What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookin ahead to 2021-22

Selling tickets to the KU game to only CU fans is possible. It just takes effort from the AD. They could’ve blitzed the students and sold them individually to them. They could’ve called all former season tickets holders and gave them access to the game after the current season tickets holders. I’m sure there’s many more ideas to help sell out the game and keep the event center black and gold, but we wouldn’t want to steal from the success happening in the “Champions” Center.
I really think the only way to limit KU fans is to have CU have a good team that people are excited about. Do what you do to initially sell to CU fans, but when it comes down to it, if there is no excitement for CU, too many people will be tempted by the amount KU fans will pay in the secondary market.

thinking about the topic of impeding the flow of tickets to away fans, I think Duke is best example I am familiar with.

tickets at Cameron mostly go do Duke fans, students and alums.
  • part of the strategy is pricing -- eight years ago, the cheapest tickets against body bag opponents (e.g. Elon) started at $60.
  • part of the strategy is small venue capacity driving up demand -- 9300 seats for a school with a prominent program like Duke's is miniscule (Dean Smith Center holds 21k)
  • part of the strategy is opening up tickets for season ticket holders first, and reserving student tickets that they know there will be excess demand for.

but visiting teams' fans still get in.

thinking about the topic of impeding the flow of tickets to away fans, I think Duke is best example I am familiar with.

tickets at Cameron mostly go do Duke fans, students and alums.
  • part of the strategy is pricing -- eight years ago, the cheapest tickets against body bag opponents (e.g. Elon) started at $60.
  • part of the strategy is small venue capacity driving up demand -- 9300 seats for a school with a prominent program like Duke's is miniscule (Dean Smith Center holds 21k)
  • part of the strategy is opening up tickets for season ticket holders first, and reserving student tickets that they know there will be excess demand for.

but visiting teams' fans still get in.
In the past, there were KU fans who would buy a GA season ticket for this 1 game. It is sometimes easier for them to do that than to get a ticket to a KU home game.

In the past, there were KU fans who would buy a GA season ticket for this 1 game. It is sometimes easier for them to do that than to get a ticket to a KU home game.
that makes complete sense. $180 for the cheapest season tickets this year.

There was a row about 4-5 rows up at mid court purchased as season tickets for years by KU fan, he only went to one game a year....

There was a row about 4-5 rows up at mid court purchased as season tickets for years by KU fan, he only went to one game a year....

BTW, it was like 8 seats that he purchased for him and his buddies to go to one game. Rest of the year it was empty. they disappeared after we went to the Pac12.

BTW, it was like 8 seats that he purchased for him and his buddies to go to one game. Rest of the year it was empty. they disappeared after we went to the Pac12.
didn't even try to sell the others? damn, it must be nice to have that kind of money. and most of the year must be pretty great to have good seats next to those empty ones!.

Can you tell me how to transfer them to another person? My daughter is a CU frosh and there are games I can't make. Do you just forward it to them, like an email? thanks
You can forward the email with the link to the tickets. Be sure to delete the link to any other games to avoid confusion.

I believe you can transfer it through the CU Sports app as well. I haven't tried yet but I saw it as an option.
Yeah. For football you can log into your account if your a season ticket holder and they have a transfer option. Not sure how it works if you bought single game tickets.

I don’t have a sub but thought some of you might find this interesting
Fun article. Evan and Eli were to two top vote getters for "hardest players to score on". Evan was the top vote getter with Jaime Jacquez as "Player I'd like most as a teammate" . Biggest shocker was Dana Altman and Bobby Hurley were top vote getters for "Coach I'd like to play for" . For me it would be Tad and Mick Cronin easy who both only got 1 vote.

Yeah. I thought they answered the coach they'd most like to play for question as where they'd get the best deal.

Very curious what happens with Julian Hammond and Javon this year. Tad has been talking about Julian a good amount preseason. The exhibitions didn't really see much but it's been fairly obvious Kee and KJ were better and should get majority of those minutes. The two other Colorado based smaller guards we've had (Dom and XT) took really until their upperclassman years to help contribute. Is it worth redshirting or not? This would help split up class distribution. Also, Javon is obviously still hobbled by injury and didn't really have a preseason. Is it too late to redshirt? Just kind of surprised that hasn't happened yet. We won't be playing an 11 man rotation this year so why not break up this 9 man fresh/soph class a little bit.

I keep getting calls from the ticket office to make sure we get tickets this year. I think we did a 5 pack pre covid and it was a bit of a stretch to make it work (3 hr drive staying with family wrangling kids etc) add in some other unexpected expenses this year and I think we can only do 2 games. If I lived closer I would do the 4 pack in a heartbeat but its just a bit too much unfortunately.

