What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Tad need to fix the class balance issue because there aren't any juniors on the current team? They have at least two open scholarships and most likely three. Do they take a grad transfer to ensure at least one opening for the loaded 2023 CO prep class? Do they even have a chance at Fall or Diop?

Tad has done well in the past holding on to a scholarship until the last possible moment. Are there any Millers getting fired this year?

Does Tad need to fix the class balance issue because there aren't any juniors on the current team? They have at least two open scholarships and most likely three. Do they take a grad transfer to ensure at least one opening for the loaded 2023 CO prep class? Do they even have a chance at Fall or Diop?

Tad has done well in the past holding on to a scholarship until the last possible moment. Are there any Millers getting fired this year?

I mean, that would be hilarious if Sean manages to get fired from Xavier after like a week, but probably not.

All Lovering really needs to do is add 20lbs of muscle, get a tad bit nastier and refine that jump hook of his this offseason and he easily becomes an automatic 8ppg/5rpg guy next season. Not hard at all.
I agree. Adding 20lbs is easy!

Probably not. Things have changed in hoops with frosh playing immediately, early departures to the league and the wild west that is the transfer landscape these days.

Probably not. Things have changed in hoops with frosh playing immediately, early departures to the league and the wild west that is the transfer landscape these days.
Agree. Class balance is a non-factor in basketball.

I would be surprised if Keshawn, KJ, and Hammond are all back next year. Seems like one of them will hit the portal.
I See You Nod GIF by Yellowstone

Sad that FM-Buff was right; will miss Kee, as he and KJ gave Tad the quick off-the-bench scorers that Tad loves so much. Javon Ruffin biggest Benefactor; ‘Kin-like Avery Brown too, if he signs. I’m praying for him.

Princeton’s Ethan Wright CU in-with, assuming is back-up option to Avery commitment in next month? I like that Wright looks like he may be OK w/ scoring spark off the bench role. Good Rbding numbers. Assume he has D; like someone else’s post.

Still think redshirting at least RJ (if not Julian too) helps program long-term. Including helps balance future year’s classes. But Avery, RJ & maybe Julian all have ability to develop Eli-type perimeter D by upperclass.

Love to hear Tristan is work-out hound, as I agree with posts that getting muscle-mass closer to his brother’s size-puts him in NBA conversation. Next up for NBA hype: Point Wing Nique and/or Sky-Is-Limit Quincy?

I like Swish’s point that we could use athleticism; that’s certainly 1 of Tad’s targets: athleticism that can D, Rbd, & shoot w/ IQ and team-first, high-character. Tad Ball players not as easy to find! But love ‘23 & ‘24 classes w/ some elite BigWings in West! Elite ‘24 Liam McNeeley unselfish Point/3-man? Cali’s Seven Bahati, James Evans, Noah Williams, Jayden Harper ‘24 CU targets?

Grad transfer/senior w/ 1 year of eligibility is great to keep spots for ‘23 open. But CU will be patient for future point guard & needed BigWing depth! & Resist transfer addiction: where you keep feeding your yearly fix!

Sad that FM-Buff was right; will miss Kee, as he and KJ gave Tad the quick off-the-bench scorers that Tad loves so much. Javon Ruffin biggest Benefactor; ‘Kin-like Avery Brown too, if he signs. I’m praying for him.

Princeton’s Ethan Wright CU in-with, assuming is back-up option to Avery commitment in next month? I like that Wright looks like he may be OK w/ scoring spark off the bench role. Good Rbding numbers. Assume he has D; like someone else’s post.

Still think redshirting at least RJ (if not Julian too) helps program long-term. Including helps balance future year’s classes. But Avery, RJ & maybe Julian all have ability to develop Eli-type perimeter D by upperclass.

Love to hear Tristan is work-out hound, as I agree with posts that getting muscle-mass closer to his brother’s size-puts him in NBA conversation. Next up for NBA hype: Point Wing Nique and/or Sky-Is-Limit Quincy?

I like Swish’s point that we could use athleticism; that’s certainly 1 of Tad’s targets: athleticism that can D, Rbd, & shoot w/ IQ and team-first, high-character. Tad Ball players not as easy to find! But love ‘23 & ‘24 classes w/ some elite BigWings in West! Elite ‘24 Liam McNeeley unselfish Point/3-man? Cali’s Seven Bahati, James Evans, Noah Williams, Jayden Harper ‘24 CU targets?

Grad transfer/senior w/ 1 year of eligibility is great to keep spots for ‘23 open. But CU will be patient for future point guard & needed BigWing depth! & Resist transfer addiction: where you keep feeding your yearly fix!
You lost me when you said, "redshirt Julian." You serious right now?

Tad is a development coach, if he tells a player you may only get 5-10 min/ game, or you can redshirt, so we can play you rotation minutes your senior year, and you'll be a year stronger for pro try-outs (which maybe overseas in Julian's case)- players are smart enough to know that's what they sign-up for with Tad.

If they sign Avery Brown or 1 another guard- and all guards stay health- I'm sure RJ and/ OR Julian will be offered that opportunity. Probably just one with Kee gone.

Interestingly, couple more bigs in Transfer Portal that Tad offered first time around: Georgetown's Jalin Billingsley (6'8 225 maybe Jabari-lite game) & K-States Carlton Linguard (6'11 200 Stretch 4/5). I don't think either have celling of '22 Bobi Klintman - after adds weight, maybe Jabari ceiling w/ better passing & ball-handing?

