What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Loyola Marymount (CA) Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Boulder, Wednesday, 12/4, 8:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

Well, the last 10 minutes, we played better defense. Made our FTs. Bey finally showed up. Offense still looks like dog****. Next 2 games really show us what we have.

That was the worst 35 minutes of Tyler Bey's CU career. He got owned by 0. He finally showed up in the last five. The entire team looked flat and out of sorts, but a win is a win. Kansas here come the Buffs.

Well, they won. Hope they show up vs kansas wright and Scott balling hard 2nd half, good contest. Beat kansas.

I know we are better than we’ve played the last few games. Way better.

Waiting for Tad. It’ll be interesting to hear his take. That is if KOA doesn’t cut to scheduled programming. Which the do sometimes.

Tad says some guys are feeling sorry for themselves. Said tonight was the old Tyler Bey and “we want the new Tyler Bey.” Said Bey hasn’t practiced well.

Play like ****. Win by 12. And still you whine. This team will win a lot of games.
We win by 12 cuz they fouled us like 10 times in the last 2 minutes ... and we made them. This game was undecided until about a minute left. Have you watched the last 2 games? We play like that against anybody in the P12 (besides maybe WSU) and we lose by 20.

7-0

The positives tonight were Schwartz and Kountz finding confidence.

And we won.

Says a lot that the team can play that badly against a team that played great... and still win by 12.

But -26 in the paint? 18/9 on TO/AST? That’s horrible.

Hopefully they put it together on Saturday.

Last edited:
this team is about #40 in the nation, if that.
it really seemed we had no offensive plan, while they were fine-tuned and focused with their strategy.
MW, like last year, seems 5 - 10% off his game.

the kizla story spoke of the police raiding MW's home when he was 8, taking away his dad in cuffs - ending up doing 8 or 9 years in prison. daily letters or calls, lots of love

The game really changed when Schwartz hit the transition 3 towards the end to break the tie. That was a really big shot when the game was very much in doubt. Schwartz is now shooting 52% from 3 on 4 attempts per game, he's a big reason why this team is at 7-0.

Tad using this game as a teaching moment. He’s also hinting that guys who don’t start performing will lose playing time.

Most concerning to me is that we don't seem to have guys who can finish at the rim other than Battey. Bey, despite all his explosiveness, doesn't seem to have a move such as a pump fake, and throws up some wild-looking, off-balanced garbage down low. Outside shots weren't falling last night.

Had confidence throughout that we’d right the ship. LMU wasn’t going to shoot 58% all game and we weren’t going to shoot 39% all game. Bey with the big block on Eli Scott after Scott had his way with him most of the game was good to see. Battey was key in slowing Scott down too.

Down 43-34, finish on a 42 to 21 run. I’ll take the W in what feels like a game we’d either drop or take down to the wire with missed free throws in past years.

Bey’s worst game of the year so just gonna write it off as an anomaly.

Schwartz has been huge so far, good to see Kountz make some plays. Siewert had a big 3 while we were getting back into it.

Sloppy play for most of it but could’ve been worse. Expect to see a different team on Saturday.

We win by 12 cuz they fouled us like 10 times in the last 2 minutes ... and we made them. This game was undecided until about a minute left. Have you watched the last 2 games? We play like that against anybody in the P12 (besides maybe WSU) and we lose by 20.
Meh. For whatever reason, Tad's teams are turnover prone. It's frustrating, but it easily changes with concentration. They'll be concentrating Saturday.

it was fun to watch a ranked Buff team play on tv, even if they didn't play that great.

Kansas is going to have to have a bad game at home for us to get a win there.

Losing on the road to a top 10 team is a lot better than losing to Loyola Marymount at home, though.
Maybe I’m hoping instead of being rational, but I’ll bet we see a different Buff’s team on Saturday.

Theyve played tight all year. They don't look like they are having any fun. It appears to me that the boys struggling with the high expectations. And so is Tad. It looks to me like every kid is over thinking. Let them just roll out and play. He said him self he had a quick hook. But he’s had it all year.
This is easily my favorite Buffs teams since Chauncey. But it seems to just let them roll a little bit.

They out-athleted LMU. That won’t happen against Kansas. Kin, Bey, Battey and Schwartz all need to have great games to win that one. It can happen, but we haven’t seen this team put it all together yet this year. Let’s hope the trip helps get their focus a little sharper. Sometimes it’s easy to get sloppy at home.

Back