What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookin ahead to 2021-22

Full men's preseason AP Top 25:​

1. Gonzaga
2. UCLA
3. Kansas
4. Villanova
5. Texas
6. Michigan
7. Purdue
8. Baylor
9. Duke
10. Kentucky
11. Illinois
12. Memphis
13. Oregon
14. Alabama
15. Houston
16. Arkansas
17. Ohio State
18. Tennessee
19. North Carolina
20. Florida State
21. Maryland
22. Auburn
23. St. Bonaventure
24. UConn
25. Virginia

Others receiving votes: Michigan State 87, Indiana 41, USC 30, Arizona 26, Virginia Tech 25, Oklahoma State 25, Xavier 22, Texas Tech 17, Richmond 13, Rutgers 11, Colorado State 11, LSU 7, Belmont 7, San Diego State 5, St. John's 5, Mississippi State 5, Syracuse 5, Drake 4, Colorado 4, BYU 3, Notre Dame 3, Louisville 3
I hope we get to catch the Rammies in the final of the Paradise Jam, kind of surprised to see them with more points in the poll than the Buffs.

I didn't realize Creighton had fallen off so much this year (which makes sense after the plantation comments last year)...makes it even more annoying that we lost Green to them

I didn't realize Creighton had fallen off so much this year (which makes sense after the plantation comments last year)...makes it even more annoying that we lost Green to them
They were senior heavy, had nothing to do with plantation comments. Zegarwoski, Bishop, Ballock all gone. Lost production is the reason they aren't thought of highly preseason. They have a ton of good young talent.

Updated roster with heights and weights.

Tristan went from 6'8 200 to 6'10 217
Luke went from 6'7 200 to 6'8 213
Jabari went from 6'8 200 to 6'9 215
Kee went from 6'2 163 to 6'2 171
Nique went from 6'5 175 to 6'6 191

Tad really hyping up Nique and Tristan from the media day!

Updated roster with heights and weights.

Tristan went from 6'8 200 to 6'10 217
Luke went from 6'7 200 to 6'8 213
Jabari went from 6'8 200 to 6'9 215
Kee went from 6'2 163 to 6'2 171
Nique went from 6'5 175 to 6'6 191

Tad really hyping up Nique and Tristan from the media day!
Frosh are not all that slight either. Not finished products but they all seem to be more filled out than we are used to.

I know the AllBuffs account retweeted this, but needed to post it here too. Tad calling out all the chumps that sold their tickets to ****ers.

The nebraska football game 2 years ago, when there was lots more red than black or gold, really made me sick. hope we never see that again.

How many college coahes can say 2 alumni are NBA head coaches? that has to help recruiting.

in 2014
Curious how many CU fans will pay the "going rate" for people's spare tickets.
Plenty.

to calibrate, in 2013, KU tix were going for $20 outside of the Events Center. That game was also a December Saturday, with KU ranked in the top 10 and CU unranked, so I think it's a fair data point of comparison.

I paid $20 outside the CEC maybe 10 minutes before tip. There were plenty being sold, but I didn't shop around.
GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I initially reacted emotionally at the suggested accusation of lying, but I'm lucid now. If my posting record on Allbuffs conveys to you a history of dishonesty, please elaborate.
Relax, it's tongue in cheek. No italics for GIFs.

I initially reacted emotionally at the suggested accusation of lying, but I'm lucid now. If my posting record on Allbuffs conveys to you a history of dishonesty, please elaborate.

You either have the best luck ever or the 5-10 people I all knew who were outside the stadium pre-game and couldn't find anything for under $100 are all the unluckiest people on Earth.

OK, the Da Silva discussion has been bothering me for a few weeks now. I realize in the world of sports message boards, there is no room between "Future Naismith Award Winner" and "Waste of Scholarship", but I'm nowhere near as high as a lot of posters are on him. For the record, I view him as a solid player who is a glue guy that should get rotation minutes off of the bench all four years here but never starts. I hope I'm wrong. It would be fun for him to be a starter and turn into a badass. I personally just don't see it. So with that disclaimer out of the way...