So the question becomes which two? I am kind of thinking one early season to witness the team coming together and one at the end when (hopefully) we are on a roll. Tenessee and UCLA come to mind but I am tempted to pick a ****ty team for an increased chance at seeing a win. How is Utah projected this year?

I keep getting calls from the ticket office to make sure we get tickets this year. I think we did a 5 pack pre covid and it was a bit of a stretch to make it work (3 hr drive staying with family wrangling kids etc) add in some other unexpected expenses this year and I think we can only do 2 games. If I lived closer I would do the 4 pack in a heartbeat but its just a bit too much unfortunately.

So the question becomes which two? I am kind of thinking one early season to witness the team coming together and one at the end when (hopefully) we are on a roll. Tenessee and UCLA come to mind but I am tempted to pick a ****ty team for an increased chance at seeing a win. How is Utah projected this year?
I bought season tickets in august. They still call me asking to buy a mini plan. They are inept. Sorry rant over.

I'm always on the sunshine side with CU men's hoops.

So I went into this year thinking we'd outperform expectations (Tad always does). 20 wins and a 4-seed in the Pac-12 tourney was what I was thinking & hoping we could achieve.

But, to be honest, I lost confidence in that happening after Mason Faulkner decided to rescind his grad transfer and go to Louisville.

I lost confidence when I learned Quincy Allen would not play this year due to injury.

I lost confidence when I learned Javon Ruffin would not play this year due to injury.

I lost confidence when I saw Lawson Lovering go down for the year in late January just as he was turning the corner with his play.

I lost confidence when I learned that Elijah Parquet was hobbled in late January and then when he was shut down in early February.

Throw in that this was an extremely young team for CU and had all the disruptions with Covid - schedule disruptions & then 3-games per week road trips, illnesses to players & coaches, lack of fans, etc.

Somehow, this team achieved what I'd hoped for despite all that. There's a good argument that this was Tad's best coaching job.

#FireTad

I'm always on the sunshine side with CU men's hoops.

So I went into this year thinking we'd outperform expectations (Tad always does). 20 wins and a 4-seed in the Pac-12 tourney was what I was thinking & hoping we could achieve.

But, to be honest, I lost confidence in that happening after Mason Faulkner decided to rescind his grad transfer and go to Louisville.

I lost confidence when I learned Quincy Allen would not play this year due to injury.

I lost confidence when I learned Javon Ruffin would not play this year due to injury.

I lost confidence when I saw Lawson Lovering go down for the year in late January just as he was turning the corner with his play.

I lost confidence when I learned that Elijah Parquet was hobbled in late January and then when he was shut down in early February.

Throw in that this was an extremely young team for CU and had all the disruptions with Covid - schedule disruptions & then 3-games per week road trips, illnesses to players & coaches, lack of fans, etc.

Somehow, this team achieved what I'd hoped for despite all that. There's a good argument that this was Tad's best coaching job.

#FireTad
Why does it seem like most years we can call Tad's best coaching job? We keep doing it.

There are valid reasons for each but in the end it just illustrates exactly how good a coach and a man he is.

He wins and wins consistently. He either gets to the tourney or is building towards it.

And all of this with ZERO five star recruits, few top four star recruits. Quincy Allen may be the closest thing to a bona fide blue chipper. He isn't getting the one and done talent. He's done a great job developing guys but even his NBA guys weren't lottery picks and weren't locks to make their teams.

His players represent the university with class, they graduate, they are positive role models, and they still win 20 games or more a year.

Why does it seem like most years we can call Tad's best coaching job? We keep doing it.

There are valid reasons for each but in the end it just illustrates exactly how good a coach and a man he is.

He wins and wins consistently. He either gets to the tourney or is building towards it.

And all of this with ZERO five star recruits, few top four star recruits. Quincy Allen may be the closest thing to a bona fide blue chipper. He isn't getting the one and done talent. He's done a great job developing guys but even his NBA guys weren't lottery picks and weren't locks to make their teams.

His players represent the university with class, they graduate, they are positive role models, and they still win 20 games or more a year.
And players seem to have fun playing for him which can't be undervalued. As I said in another thread, no disparaging Tad will be allowed from here on out. Sure he'll screw up occassionally as every coach does, but the dude is easily on the same level as a McCartney in terms of legacy at this school. The moment he retires (hopefully not for another 15-20 years) they should name the damn court for him (Sorry Sox).

And players seem to have fun playing for him which can't be undervalued. As I said in another thread, no disparaging Tad will be allowed from here on out. Sure he'll screw up occassionally as every coach does, but the dude is easily on the same level as a McCartney in terms of legacy at this school. The moment he retires (hopefully not for another 15-20 years) they should name the damn court for him (Sorry Sox).
Nah. Keep it the Sox Walseth court. Rename the Events Center to Boyle Arena.

Back