What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB - Change & Commitment for 2023-24

So, LL is going to Utah. Apparently he played club ball in SLC and liked it there.

I think him dumping on CU and Tad makes it clear he's a jerk. I hope he has an injury-free, lousy career.

add: Given that he just announced a few days ago, that we just had a weekend, and that a lot of people in college ball are caught up with the Tourney, I'm wondering if this wasn't a done deal some time ago.

Last edited:
So, LL is going to Utah. Apparently he played club ball in SLC and liked it there.

I think him dumping on CU and Tad makes it clear he's a jerk. I hope he has an injury-free, lousy career.

add: Given that he just announced a few days ago, that we just had a weekend, and that a lot of people in college ball are caught up with the Tourney, I'm wondering if this wasn't a done deal some time ago.

Did LL publicly dump on CU/Tad? I didn’t see that anywhere.

Did LL publicly dump on CU/Tad? I didn’t see that anywhere.
I didn't say "publicly"

By totally surprising Tad, giving him no warning, no chance to plan ahead - just walking off, after all the support he was given (by most), I think he crapped on Tad, his teammates, CU and the fans.

Tad:

“It was a shock and surprise and I’m still scratching my head a little bit,” Boyle said. “But we’re moving forward. For 24 hours, I was down in the dumps. I was disappointed. I was shocked. Name the emotion, I had it. But today I’m fine. We’re going to be fine. The University of Colorado is a great place to go to school. It’s a great place to play basketball. It’s our job to go out and find somebody who can come in and help us compete for and win championships. That’s what we’re going to do.”

I didn't say "publicly"

By totally surprising Tad, giving him no warning, no chance to plan ahead - just walking off, after all the support he was given (by most), I think he crapped on Tad, his teammates, CU and the fans.

Tad:

“It was a shock and surprise and I’m still scratching my head a little bit,” Boyle said. “But we’re moving forward. For 24 hours, I was down in the dumps. I was disappointed. I was shocked. Name the emotion, I had it. But today I’m fine. We’re going to be fine. The University of Colorado is a great place to go to school. It’s a great place to play basketball. It’s our job to go out and find somebody who can come in and help us compete for and win championships. That’s what we’re going to do.”
There is also good reason to believe that at the time Mr. Lovering tweeted about CU fans being deplorable to them at breakfast (since deleted), the decision to transfer to Utah had long been decided. While I give Lawson credit for continuing to play hard and continuing to be team focused in his style of play, he had both feet out the door for at least a month (allegedly).

Nique on the other hand pouted, didn't do what he needed to do to fit in, then his family burns bridges on the way out.
Umm. Nobody on the team pouted more than LL. I’m not saying had an impact on effort or anything, but he regularly pouted following his own flubs. So much do that my mom came home after two different games and mentioned how weird it was that he did exactly that.

I’m not going to hold the players’ families against them, when I always saw them act like good teammates on the floor.

I always supported both LL and NC, but at least in the area around my seat, fans were much harder on Nique than Lawson over the last 2 years. While I don’t doubt LL getting **** from a fan or fans off the court (Interestingly, I actually saw him with his family at breakfast last year at Snooze, I believe the morning after his last home game before injury, and nobody even said a word to him), I feel like that kind of treatment, assuming it’s true, will only get more commonplace around the country with college players getting paid through NIL deals, especially by collectives.

For me, I’m most frustrated with being a season ticket holder watching the growing pains of a physically understrong 😉 big man for two years, and not seeing the payoff of a more physically developed man in another year or two.

Nique showed such athletic prowess that I was constantly waiting for him to show his skills on a consistent basis, which never happened.

I feel like Tad is ready to go all in, and I’m excited to move on from this season and hopefully witness a special season next year!

Sorry to quote Mtn with another Mtn length post, but I needed to get this off of my chest. That’s not a slight to Mtn, as I’ve actually been enjoying most of his posts as of late.