I was looking over his KenPom numbers. And honestly, except for a 7 game stretch (and really, it's a four game stretch with three "meh" games at the end), he was pretty generic. Which is what you expect from a freshman who wasn't highly recruited. But I feel like people are paying more attention to that 7 (4) game stretch than the other 20+ games. And I did this exercise with Dinwiddie after his freshman year to predict he was going to be a star (I have a 100% average so clearly this is FACT and you can't argue) so I figured I'd do the same thing with Da Silva because I don't want to work right now. I basically took the five "most comparable" players to him and figured out how they did the next year compared to the year that was most comparable for Da Silva. Again, small sample size and with these five there are a few other variables that cause it to be even more sporadic with predictions, but it could at least give us a guide. For those that don't have KenPom subscriptions, I shame you, but give you the five comps:

* Niels Giffey 2011 (UConn)
* Yavuz Gultekin 2020 (Texas A&M)
* Keith Smith 2017 (Oregon)
* Chris Jones 2014 (Pitt)
* Alex Illikainen 2016 (Wisconsin)

The two weird results, that may not change the results but are worth pointing out are that Gultekin transferred to San Diego for the follow up year, so he was going against lower quality competition and Jones jumped from 7.4 mpg to 27.4 mpg. Now, with all of that said, here's how the numbers jumped on average:

* %Min - 190%
* ORtg - 96.5%
* %Poss - 102%
* eFG% - 94%
* TS% - 94%
* Offensive Rebound% - 92%
* Defensive Rebound% - 121%
* Assist Rate - 109%
* TORate - 97%

TL;DR version - minutes went up a lot, but efficiency went down (which makes sense). Most of inefficiency comes from shooting %, but they got better passing the ball and not losing it and grabbing defensive rebounds. So with that, we would get the following numbers from Da Silva:

% Min​
ORtg​
Poss%​
eFG%​
TS%​
OR%​
DR%​
ARate​
TORate​
Da Silva ('20)17.398.216.756.957.34.59.26.924.5
Da Silva ('21*)32.994.817.053.753.64.111.17.623.8

So, in conclusion, there is nothing in the numbers to suggest that Da Silva is going to make the jump that people seem to be projecting. Doesn't mean it won't happen. Lord knows we've seen stranger things. But I feel like it's unfair to the kid to be putting these sorts of expectations on him. I think it's more likely that he ends up being a Chen - a kid who plays a few solid minutes and provides defense and maybe in his senior year ends up getting some quality minutes while never carrying the team.
Thank you! I've not understood the Da Silva lovefest either. Marginal athlete with good instincts.

Thank you! I've not understood the Da Silva lovefest either. Marginal athlete with good instincts.
Why is Tad hyping him up then? At 6'10 you don't have to be an amazing athlete. He has a similar body type , game and freshman season to Rosco Allen and Jaiden Delaire both went to Stanford.

1634750296108.png
1634750324891.png

Why can't he get there? Neither player above was an amazing 3 point shooter either. He has great bloodlines, his coach (whose known for development) loves him. Those last 7 games give optimism for that exact reason. They were the last 7 games of a season that he had to miss a good chunk of his freshman summer. Get acclimated to the culture, American game, etc and when he was thrust into a bigger role late in the year he did well! He will get a lot of run this year since Quincy is out. I agree he can still be a good role player for 4 years but to dismiss he has a possibility to do more is foolish at this point. I think the role player notion is his basement not his ceiling.

Maybe worthwhile of a separate thread, but curious about what the dollar figure would have to be per seat for you to sell your tickets to a KU fan. Given that people on this board are likely higher than the casual ticket holder, it will be telling.

And don't for one min say you would never sell it.... Everyone has a price, and if you are going to say something absurd, you have too much money and it might be time for you to step up to the plate as a bigger donor.

Maybe worthwhile of a separate thread, but curious about what the dollar figure would have to be per seat for you to sell your tickets to a KU fan. Given that people on this board are likely higher than the casual ticket holder, it will be telling.

And don't for one min say you would never sell it.... Everyone has a price, and if you are going to say something absurd, you have too much money and it might be time for you to step up to the plate as a bigger donor.
I buy tickets to attend games. This is the biggest game on the schedule. It is not some investment scheme.

I buy tickets to attend games. This is the biggest game on the schedule. It is not some investment scheme.
Disagree, everything is an investment scheme, you are just saying that you are investing your enjoyment of going to the game and value it over what perceived price you think you could get for your ticket.

This gets to my point, what is your value of enjoyment, and the follow up question of what would increase that value (better team, facilities, interacting, etc).

FWIW, I have not ever sold my extra tickets to opposing fans (although a few were not CU fans, which was odd), but I have been offered some rather ridiculous amounts from KU fans back in the day that made me start to question it.

I ended up not taking the offers prior to the ski shot game, as I figured it wasn't worth it to miss out on a lifetime memory, which I still agree with, but its a interesting thought exercise.

There have been a couple times where people adjacent to us have obvisously sold their tickets to opposing fans. The next game they return, they have definitely heard it from us.

Back