being important against Arizona if we meet them in the P12 tourney. As good as Bey and Battey are, Nnaji and Lee consistently just went over their backs to grab offensive rebounds. With a solid box out Walton should be able to snare those rebounds without jumping. That is assuming he can move well enough to get the box out.
Walton's 2 best games of his freshman season were against UA. It's a good matchup for him since he's not chasing little guys around the perimeter. The key against them is always to neutralize their front court talent so that you stay even with them on points in the paint and rebounding.

The second sentence is accurate. But, that is not what fast pace means. Pace of play is measured most simply by amount of possessions. Different advanced metrics measure pace of play slightly differently, but we are somewhere around 200th in the country in pretty much all those pace rankings.

Think Nolan Richardson 40 minutes of hell or Steve Nash 7 seconds or less Phoenix Suns for fast pace. We are definitely on the slower side of things pace wise. Tadball is not fast paced.
I think we'd like to get out in transition a lot more than we do. Hard sometimes since the book on us is that it's a losing battle to try to get offensive rebounds against the Buffs and our offensive efficiency goes way down if we're forced to slow down on offense to play half court possessions.

Something I'd like t see Tad do more is the secondary break. We rarely have quick run-outs off opponent made shots. That's something that could be pushed for a few extra easy buckets a night.

I think we'd like to get out in transition a lot more than we do. Hard sometimes since the book on us is that it's a losing battle to try to get offensive rebounds against the Buffs and our offensive efficiency goes way down if we're forced to slow down on offense to play half court possessions.

Something I'd like t see Tad do more is the secondary break. We rarely have quick run-outs off opponent made shots. That's something that could be pushed for a few extra easy buckets a night.
We are so terrible in transition this year that I don't think that book is accurate anymore

OMFG guys.

I know that every Allbuffs game thread must have at least one detour into crazy town, and basketball game threads have limited traffic, but the bickering posts are outnumbering posts about the actual game like 10 to 1, FFS.

It wouldn't be allbuffs without the bickering though!

You are right that I wasn't using fast paced in context of the statistic but rather in that Tad wants to play in a way that forces the defenders to be moving as much as possible. He doesn't want the defenders to be able to stand and catch their breath.

Many years back when I was coaching HS ball our head coach was a Nolan Richardson disciple. Every practice started with intensive running because we wanted our players to be able to do everything we ask them to after they had already built a sweat and gotten tired. We won a lot of games in the second half when opponents didn't want to run with us any more.

Yeah. Student section was allsome last night. Being ranked makes a big difference, I think.

I'd have to disagree. Student section was FULL, but hardly awesome, let alone allsome.

Absolutely nothing organized during 2nd half free throws. Only a few times I can remember them really getting up and into the game noise-wise. I'm not sure half of them were even watching the game.

There is no C-unit leadership that I can see, and if there is, it isn't very good.

The game, tho. WOW. Battey is such a monster, and having Lucas step up was what we needed with Bey out.

You are right that I wasn't using fast paced in context of the statistic but rather in that Tad wants to play in a way that forces the defenders to be moving as much as possible. He doesn't want the defenders to be able to stand and catch their breath.

Many years back when I was coaching HS ball our head coach was a Nolan Richardson disciple. Every practice started with intensive running because we wanted our players to be able to do everything we ask them to after they had already built a sweat and gotten tired. We won a lot of games in the second half when opponents didn't want to run with us any more.

40 minutes of hell FTW as always. Great style of ball.

Not to get too far ahead but since Wash is soooooo long and athletic at all positions I hope Dallas continues improve and give positive minutes, and Lucas keeps up his overall fine play. Definitely will need Bey. Daniels and Gatling gave me a ray of hope that they can provide a bit of firepower. If Battey focuses an defense, rebounding and passing he is awesome and doesnt need to force the shots he sometimes does.

Not to get too far ahead but since Wash is soooooo long and athletic at all positions I hope Dallas continues improve and give positive minutes, and Lucas keeps up his overall fine play. Definitely will need Bey. Daniels and Gatling gave me a ray of hope that they can provide a bit of firepower. If Battey focuses an defense, rebounding and passing he is awesome and doesnt need to force the shots he sometimes does.
I think Washington has hit their ceiling this year. Their Bigs got worked by the soft ass Utah front court last night. Maybe it was just an off night, but I wonder?

A couple of teams have given us fits this year because of their length. Agree with the point on Battey, too.

Back