Umm. Nobody on the team pouted more than LL. I’m not saying had an impact on effort or anything, but he regularly pouted following his own flubs. So much do that my mom came home after two different games and mentioned how weird it was that he did exactly that.

I’m not going to hold the players’ families against them, when I always saw them act like good teammates on the floor.

I always supported both LL and NC, but at least in the area around my seat, fans were much harder on Nique than Lawson over the last 2 years. While I don’t doubt LL getting **** from a fan or fans off the court (Interestingly, I actually saw him with his family at breakfast last year at Snooze, I believe the morning after his last home game before injury, and nobody even said a word to him), I feel like that kind of treatment, assuming it’s true, will only get more commonplace around the country with college players getting paid through NIL deals, especially by collectives.

For me, I’m most frustrated with being a season ticket holder watching the growing pains of a physically understrong 😉 big man for two years, and not seeing the payoff of a more physically developed man in another year or two.

Nique showed such athletic prowess that I was constantly waiting for him to show his skills on a consistent basis, which never happened.

I feel like Tad is ready to go all in, and I’m excited to move on from this season and hopefully witness a special season next year!

Sorry to quote Mtn with another Mtn length post, but I needed to get this off of my chest. That’s not a slight to Mtn, as I’ve actually been enjoying most of his posts as of late.
Different perceptions (and that's perfectly okay,) I didn't see much of what you are talking about with LL but I can also understand being frustrated with your own game when you aren't doing the things you want to do or believe you should be able to do.

It's different when your pouting is aimed at your coach and your teammates because you aren't being the focus that you think you should be. I saw NC demonstrate negative attitudes towards others and it impacted his play.

Neither is desirable and all things considered it is probably best for them and the team that both are moving on but I can give a little more understanding and empathy towards LL.

There is also good reason to believe that at the time Mr. Lovering tweeted about CU fans being deplorable to them at breakfast (since deleted), the decision to transfer to Utah had long been decided. While I give Lawson credit for continuing to play hard and continuing to be team focused in his style of play, he had both feet out the door for at least a month (allegedly).
Didn’t dawn on me until I read that last part that there’s a chance (not saying it’s true but a chance) LL came alive vs UVU because he wanted to show out for his new team or the transfer portal. Ugh.

May have been posted before.
Would 5 star Ware fit in at CU? Tad was his coach on the USA, U18 team last year.

Someone much smarter than myself pointed out to me today that Rooney has been talking about this a bit. There might be smoke there.

Someone much smarter than myself pointed out to me today that Rooney has been talking about this a bit. There might be smoke there.
Rooney has said he is pretty sure TdS is not leaving. If we could land Ware, we will be loaded.
To me, this is one of those situations where the fact CU has CP, may help out another sport. CP has made CU a cool place again. And Ware might have a better view of CU, because of that

On the spectrum of fans, I'm probably toward the more hardcore CU basketball fans, but on the spectrum of this site I'm probably more on the casual side of things. My view is that if Ware were to somehow commit to CU and there was no further attrition, this would be the most talented roster with the most potential in modern CU history... by maybe an order of magnitude, right?

On the spectrum of fans, I'm probably toward the more hardcore CU basketball fans, but on the spectrum of this site I'm probably more on the casual side of things. My view is that if Ware were to somehow commit to CU and there was no further attrition, this would be the most talented roster with the most potential in modern CU history... by maybe an order of magnitude, right?
It would be unprecedented to have 2 McDonald's AAs on the same team. Plus 4* guys, starting with KJ, and then "no star" guys like TDS and hopefully Knecht who have established themselves as great college players. Next year's team could be loaded to the point where we have a reasonable chance to beat anyone on any court.

Guess Tad now being the two time Head coach for Team USA 19U squad is getting him some pull.

How does Bronny fit in with already having the top guard in the country on board for USC?
Dad plays in LA. I think that matters for Bronny's 1 year of college ball. And the crazy thing - USC could promise a starting job and I don't think we can.

