What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookin ahead to 2021-22

For reference, don't remember if it was 2010 or 2011, but I was offered $1,200 a ticket for my two seats while I was walking in. I constantly think about that, and if I should have taken it as we lost the game and it was generally un-memorable. But if I did that in 2013, I would have been very upset.

But yes, $5-10k is somewhere in the range that I would debate it, but I worry that the casual fan starts seeing tickets go in the $500-1k range, they will bolt to the Jayhawk.

Maybe worthwhile of a separate thread, but curious about what the dollar figure would have to be per seat for you to sell your tickets to a KU fan. Given that people on this board are likely higher than the casual ticket holder, it will be telling.

And don't for one min say you would never sell it.... Everyone has a price, and if you are going to say something absurd, you have too much money and it might be time for you to step up to the plate as a bigger donor.
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

I could’ve sold my four $70 each “Book of Mormon” tix for $400 each. As for sporting events, I could never sell my tickets for a spectacle event for profit.

Well maybe except for this. We had friends who had four Rockies season tickets behind home plate the year we went to the WS. They sold them to Boston fans for $4,000 each, or $16,000 per game. So they made $32,000 for the two games.

Edited. After thinking about it I realized I was too high at $16k per ticket.

Last edited:
I like our talent. I like our potential. I like our senior leadership.

But realistically, it's going to be impossible to replace Kin. Emotional leader, tone setter who dominated the ball and filled the stat sheet for 4 years.

Don't be surprised if we take a while to adjust to life without Kin.

I'd expect some bumps in the road this year and I'm excited to see what the finished product will be as we get into the final weeks of the Pac-12 schedule & P12 Tourney.

My tickets arrived yesterday electronically. No mention regarding buying extra KS tickets which was mentioned in previous posts. Has anyone received instructions on how to purchase them? Would be nice to have a loud CU crowd. I will definitely buy some and make sure they end with CU fans in the seats.

I like our talent. I like our potential. I like our senior leadership.

But realistically, it's going to be impossible to replace Kin. Emotional leader, tone setter who dominated the ball and filled the stat sheet for 4 years.

Don't be surprised if we take a while to adjust to life without Kin.

I'd expect some bumps in the road this year and I'm excited to see what the finished product will be as we get into the final weeks of the Pac-12 schedule & P12 Tourney.
Agreed, we'll step on our dick some. Gotta get to know the guys you're playing games with. Hopefully, it'll happen quickly, won't know that till things get going. Replacing Kin will take time.

My tickets arrived yesterday electronically. No mention regarding buying extra KS tickets which was mentioned in previous posts. Has anyone received instructions on how to purchase them? Would be nice to have a loud CU crowd. I will definitely buy some and make sure they end with CU fans in the seats.
Go on to Cubuffs.com and log in under tickets my account. Then go to buy single game tickets and you'll have the option to buy 4 Kansas tickets. That said, it goes open to the public tomorrow at 10 am.

Go on to Cubuffs.com and log in under tickets my account. Then go to buy single game tickets and you'll have the option to buy 4 Kansas tickets. That said, it goes open to the public tomorrow at 10 am.
Seriously? Already? Have the season ticket holders been given enough time yet?

That seems like a short window to get the tickets into season ticket holders’ hands. But with RG in charge I’m not surprised.

How much time do you need? 2 weeks seems pretty long, you either want more tickets or not. its not like you cannot buy them later, you just lost your early ability to buy tickets.

How much time do you need? 2 weeks seems pretty long, you either want more tickets or not. its not like you cannot buy them later, you just lost your early ability to buy tickets.
I don’t know. It would give people time to coordinate with others. What’s the rush? The AD has to know they’ll get sold real quick. Just seems like a quick turnaround.

if I'm looking at the ticket sale seat map correctly, there's exactly one ticket remaining for the KU game.

I don’t know. It would give people time to coordinate with others. What’s the rush? The AD has to know they’ll get sold real quick. Just seems like a quick turnaround.
Game has been on the schedule for quite a while, plenty of time to coordinate.

And, tickets are still available, and will continue to be available up to game time, you are just buying them at a lower price now.

Game has been on the schedule for quite a while, plenty of time to coordinate.

And, tickets are still available, and will continue to be available up to game time, you are just buying them at a lower price now.
I don't recall the email but thanks for the heads up here - I went on to buy and didn't see any left. Hopefully they went to CU fans. I don't think the communication was good on this one.

I can't find information on Covid policies for home hoops games.

1. based on signs I'm seeing at Folsom, I assume masks are required at the Events Center. can anyone whose been there for VB matches or other events this year speak to whether the mask policy is enforced?
2. I can't find any information on whether evidence of vaccine (or negative test) is required. Anyone know the deal with that?

just saw the exhibition game is this Wednesday! I really missed CU basketball games last year.

I can't find information on Covid policies for home hoops games.

1. based on signs I'm seeing at Folsom, I assume masks are required at the Events Center. can anyone whose been there for VB matches or other events this year speak to whether the mask policy is enforced?
2. I can't find any information on whether evidence of vaccine (or negative test) is required. Anyone know the deal with that?

just saw the exhibition game is this Wednesday! I really missed CU basketball games last year.
Masks are required, vaccine/negative test evidence is not.

I don't recall the email but thanks for the heads up here - I went on to buy and didn't see any left. Hopefully they went to CU fans. I don't think the communication was good on this one.
This was my frustration. Horrible communication from the AD once again.

This was my frustration. Horrible communication from the AD once again.

I am curious about this one, I got multiple emails (including one from Tad), and at least one phone call.

Not talking about season tickets, but also numerous Facebook/Twitter ads and clearly advertising during the last football game. Not quite sure what else they should do, maybe TV and radio ads (they may do this, but I am unlikeyl to see those).

What additional communication are you expecting? How should they reach out?

I am curious about this one, I got multiple emails (including one from Tad), and at least one phone call.

Not talking about season tickets, but also numerous Facebook/Twitter ads and clearly advertising during the last football game. Not quite sure what else they should do, maybe TV and radio ads (they may do this, but I am unlikeyl to see those).

What additional communication are you expecting? How should they reach out?
I’m not saying you’re wrong. I just don’t think anyone outside of the basketball offices cares if there’s a bunch of Kansas fans at the game. They just want the tickets sold.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I just don’t think anyone outside of the basketball offices cares if there’s a bunch of Kansas fans at the game. They just want the tickets sold.
there's probably some truth to that. In the eight years I've been following CU hoops, I think there's only been 3 - 4 sellouts. Revenue comes first.

Can you tell me how to transfer them to another person? My daughter is a CU frosh and there are games I can't make. Do you just forward it to them, like an email? thanks

there's probably some truth to that. In the eight years I've been following CU hoops, I think there's only been 3 - 4 sellouts. Revenue comes first.
Selling tickets to the KU game to only CU fans is possible. It just takes effort from the AD. They could’ve blitzed the students and sold them individually to them. They could’ve called all former season tickets holders and gave them access to the game after the current season tickets holders. I’m sure there’s many more ideas to help sell out the game and keep the event center black and gold, but we wouldn’t want to steal from the success happening in the “Champions” Center.

Back