What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Kennedy new, but soon to be old CU President - Official CU president Thread

My grades in high school reflected that attendance and busywork were a huge chunk. I blew off stuff that wasted my time, so my grades suffered. The system is designed that way so that students of average or lower intelligence can succeed or at least graduate without mastering the material. I check out if not challenged.

I had very high test scores. Once I was put into a college environment where my grade was best on a couple tests or papers a semester to show mastery of material, I got great grades.
I can totally relate to this.

Well, except for the good grades at CU part.

I think that’s unfair.
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Lucero, a former Regent, and the other author nail it. A partisan political move by the dishonest BFA, in coordination with new Board control by Democrats. The BFA had no problem dishonestly and deceitfully resorting to character assassination to terminate Kennedy. Standard tactics of the left - the new President will need to pass an unspoken political litmus test approved by the BFA and BOR.
You really cling to that “right is always good, left is always bad” thing, huh? I don’t have an informed opinion on Kennedy but doesn’t it seem odd to suggest that character assassinations are a standard tactic of the left? trump is the leader of the right, and he can’t go 2 sentences without a character assassination, including many on his own team. I feel like I’m pointing out the obvious, but isn’t it intellectually dishonest to suggest that it is a standard tactic of only the left?

You really cling to that “right is always good, left is always bad” thing, huh? I don’t have an informed opinion on Kennedy but doesn’t it seem odd to suggest that character assassinations are a standard tactic of the left? trump is the leader of the right, and he can’t go 2 sentences without a character assassination, including many on his own team. I feel like I’m pointing out the obvious, but isn’t it intellectually dishonest to suggest that it is a standard tactic of only the left?
in fairness, he didn't say it was a tactic of only the left. he did only say it was a tactic of the left, however. nuanced wording but significant difference in meaning.

in fairness, he didn't say it was a tactic of only the left. he did only say it was a tactic of the left, however. nuanced wording but significant difference in meaning.
This is an example of needing to consider context. As I mentioned, every post I’ve seen of his/hers reflects a world view of the left being universally bad and the right being universally good. So I take his/her comment about it being a tactic of the left, being only the left. I’m happy to be corrected by 223 on that.

@hokiehead not sure why the dislike. Was somewhat of a joking comment, but at the same time, I don’t feel like you need to go out of your way to assume 233 is acting in good faith with nuance to his/her post. His/her history on this site suggests you are giving the botd when it’s not warranted

@hokiehead not sure why the dislike. Was somewhat of a joking comment, but at the same time, I don’t feel like you need to go out of your way to assume 233 is acting in good faith with nuance to his/her post. His/her history on this site suggests you are giving the botd when it’s not warranted
I'm neither giving the BOTD nor am I making the assumptions that Spiff is. I'm taking his wording literal, for exactly the reasons illustrated by this discussion -- making conjecture takes the responsibility of resulting error on the listener/reader whereas taking statements literally keeps responsivity for any error on the speaker/writer.

I'm neither giving the BOTD nor am I making the assumptions that Spiff is. I'm taking his wording literal, for exactly the reasons illustrated by this discussion -- making conjecture takes the responsibility of resulting error on the listener/reader whereas taking statements literally keeps responsivity for any error on the speaker/writer.
The onus is on the poster to demonstrate what he means if it isn’t clear. 233 has made it abundantly clear that he is not an objective, moderate thinker willing to condemn modern day Conservative thinking or the Republican Party

I don’t know why I’m doing this, but ok. For the sake of argument, let’s take context completely out of it. Read the words, connect the dots.

- A partisan political move by the dishonest BFA
- The BFA had no problem dishonestly and deceitfully resorting to character assassination to terminate Kennedy.
- Standard tactics of the left.

So it’s partisan. And this partisan group resorted to character assassination. And this is a standard tactic of the left.

How could any reasonable person not come to the conclusion that I did? And again, if 223 wants to clarify that character assassinations are also a standard tactic of the right, then I’m happy change my opinion of his/her statement.

I don’t know why I’m doing this, but ok. For the sake of argument, let’s take context completely out of it. Read the words, connect the dots.

- A partisan political move by the dishonest BFA
- The BFA had no problem dishonestly and deceitfully resorting to character assassination to terminate Kennedy.
- Standard tactics of the left.

So it’s partisan. And this partisan group resorted to character assassination. And this is a standard tactic of the left.

How could any reasonable person not come to the conclusion that I did? And again, if 223 wants to clarify that character assassinations are also a standard tactic of the right, then I’m happy change my opinion of his/her statement.
I like to think I'm a reasonable person, but certainly many will disagree with that.

my (different than yours) conclusion is that the poster probably wanted the reader to jump to the conclusion you did, but worded his post so that a literal interpretation was correct and could be justified.

Lucero, a former Regent, and the other author nail it. A partisan political move by the dishonest BFA, in coordination with new Board control by Democrats. The BFA had no problem dishonestly and deceitfully resorting to character assassination to terminate Kennedy. Standard tactics of the left - the new President will need to pass an unspoken political litmus test approved by the BFA and BOR.

"What is certain is that the termination of Mark Kennedy is a political act, and the faculty, to their shame, aided that effort."

"That’s right: to censure a system leader installed 21 months ago, Boulder faculty discussed (then elided) longstanding trends on its own campus!"

"And in 2017, Boulder ranked last among PAC-12 schools for ethnic diversity, with Black and Latinx students badly underrepresented compared to Colorado’s demographics."

"The censure resolution, so strangely linked to the Regents’ decision to terminate the president, is a partisan act—an attempt to cancel a university leader for his political leanings and a shameful reminder that politicizing the academy weakens higher education."
It’s a crappy job and a mob hit removal, but his resume will be helped by the fact that CU is a larger gig than the Univ of North Dakota. So at the end of the day his time at CU will likely benefit his career. Such are the machinations in the strange world of “Education”.....

It’s a crappy job and a mob hit removal, but his resume will be helped by the fact that CU is a larger gig than the Univ of North Dakota. So at the end of the day his time at CU will likely benefit his career. Such are the machinations in the strange world of “Education”.....
Crappy job? CU-B is one of the top 60 research universities in the world, Anschutz is a high-growth and respected research hospital, and the D & CS campuses are both good schools in boom cities.

The question I've always had, given the above, is how a guy like Kennedy was even a candidate in the first place?

Crappy job? CU-B is one of the top 60 research universities in the world, Anschutz is a high-growth and respected research hospital, and the D & CS campuses are both good schools in boom cities.

The question I've always had, given the above, is how a guy like Kennedy was even a candidate in the first place?

The "washed-up politico" route is not one I'd recommend.

Back