How about a package deal! Bronny for 1-2 years, coupled with LeBron bringing the Nuggets a ring over the next 1-2 years.

Rooney said this today:

"Still not certain on the entirety of his reasons, but I'm hearing that Lovering just didn't feel like he was developing the way he wanted here".

But, he also said LL was a very hard worker in practices. Makes little sense to me.

Rooney said this today:

"Still not certain on the entirety of his reasons, but I'm hearing that Lovering just didn't feel like he was developing the way he wanted here".

But, he also said LL was a very hard worker in practices. Makes little sense to me.
Whatever the reasons, sometimes a change of scenery is better for both parties. It doesn't need to make sense to anybody but him really. Rest easy, it's not like we are losing Wilt Chamberlain or something. :D

How about a package deal! Bronny for 1-2 years, coupled with LeBron bringing the Nuggets a ring over the next 1-2 years.
Bronny probably has a better chance of bringing the Buffs a Final Four than LeBron has of bringing the Nuggets a title or even a conference championship.

It isn't as if the Lakers are totally devoid of talent. Things haven't worked there and part is on LBJ.

If LBJ is on your team that means that LBJ is controlling the ball. You want to take the ball out of Jokic's hands and make him a secondary player?

Bronny on the other hand is still young and flexible in what his role is. The Buffs last year had talent but how often did we wish they had somebody who would step forward as a leader, somebody who would set a tone.

Bronny probably has a better chance of bringing the Buffs a Final Four than LeBron has of bringing the Nuggets a title or even a conference championship.

It isn't as if the Lakers are totally devoid of talent. Things haven't worked there and part is on LBJ.

If LBJ is on your team that means that LBJ is controlling the ball. You want to take the ball out of Jokic's hands and make him a secondary player?

Bronny on the other hand is still young and flexible in what his role is. The Buffs last year had talent but how often did we wish they had somebody who would step forward as a leader, somebody who would set a tone.
I strongly dislike Lebron. Hypothetically Lebron joining the Nuggets with Jokic next year would make them the title favorites by a wide margin. Even at this stage in his career Lebron is one of the top 6 or 7 players in the world. The Lakers stink because Lebron is a terrible GM, and the surrounding talent on that team stinks. I drink all the Lebron haterade, but you're crazy.

Yeah… no MTN. Just no.

I strongly dislike Lebron. Hypothetically Lebron joining the Nuggets with Jokic next year would make them the title favorites by a wide margin. Even at this stage in his career Lebron is one of the top 6 or 7 players in the world. The Lakers stink because Lebron is a terrible GM, and the surrounding talent on that team stinks. I drink all the Lebron haterade, but you're crazy.
I have actually come to appreciate LeBron, I don't hate the guy.

You are right about him being one of the top players in the world. He can't do it over full games like he used to but he is still one of the most dominant players not only currently but in history, to be his size with his skills and his attitude towards the game.

That said the media would love it but putting him on the Nuggets would be a disaster. This team runs through Jokic, it is assembled to compliment Joker's game and they do it very well. Put LeBron on this team and the ball is no longer in Jokic's hands, the cuts and the spacing become worthless as LBJ is dominating the ball.

Remember "Not just one, not just two, not just three. . . . ."Everybody thought LeBron going to Miami would be a dynasty. Then back to Cleveland, then on to LA. As good as he is it has to work with the others on the floor with him. Don't see him making the Nuggets a better team. Not in any way diminishing him as an individual player but don't see it working as a team.

I'm not a LeBron guy, MJ is the GOAT imho. That said, him and Joker on the same team would be ****ing scary. LeBron is top 2 or 3 all time easy, some say the GOAT. The way him and Joker both play the game, good luck with that.

You don’t think that two of the best passers and court vision / basketball IQ guys in the damn world could find a way to work together?

Back