In article on Ethan Wright (Princeton transfer CU interested in) his coach says "defensive stopper, effort, contagious" hits an outside shot, & rebounds. Kind of sounds like Tad Boyle the player. I only vaguely remember Tad on Kansas, but I remember he brought an energy boost & shooting off the bench with solid D & Rbding.

Some of you may have only been a glint in your daddy's eyes back then!

"If they sign Avery Brown or 1 another guard- and all guards stay health- I'm sure RJ and/ OR Julian will be offered that opportunity. Probably just one with Kee gone."

Just to clarify my deep respect for Julian: He shot 50% from 3pt in HS, ran the offense at pt, & played solid D. I expect him to do the same things at D-1 level- if that's this next year, then yea, he's in the conversation for starters minutes right away. But if he keeps improving his D, Rding & being a spark on both sides of the ball, like we saw from him near the end of this year, -EVERY YEAR- then Julian is talking w/ Tad 3-4 years from now, about which pro-ball try-out's to attend! Luv him!

Maybe you can call me Lightning Dancer Luke? ...Or just that crazy middle-aged Luke?

Back in the '80s, most teams had at least 1 Wing at the end of the bench. The question was do you have a 3rd 7-footer or do you have a 3rd Pt Guard? Tad has always struck me as the type of coach that quickly took the 3rd point guard. Evidence below: CU in with '23 barely 6'0 Smurf Millender: always looking to have multiple-ball-handlers (ie: 2 point-guards) on the court at any time that you can be in constant attack with. Julian just has luxury of becoming a dual-threat: constant attack point-guard AND All-PAC-12-Defense-type. Just like Eli playing for a chance at that same dual-threat role in a pro-league somewhere! Good-luck Eli! & Kee!

Anyways, big-picture is our future Buffs are least 1 of: Avery Brown, Assane Diop, Gehrig Normand, Liam McNeeley. (Get 2-4 of these elite passers & boarding for "CU to the Final-4 Hype-Train" begins! Only thing missing is 1-2 of: Bobi Klintman, Baye Fall, Baye Ndongo, Carey Booth, Kayden Booth, Zayden High '24 Jacob Cofie.

But seriously, I don't see how realistic Sweet-16 talk doesn't become norm with our current team for next 2-3 years, minimum.

Psst, little secret: Baye Fall had CU on his lips when discussing his top options recently.... don't know for how long... just saying...

I am literally in-shock that Jabari's going for it this year! Wow! Good luck to him too!
I guess he needs to write it that way: like he's leaving. I have to assume that's his statement that he's testing waters.

I will continue to assume he's coming back (unlike what many CU fan's may need to tell themselves!). CAUSE the glass IS half-full!

I guess he needs to write it that way: like he's leaving. I have to assume that's his statement that he's testing waters.

I will continue to assume he's coming back (unlike what many CU fan's may need to tell themselves!). CAUSE the glass IS half-full!

I'm not even seeing him in second round mock draft boards

I'm not even seeing him in second round mock draft boards
We already did the dance on another board. He's been consistently mid second all year. Tad's players have also notoriously jumped up in the predraft process. Derrick White was potential second round until predraft process, Dre was too both went in the first. Tyler Bey was end of second to undrafted and went 36. Kin was not going to be drafted to maybe end of second value pick. George King same thing. You can go on and on, so if Jabari is mid second right now wouldn't be surprised if he was late first or beginning of second after predraft process.

49 on Sam Vecenie Big Board

39 on SI

do we think Jabari will test as well as Dre, Bey, and Derrick? he's much more of a skills guy vs a plus athleticism dude, which I suppose makes him a known entity compared to the upside that Dre and Bey had

do we think Jabari will test as well as Dre, Bey, and Derrick? he's much more of a skills guy vs a plus athleticism dude, which I suppose makes him a known entity compared to the upside that Dre and Bey had
Jabari is pretty darn athletic though too. Some of his blocks and put back dunks this year were not normal. Plus he's not in a big market. Like everyone's seen most of the LA players, East Coasters, etc in the predraft process he can get in front a lot of people who never saw a CU game this year. George King shot up more because of his shooting than athleticism too. IE Tyrell Terry from Stanford. Jabari also shot 34% from 3 this year compared to 50% as a freshman (he took twice as many 3's this year) so if he shoots well again in the predraft process that will help him.

Too many of those dudes in this draft. Not for selfish reasons, but he needs to stay. He's Top 12-15 next year if you look what the 2023 group looks like. Getting paid is one thing. Getting that level of pay and security is another.

What was the early season home game that had all those NBA scouts attend? iirc, the coach's son at a small school was the main guy they came to see, Jabari secondary, and Jabari put on a bit of a show.

Anyway, the point that leads into is that it only takes 1 team falling in love with you to jump up in the draft & there's every reason to believe that Jabari has had head-turning moments

What was the early season home game that had all those NBA scouts attend? iirc, the coach's son at a small school was the main guy they came to see, Jabari secondary, and Jabari put on a bit of a show.

Anyway, the point that leads into is that it only takes 1 team falling in love with you to jump up in the draft & there's every reason to believe that Jabari has had head-turning moments
Milwaukee. Pat Baldwin Jr. They basically had identical stats and both played fairly mediocre.

Too many of those dudes in this draft. Not for selfish reasons, but he needs to stay. He's Top 12-15 next year if you look what the 2023 group looks like. Getting paid is one thing. Getting that level of pay and security is another.
He ain't moving into the lottery, bro. He's not that level of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back