What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He ain't moving into the lottery, bro. He's not that level of player.
He didn’t say he was. 12 to 15 isn’t in the lottery. Now, I’m not sure what his status would be if he shows significant improvement. If he’s a projected 2nd rounder this year but could move into the first round next year, it’d be a tough decision, especially since nothing is guaranteed and predicting the future is, at best, an educated guess.

Last edited:
He didn’t say he was. 12 to 15 isn’t in the lottery. Now, I’m not sure what his status would be if he shows significant improvement. If he’s a projected 2nd rounder this year but could move into the first round next year, it’d be a tough decision, especially since nothing is guaranteed and predicting the future is, at best, an educated guess.
Picks 12, 13 and 14 are lottery picks.

Picks 12, 13 and 14 are lottery picks.

Yup

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Not saying this selfishly for the team’s sake, but he really should come back. Second round picks can get lost in the shuffle.

McKinley wasn't drafted and is due to make $2 million over his first two years. Jabari's only decision is whether he stands to increase his first contract sufficiently to warrant taking another year without getting paid.

McKinley wasn't drafted and is due to make $2 million over his first two years. Jabari's only decision is whether he stands to increase his first contract sufficiently to warrant taking another year without getting paid.
In NBA terms though, Kin's contract is jack sh!t and jack just left town. It's all relative.

In NBA terms though, Kin's contract is jack sh!t and jack just left town. It's all relative.
Sure, but that doesn't negate my point. Does delaying his professional debut for one year gain Jabari more money in his initial contract than he gives up during that year? I don't know the answer, and in some ways it's not really answerable, but it's still the only logical basis for his decision.

The 2023 draft is WAY more talented than the 2022 one.

Very few players improve their stock enough to offset the fact that they are viewed as "older" in NBA teams eyes.

Gotta get that first contract going so you can get a real one.

For all of these reasons, I'll be thrilled if he comes back but he needs to go.

Well, either way for Jabari, it's not a bad problem to have. He is going make money playing basketball - that's a given.

Very few players improve their stock enough to offset the fact that they are viewed as "older" in NBA teams eyes.

Thanks for educating me. I had no clue how next year’s talent compared to this year’s. That is a big part of the calculation for Jabari. I assume the committee that advises players also considers that.

30 teams. The 16 who qualify for the playoffs are outside the lottery.

So 14 picks now. I expect expansion to Seattle & Las Vegas before long which will expand the lottery to 16.
where are you hearing this? expansion at this point is really surprising to me. I've watched more NBA last three years than in the 20 years previous, and there's a lot of teams with really poor attendance (which I assume correlates to poor TV ratings as well). Even if Seattle and LV can support teams better than some of the current NBA cities do, moving to those locations seemingly makes a lot more sense than expansion.

edit: I guess the Covid effect is probably still a thing and maybe the last three years of attendance data isn't that relevant. nevertheless, I'm still surprised the NBA would look to expansion

where are you hearing this? expansion at this point is really surprising to me. I've watched more NBA last three years than in the 20 years previous, and there's a lot of teams with really poor attendance (which I assume correlates to poor TV ratings as well). Even if Seattle and LV can support teams better than some of the current NBA cities do, moving to those locations seemingly makes a lot more sense than expansion.

edit: I guess the Covid effect is probably still a thing and maybe the last three years of attendance data isn't that relevant. nevertheless, I'm still surprised the NBA would look to expansion
Nothing imminent, but it will happen. Speculation is that it happens after the next media deal is finalized. In franchise fees, it could be over $150M in each owner's pocket that doesn't have to be shared with players.

Pulling me out of my Avery grief: Bobi Klintman was in town! OK, so we go big!

Bobi is 6’9 guard that needs to get stronger. He & Quincy can be our 2 guards; w/ Fall & Ndongo at 4; High & Betts at 3; and Diop & Normand can be our point guards! Yes!

Will you stop making sense, just pisses me off more.

So, we're assuming that Klintmann and Wright are being added, with the last scholarship being used on a replacement for Jabari or Jabari himself (maybe). The lineup looks like:

PG: K.J. Simpson
SG: Nique Clifford
SF: Tristan Da Silva
PF: Jabari Walker/Replacement
C: Lawson Lovering

Bench: Ethan Wright
Bench: Quincy Allen
Bench: Julian Hammond
Bench: Bobi Klintmann
Bench: Javon Ruffin
Bench: Joe Hurlburt
Bench: RJ Smith

Who am I missing? Is this a realistic expectation?

So, we're assuming that Klintmann and Wright are being added, with the last scholarship being used on a replacement for Jabari or Jabari himself (maybe). The lineup looks like:

You are missing Luke.

I assume the potential addition of Wright means RJ is going to red shirt.

My early guess is:

G- Simpson
G- Wright
G/F- Clifford
F- Da Silva
C- Lovering

Grad transfer big will come off the bench unless Jabari stays. If so, then the lineup is straightforward.

G- Simpson
G- Clifford
F- Da Silva
F- Jabari
C- Lovering

I think it's close, but if Jabari comes back, I think he starts at the 5 with Lovering still coming off the bench.

PG: Simpson, Hammond
SG: Wright, Allen, Ruffin, Smith
SF: Clifford, Allen, Klintman, O'Brien
PF: Da Silva, Walker, O'Brien, Hurlburt
C: Walker, Lovering, Hurlburt

I think that's a realistic Depth chart. Also, I wouldn't necessarily read into it, but Klintman is wearing zero in his visit pics. Maybe O'Brien is looking to transfer? Maybe they just put zero on everyone? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back