What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread - Pac-12 Tourney: Buffs vs. the Cougs

Crazy that we will win this game. down 19 in the first half, winning by 10ish. Epitomizes this team.

KILL THE KATS.

Flash to next season... The top scorer in this game who is not a Sr. is King, with 5 points. YIKES!

Yeah, it's a little scary. At the start of this season, I was thinking that Dom would improve and be ready to take a huge role next season. I guess by now he is who he is, and even if he makes a decent jump next year, he still won't be White. But...Namon Wright hopefully will fill the role with King as a scorer. I also think Tory could be much better in the post - he has good body control and athleticism...wish he'd put it together more.

GO BUFFS! GREAT WIN! Damn White is great.

Great pass by Fortune to XJ for that dunk. I know a lot of you hate XJ, but I've always thought he was a fine player - he is who he is.

Speaking for myself only ... it's never been a hate thing re XJ ... just disappointment. The man has so much physical talent, which he only displays IMO on occasions when he feels like it. That's not the making of a truly great player.

He can learn a lot from DW ... who if the NBA scouts don't have their collective heads up their asses, will be a fairly high draft choice. Meanwhile IMO XJ will be lucky to wind up playing in a decent European league ... at least until he gets his **** together.

Just about everyone was bummed last year because the expected XJ to leave.

Survive and advance, I guess.

We can win tomorrow, but the team has to show up and play 40 minutes.

For the love of God, just play 40 minutes.

as i have developed an irrational white hot hatred for arizona bb, mostly, without paying too much attention to bb in general, i will be glued to the tv again tomorrow night. it would be nice if we could not shat the bed to start every game i have watched, regardless of quality of opponent.

Speaking for myself only ... it's never been a hate thing re XJ ... just disappointment. The man has so much physical talent, which he only displays IMO on occasions when he feels like it. That's not the making of a truly great player.

He can learn a lot from DW ... who if the NBA scouts don't have their collective heads up their asses, will be a fairly high draft choice. Meanwhile IMO XJ will be lucky to wind up playing in a decent European league ... at least until he gets his **** together.

I'm not comparing their talent so don't look at that comparison but XJ reminds me a lot of Carmelo Anthony. He has some physical talents that let him do things that make you say "Wow." He is strong enough and skilled enough that he can get a shot that he should make almost anytime he wants against whoever he wants.

When he wants to he can dominate on defense and on the boards. The problem though is that when he is out there it is almost like there are three teams on the floor, the opponent, the rest of the Buffs, and XJ doing his own thing. He gets lazy, he stops the ball, he takes a bad shot instead of working for or passing for a good one.

Carmello's NBA teams have never matched his raw ability, seems like XJ's teams have never played to his raw ability either. Frustrating to watch.

I'm sure an AZ thread will start soon but I'll put this here. It will take a miracle for us to beat Arizona.

I'm sure an AZ thread will start soon but I'll put this here. It will take a miracle for us to beat Arizona.

Did you know that we only lost to them by 9 on the road while the Buffs were in the midst of that mid-season slump?

Turned on MJ Radio when I left choir practice, was at half. Heard a hint it was bad news and lots of hopes and wishes. Second half tips and Mark screams "right between the eyes" (shot by Dom).... and it was on. Tadball ensued and we ended well. Better have full game effort tonight vs zona.

First half buffs played like the team that started conference play 0-7. Second half buffs played like the team that finished 8-3.

L Buff, this is going to come across as me singling you out but I don't mean it that way. I just keep seeing a lot of sentiment in regards to this on the board/twitter about XJ and while there are some reasons to be disappointed in him (we all wish he was more of a leader and not a numbskull), when you talk about his performance on the court - we have very little reason to complain. Here's an example from a discussion I had on twitter last week:

Player A is XJ this year
Player B is King last year
Player C is King this year

When you factor in that XJ is a much better defender than King, it just confuses me why GK is beloved by most of this fanbase and XJ is hated. Simple fact is that XJ is the second best player on this team this year - and there's not even a discussion. Hell, even Adam Butler - who is not a fan of XJ at all - gave him props and mentioned him as someone who was deserving to be in the discussion for the All-Pac-12 team.

I get he rubs some people the wrong way, and yeah - he and Wes ****ed up bad this year by getting suspended - but I just don't get the hate he gets.

L Buff, this is going to come across as me singling you out but I don't mean it that way. I just keep seeing a lot of sentiment in regards to this on the board/twitter about XJ and while there are some reasons to be disappointed in him (we all wish he was more of a leader and not a numbskull), when you talk about his performance on the court - we have very little reason to complain. Here's an example from a discussion I had on twitter last week:

Player A is XJ this year

When you factor in that XJ is a much better defender than King, it just confuses me why GK is beloved by most of this fanbase and XJ is hated. Simple fact is that XJ is the second best player on this team this year - and there's not even a discussion. Hell, even Adam Butler - who is not a fan of XJ at all - gave him props and mentioned him as someone who was deserving to be in the discussion for the All-Pac-12 team.

I get he rubs some people the wrong way, and yeah - he and Wes ****ed up bad this year by getting suspended - but I just don't get the hate he gets.

I think XJ does a good job of going with the flow and letting opportunities come to him. He has never really been a player to force the issue and take over a game. He has shown flashes of being that player, and then seems to back off. Right or wrong that can come off as lazy and/or aloof at times.

Player A is XJ this year

I don't think it's hate as much as it is disappointment.

XJ has been the difference for CU in a number of wins over his career, he has that rare combination of power and skills that make him dangerous in any game. We also have to acknowledge that as a HS kid he was highly regarded 4* recruit. By coming to CU he got the attention of other kids, some of who may not have looked at CU before.

The frustration comes in seeing what we think he could have been. As good as he has been we look at a guy who hasn't gotten substantially better. As a Fr. he averaged 8.9 and 4.8. As a Jr. before the injury he was 10.3 and 5.6, this year he is 14.7 and 6.0. He has improved but based on his level as a recruit and the many flashes of talent we have seen we may have been expecting him to become a "star" instead of just above average.

Back